Page 4 of 237 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
    Melee, any chance we can get some Chipotle Banana production stoke when y'all get going on them?
    For sure. We are making new tooling for it now, adding semicap... Looks like they will be going into the presses on 1/22

Man... I had some great beta I shared on the Underworlds and Exit Worlds.

Is there a link someone can post so I can copy pasta that back here to we can retain it?

Related, I'm still on my Bibbys from 2010? Maybe '11? And I have a pair of Tahoes for low tide. Both rad skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Man... I had some great beta I shared on the Underworlds and Exit Worlds.

Is there a link someone can post so I can copy pasta that back here to we can retain it?

Related, I'm still on my Bibbys from 2010? Maybe '11? And I have a pair of Tahoes for low tide. Both rad skis.
    The mods had to lock down the old thread so it couldn't be deleted for a third time. The old thread is still searchable here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...kis+discussion

If you want to copy and paste that info into this active thread that would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    For sure. We are making new tooling for it now, adding semicap... Looks like they will be going into the presses on 1/22
    Rad - thanks!

What’s the revised estimated ship date now?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The mods had to lock down the old thread so it couldn't be deleted for a third time. The old thread is still searchable here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...kis+discussion

If you want to copy and paste that info into this active thread that would be appreciated.
    You're a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks.

My interwebbing-fu is weak and I can't copy both the quotes and my responses. Nonetheless, if you're searching for beta on either the Underworld or the Exit World, there's some info starting here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...84#post5513584

I can't speak to what the skis iterated into but I'm still rather happy with both for BC only work.

Lots of discussion of the EW & UW here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rld-Ski-Review
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    What’s the revised estimated ship date now?

Actually working on moving these up on the production calendar.

Will advise when we know more.

Actually working on moving these up on the production calendar.

Will advise when we know more.
    Okay. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Lots of discussion of the EW & UW here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rld-Ski-Review
    Oh yes, I remember that. Good times down memory lane. Good find. My comments still hold with both the EW and UW. Great skis for my intended uses.

Had my freshly tuned, “new to me” 2015 182cm PB&J out yesterday for their first full day of skiing and they RIP! Kept them sharp underfoot with a 1/1 tune till the contact point and detuned up the tip/tail from there. I’m 6’2”/175 and ski the 182cm as I ski in tighter areas, moguls and the occasional park jump laps so wanted shorter than the 188cm size. Ski the 184cm Bibby and that size is perfect for my needs as well. Have them mounted on the line and feel great there.

They were easy to pivot but held a great edge even on firmer groomers.
    Very stable on long GS style turns at speed but more than happy doing shorter turns in the glades at slower speeds. Motored through some afternoon crud with ease and ski like a heavier ski through it. Lots of fun doing shifties off side hits everywhere.

Once Moment makes at 108 Wildcat they will truly own the “playful charger” category from 100-118mm.

Man I really wish we had a moment dealer up here so I could demo them. They have piqued my interest for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Man I really wish we had a moment dealer up here so I could demo them. They have piqued my interest for years.
    I’m in Canada and only a few dealers here with nothing nearby but have always heard about the Bibby, PB&Js and other great Moment skis. Always on the lookout for used ones and this year got my 2018 “used 3 times” Bibby’s on kijiji for under $400 Can/$300 US and got my great shape PB&Js for even less. Figured I could sell them if I didn’t like them but love them both. Both amazing skis.

Moment skis really do live up to the hype. So take the plunge if you see something!

Skied a deathwish 190 for the first time today. 17/18 softer edition.

Really fun ski. I got them for free with the bases absolutely decimated and put a little money into a repair that came out way better than I was expecting.

Need some tuning changes. I could Jib straight down anything firm. No grip whatsoever. I detuned underfoot planning to take them into the park. Left the compound camber sections sharp, but clearly they need to be sharpened. The skied like a dull edged mustache rocker ski.

I like the flex and weight. Mounted slightly toward center.

Will sharpen a little outside the underfoot section and try again.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Welcome to borrow my 190 Bibbys any time

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Welcome to borrow my 190 Bibbys any time
    Thanks mang, no interest in bibby. Pb&j, wildcat 108 etc.

no interest in bibby
    You're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    You're doing it wrong.
    Ok.

PSA-Saw a pair of 2018 188cm PB&J listed with 5 days on them that were originally mounted for Attacks at 315mm on Reno NV Craigslist for $400.

https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/carnelian-bay-188cm-moment-pbj-skis/6793328484.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1996.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	264152

A quick bump to say that these relics from almost a decade ago got 'er done in some "interesting" conditions today. Each run included a few hundred vertical feet of 40+ cm deep pow which transitioned into hot pow of the same depth which finally transitioned into hot pow with a nice little zipper crust on the surface. Bibbys provided enough float to stay in the top few cm of the schmoo, a loose enough tail to break free and scrub speed when required and enough balls to stomp landings and blast through the chopped up jank when required. It's possible that Moment didn't hit it all the way out of the park with this ski, but they definitely hit it well into the stands and are justified at turning the bases with a bit of swagger prior to counting their well-deserved run.

I skied the same layer cake yesterday on my 190 Deathwishes and can say with certainty that they don't handle this stuff as well (duh!). DWs don't have enough float to stay close enough to the surface to break the tails free when required, the tips plow/hook more and they don't have the same balance of stiffness/dampness/pop that the Bibbys provide. Don't get me wrong, the DWs get the job done in a wide range of conditions, but the Bibby gets the job done better with less effort for me in soft/deep/janky conditions. If I was going to select one of these two skis as a one ski quiver (the travesty!) I'd select the Bibby. Its pow/crud performance significantly outweighs any minor trickability or quickness that the DW offers up in shallower conditions. Neither ski is going to replace something with metal in it when conditions are firm, so I don't think the DW's firm performance outshines the Bibby's enough to accept the soft snow/mank discrepency between the two skis. Lots of people love the DW, but I wonder how many of them have spent time on the Bibby? I'd say the Bibby is at least 85% as good as the DW in firm conditions while the DW is only maybe 70% as good as the Bibby in pow and crud. If I jibbed more/at all I'd probably value the DW's slightly lighter weight and softer flex more than I do.
    YMMV and all that, but hopefully this is useful for anyone looking at these two skis.

Orig. Bibbys still my Q of 1 for resort days!!!

The edges are round like Ariel Winter though, need to get em tuned up!!!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Ok.
    but have you been bibby'd yet?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Any consensus on mounting point for meridian tours? Taking my new 187s to get mounted tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Any consensus on mounting point for meridian tours? Taking my new 187s to get mounted tomorrow afternoon.
    just hit up their chat on the website and they'll tell ya.