Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1643
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    All the new topsheets are fire!! Hyped to hear more about the commander 118 and 124, will they be as freakishly light as the 98 and 108?
    The Commanders are freakishly light! We like that about them though, they are still very damp.

    The 118 is a very similar build and we are still dialing the the sidecut, Tyler Curle has been on most of the protos. This ski does feature Titanal.

    The 124 was made to "replace" the Comi. This design is kind of unique to the rest of the Commander line since its the brain child of Third Edge Heli and a lot of there clients who have been Comi fanatics for the last decade. The 124 does not use Titanal

    For 19/20 the Commanders do get new molds. Instead of the tip gradually following the rocker profile it has a second radius to create a more pronounced tip and a bit more slay. The tail rocker gets reduced just a tad bringing the contact point just a few mm back and slightly less splay.

    Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,443
    Tip slay! The latest crud busting innovation?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    109
    Another one curious about Wildcat 108 changes to make more damp and approximate weights.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    35
    Wildcat 108 looks awesome... gonna have a tough time choosing between that and whatever ON3P comes out with between the Kartel and Wren for a DD. May just come down to length and graphics when deciding


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #180
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    853
    Harms and Clark got me on the Comi a long time ago while skiing in Alaska. Still a favorite of mine for deep days. Looking forward to checking out the Commander 124.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Yeah I miss the Fable of the Bibby, but I get the rebrand and I'm stoked to see where this new Space-themed storyline goes.

    Here's the link to the Fable of the Bibby imgur album I put together a couple years ago.

    https://imgur.com/r/skiing/9jQ5I
    Very cool. Thanks for putting that together.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    355
    That death wish tour in full width will be my next ski. awesome guys!

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cascades
    Posts
    513
    Maybe this is an un-TGR question, but has anyone skied the Meridian close to center mounted? I bought tpacent's 187s and I think the furthest back I can go between center and recommended (-5cm) is +3.5cm (-1.5cm from true center). This is in line with my Rossi Scimitars that I have at -1cm from center, but I'm worried that I'll be in the back seat all the time in deeper snow.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Maybe this is an un-TGR question, but has anyone skied the Meridian close to center mounted? I bought tpacent's 187s and I think the furthest back I can go between center and recommended (-5cm) is +3.5cm (-1.5cm from true center). This is in line with my Rossi Scimitars that I have at -1cm from center, but I'm worried that I'll be in the back seat all the time in deeper snow.
    FWIW Cody Townsend mounts all his skis dead center.

    In one of his instagram videos he was mounting shifts on a qst at dead center and said yes it is freaky but you just have to trust the tips to come up and they always do.

    One of Moments athletes mounted his Commander 118 pretty close to center as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Another one curious about Wildcat 108 changes to make more damp and approximate weights.
    Dialing in the final version of the ski this month but we are really happy with it already.

    Depending on the build weights are 4120g to 4500g per pair.

    Main changes are the core material although some composite tweaks have been tested.

    The goal is to make a slightly damper ride while still feeling like a Wildcat.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    FWIW Cody Townsend mounts all his skis dead center.

    In one of his instagram videos he was mounting shifts on a qst at dead center and said yes it is freaky but you just have to trust the tips to come up and they always do.

    One of Moments athletes mounted his Commander 118 pretty close to center as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Tyler Curle runs his forward of recommended but he isn't at dead center.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Paper St. Soap Co.
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Yeah I miss the Fable of the Bibby, but I get the rebrand and I'm stoked to see where this new Space-themed storyline goes.

    Here's the link to the Fable of the Bibby imgur album I put together a couple years ago.

    https://imgur.com/r/skiing/9jQ5I
    This is awesome, thanks for posting! I have looked at the tops of my 2013 bibby for hundreds of hours and never knew the whole story. Maybe for the 2018 Jack escapes the underworld and gets on a Saturn 5 to go to the moon? Or that is what I will tell myself because I need to replace my 2013's soon.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    9,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Dialing in the final version of the ski this month but we are really happy with it already.

    Depending on the build weights are 4120g to 4500g per pair.

    Main changes are the core material although some composite tweaks have been tested.

    The goal is to make a slightly damper ride while still feeling like a Wildcat.
    This makes me happy.

    Sounds like weight will actually be in the same ballpark as the regular Wildcat. Which is sweet.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Davis California
    Posts
    256
    Melee - is the camber profile the same across the commander line? Wondering if the 118 and 124 have less camber given their purpose.
    Go Sox!

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Dialing in the final version of the ski this month but we are really happy with it already.

    Depending on the build weights are 4120g to 4500g per pair.

    Main changes are the core material although some composite tweaks have been tested.

    The goal is to make a slightly damper ride while still feeling like a Wildcat.
    So freaking stoked on this. Nice job boys!

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    P-tex, CA
    Posts
    8,273
    Moment 18/19 Deathwish stoke. Been skiing these more the last couple of weeks and back in love with them!




  17. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    747
    nice skiing - looks fun! Music was... interesting?

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Davis California
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Moment 18/19 Deathwish stoke. Been skiing these more the last couple of weeks and back in love with them!



    Any changes from the current ski? I am intrigued by these now that they have stiffened them up a bit. Also interested in a comparison between the newest Deathwish and your time on the commander 108. Thanks.
    Go Sox!

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    695
    My newly acquired Deathwish badly need a tune. What is the consensus base/side bevel?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    mammoth
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    This is awesome, thanks for posting! I have looked at the tops of my 2013 bibby for hundreds of hours and never knew the whole story. Maybe for the 2018 Jack escapes the underworld and gets on a Saturn 5 to go to the moon? Or that is what I will tell myself because I need to replace my 2013's soon.
    Maybe! Though I think it's a different story entirely, Melee would have to confirm.

    I'll probably put together another album about the chronicles of the wildcat topsheet once I get a better understanding of what's happening. It looks to be a fantastical rendition of the apollo missions so far, maybe fits with alien/ET lore.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    My newly acquired Deathwish badly need a tune. What is the consensus base/side bevel?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Factory tune is 1/1


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Maybe! Though I think it's a different story entirely, Melee would have to confirm.

    I'll probably put together another album about the chronicles of the wildcat topsheet once I get a better understanding of what's happening. It looks to be a fantastical rendition of the apollo missions so far, maybe fits with alien/ET lore.
    Totally new story line with the Wildcat name change. Jack and Jill are done. They had a good run for 10 years.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Factory tune is 1/1


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Nailed it.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Yeah I miss the Fable of the Bibby, but I get the rebrand and I'm stoked to see where this new Space-themed storyline goes.

    Here's the link to the Fable of the Bibby imgur album I put together a couple years ago.

    https://imgur.com/r/skiing/9jQ5I
    I never knew this whole story either. Thanks for sharing that. I love the topsheet of my 12-13 and it's cool to know the background!

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Chicken Coop, Seattle
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Totally new story line with the Wildcat name change. Jack and Jill are done. They had a good run for 10 years.
    Not that you need more cult followers, but this is incredibly cool. Never knew the full story. I donít need 10 pairs of bibbys, but I sort of hope Josh has a wall at his house with each pair in sequential order.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •