Page 17 of 239 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Math is hard.

But cool, makes sense to me. Would be interesting to see a back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Pb&js are 101 underfoot, have a mount of -5cm, and are much lighter than the wildcat 108. Definitely room for both of them in Moments lineup, and some crazy mofos on here will find room for them in the same quiver. Although I wonder if at some point Moment will drop the normal pb&j layup in favor of just the pb&jib. I kind of doubt it though.
    There is a still a need for the PBJ.

The PB&Jib is not coming back for 19/20 due to the Frankenski redesign.

You can preview next seasons line up at www.mmntskis.com

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Quick take on the regular wildcat 108 proto In 190 mounted with shifts. This is one of the best skis I’ve been on in ten years. Runs damp and remains strong through the entire turn. Not a lot of camber, yet has good pop. For me, at least, it is a what a modern charger should be, stable playful and powerful. Prefers to be driven through the tips, can be skied from the center as well. Weight is around 2160g/ski, with shift 3025g/ski.

So this is the exact setup I’m considering for a half inbounds, half short tours ski. Have you toured on them yet? How well do they handle pow? Backcountry chop?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anywhere to demo moment skis in the Denver area?

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBeat View Post
    Not season but next year there will be a couple spots.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    So this is the exact setup I’m considering for a half inbounds, half short tours ski. Have you toured on them yet? How well do they handle pow? Backcountry chop?

Yes. Most of the touring that I do is lift accessed, perfect ski/binding combination for that, anything under 1200m of vert is fine, for me. No longer have a lightweight setup, instead have a boot quiver, but that might change.

Good float in pow for a ski this stiff and surfy for 108 underfoot.

What is backcountry chop? If it is anything like cut up inbounds crap, the 108 is amazing.

Just to keep the pron flow heavy, screen grab from Mr. Curle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	634.1 KB 
ID:	273848

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5FDDA2F1-CEC5-40E1-A375-47B948AEF76D.jpeg 
Views:	146 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	273878

Commander 98 stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Yes. Most of the touring that I do is lift accessed, perfect ski/binding combination for that, anything under 1200m of vert is fine, for me. No longer have a lightweight setup, instead have a boot quiver, but that might change.

Good float in pow for a ski this stiff and surfy for 108 underfoot.

What is backcountry chop? If it is anything like cut up inbounds crap, the 108 is amazing.
    Awesome. By backcountry chop I meant stuff with a couple tracks that I wouldn’t consider fresh pow anymore but isn’t chopped up like the resort.

What boots are you using with them? Trying to decide if my hawx xtd 130 are enough to drive them inbounds. Was wishing for more boot when trying to drive my protests inbounds.

Planning on helping my dad replace his 184cm Bibby’s. They are 2015 vintage Blister Pro’s. He is in his 60’s but still skiing 50ish days per year and using them as a daily driver. They are just getting a bit beat up and he is wanting to freshen.

Thinking we might just look for 184cm wildcats or blister pro’s. Let me know if you happen to have a pair you would part with.

Can anyone comment on how much stability you loose going to a deathwish? I’m wondering if that might be a better route for an easier going ski as he nears 70.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    What boots are you using with them? Trying to decide if my hawx xtd 130 are enough to drive them inbounds. Was wishing for more boot when trying to drive my protests inbounds.

Cochise 130 w/pro wrap and booster inbounds and Vulcans w/tour wrap for longer tours. Weigh 90kgs without gear.

Don’t have nor have skied xtd 130’s. I read/hear they are better than Vulcans. Funny how touring boots still kind of suck inbounds eh. Rest is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBeat View Post
    I believe Scheels in Loveland has some if you're keen to drive north.

Came across this Moment video of the new Wildcat 108. Wow!

https://youtu.be/bhvZOTWbXgQ

Walked my dog on the new Deathwish Tour 112 today. Getting over a man cold so I haven't done anything but pretend to nordork ski on it yet, but will this weekend, and will get a review out this spring.

Out of the plastic 1660ish grams a ski in the 184 on my scale. Feels very close to the stock DW in flex, unbelievably stoked to get into real terrain on this thing.

The most excited I've ever been about a ski before even mounting it.

And DAMN, those graphics are incredible in person. Way to keep raising the bar.

Opinions on the commander series?

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post

Awesome! I need to get out ASAP!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Planning on helping my dad replace his 184cm Bibby’s. They are 2015 vintage Blister Pro’s. He is in his 60’s but still skiing 50ish days per year and using them as a daily driver. They are just getting a bit beat up and he is wanting to freshen.

Thinking we might just look for 184cm wildcats or blister pro’s. Let me know if you happen to have a pair you would part with.

Can anyone comment on how much stability you loose going to a deathwish? I’m wondering if that might be a better route for an easier going ski as he nears 70.
    Have you considered the Wildcat 108? Might be a bit better as a daily especially for 70 year old knees.

Longtime lurker first time poster so feel free to punish me, but can anyone shed some light on the heavy wildcat 108 vs. commander 108? Opinions on one over the other? I realize only a couple of you have been on the heavy wc108, but I'd love to hear a direct comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post

Nice!

A bit surprised that Ratatat's song "Drug" was chosen over their more famous song "Wildcat" for the Wildcat108 hype flick, but perhaps it was too obvious Wildcat108s can be drug of choice as well I guess

Quote Originally Posted by eric24v View Post
    Longtime lurker first time poster so feel free to punish me, but can anyone shed some light on the heavy wildcat 108 vs. commander 108? Opinions on one over the other? I realize only a couple of you have been on the heavy wc108, but I'd love to hear a direct comparison.
    only had literally one run on the commander 108, and a few days on the new cats. They wc108 wants to haul ass and jump off of everything. Spin on side hits, straightline and wiggle a bit through chop. Commander wants to go straight through stuff, feels a bit more planted. I'd think of them as a flat tailed vs rockered tail ski, but the rockered tail ski also has a heavier core. PBJ vs belafonte kind of thing, but the skinnybibby is hardier than the pbj and the commander looser than the belafonte

Quote Originally Posted by eric24v View Post
    I have skied neither a heavy core Wildcat 108 or a Commander 108, but I have spent quite a few days now on a Wildcat 108 tour. Here are some guesses. Anyone with time on either/or want to chime in?

Wildcat 108 will be more friendly to a smeary style and easier to control in tight terrain because it has a twinned tail with much more splay. It will lose a fair amount (I don’t know how much) of top end stability at speed on hard snow.

I suspect, and sruffian’s review also suggests, the Wildcat 108 is probably pretty damp. The touring core does not suck on weird hard snow (unfortunately I’ve had a lot of that) and an extra ~500 grams per ski can only help. The main complaint I have seen about the Commander is that the stiffness and lightness makes them not damp and a bit of a struggle in variable, though many do seem to like them in this condition. The Wildcat is actually about 150 grams/ski heavier in the longest length. I don’t know how much of this is the incremental 2 cm pre-press length (note the camber profile difference means straight tape is probably pretty close).

In case you can’t tell, I am more interested in the Wildcat 108 so there are probably advantages to the Commander I’m not seeing, but I think the primary reason to go Commander is that hard snow carving matters to you. I think groomers suck and are a way to get to things I care about skiing, so this is not big issue to me.

Deathwishers:

On the line or -1, for someone who spends less than 5% of my time backward?

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post

I suspect, and sruffian’s review also suggests, the Wildcat 108 is probably pretty damp. The touring core does not suck on weird hard snow (unfortunately I’ve had a lot of that) and an extra ~500 grams per ski can only help. The main complaint I have seen about the Commander is that the stiffness and lightness makes them not damp and a bit of a struggle in variable, though many do seem to like them in this condition. The Wildcat is actually about 150 grams/ski heavier in the longest length. I don’t know how much of this is the incremental 2 cm pre-press length (note the camber profile difference means straight tape is probably pretty close).
    The wildcat 108 skis damper than the weight would indicate. Still poppy. I think that ski is going to be a lot of fun for a lot of people. If you're worried about a difference in top end / speed limit on firm, you probably need the 194 commander, and then 108 wildcat wouldn't be an option anyway. WC 108 hauls ass just fine

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    The wildcat 108 skis damper than the weight would indicate. Still poppy. I think that ski is going to be a lot of fun for a lot of people. If you're worried about a difference in top end / speed limit on firm, you probably need the 194 commander, and then 108 wildcat wouldn't be an option anyway. WC 108 hauls ass just fine
    So...any reason you’d buy the 108 Commander?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Deathwishers:

On the line or -1, for someone who spends less than 5% of my time backward?
    I have my 190s mounted at -2cm from reccomended which is what moment reccomendeds for telemark and I find they rip there. Have skied switch on them a fair bit and they do fine. If you mostly ski forwards and don't do loads of spins, I think mounting back 1 or 2 makes them more versatile for pow/chop while still being very playful. I wouldn't go back further than that though. Stay within the triangles on the sidewall.