Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1798
  1. #1751
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    1,955
    Only thing I notice is the tour can get you tossed around a bit in chop, otherwise very similar as you would expect.

  2. #1752
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    And they stay cooler. Also the increased surface roughness makes them more aerodynamic.

    I have been drilling a hole in a thin piece of (maybe 1/32 inch) sheet metal and clamping it down on top of the paper template as a drill guide lately. Makes freehand drilling tech for binding mounts a little bit less stressful.

    The DW tours are awesome, btw. Iíve only got a few of days on them this year, but theyíre like buttah. Was super easy to jump on them and feel at home after already being used to the regular DW.

    I keep seeing people making reference of being used to the DW , is it so different than a non moment ski I might otherwise be used to?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

    fuck that noise.

    gmen.

  3. #1753
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    And they stay cooler. Also the increased surface roughness makes them more aerodynamic.

    I have been drilling a hole in a thin piece of (maybe 1/32 inch) sheet metal and clamping it down on top of the paper template as a drill guide lately. Makes freehand drilling tech for binding mounts a little bit less stressful.

    The DW tours are awesome, btw. Iíve only got a few of days on them this year, but theyíre like buttah. Was super easy to jump on them and feel at home after already being used to the regular DW.
    We seem to like a lot of the same skis - how do you like the tip support on the DWT? The forward mount and more centered style is my one hesitation coming off skis like the Lhasas and Quixotes. Which length did you get?

  4. #1754
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    I keep seeing people making reference of being used to the DW , is it so different than a non moment ski I might otherwise be used to?
    Yes, I think it skis similarly to the Kartel 108. My goal with the DWT, because I donít get away from the resort as much as I want (donít want to deprive the kids), was to avoid having to recalibrate to a ski I only use a handful of times a year.

  5. #1755
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    We seem to like a lot of the same skis - how do you like the tip support on the DWT? The forward mount and more centered style is my one hesitation coming off skis like the Lhasas and Quixotes. Which length did you get?
    Iím on the 190, on the recommended BCL.

    Spent my first day on them skiing slush bumps at sort of irresponsible speeds. I did feel like I was going to go over the bars a couple of times, but that faded pretty quickly. I started skiing the Deathwish and the Kartel 108 at the same time, and had the same feeling with the K108, so yeah, probably just adjusting to the center mount. It was not a frustrating adjustment period. I just found myself airborne a lot more than normal. I have experimented with the mount on the Kartel, moving back 1 and 2 cm, and didnít love it. It wasnít bad, just not as fun for me. I havenít tried messing with the DW mount, but probably should, just to know how it feels. They can be driven pretty hard at the recommended mount location, though.

    I think I have 20ish days on them and maybe four on the DWTs now, and they will survive the great quiver reduction I keep promising my wife.

  6. #1756
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    We seem to like a lot of the same skis - how do you like the tip support on the DWT? The forward mount and more centered style is my one hesitation coming off skis like the Lhasas and Quixotes. Which length did you get?
    We have had 14 pair of Moment's in the family; DW (3), DWT, Meridian's(2), Sierra's(2), Bella's, Carson's (2) & Zephyr's(3). Every pair has been mounted on the factory recommended line without regret. I did have a pair of demo bindings on one pair of Meridian's and fiddled with the mount point and I liked the line the best. No Bibby / Wildcat experience.

  7. #1757
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    28
    Stoke level is growing for the 20/21 ski line up

  8. #1758
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    And they stay cooler. Also the increased surface roughness makes them more aerodynamic.

    I have been drilling a hole in a thin piece of (maybe 1/32 inch) sheet metal and clamping it down on top of the paper template as a drill guide lately. Makes freehand drilling tech for binding mounts a little bit less stressful.

    The DW tours are awesome, btw. Iíve only got a few of days on them this year, but theyíre like buttah. Was super easy to jump on them and feel at home after already being used to the regular DW.
    I'm looking at stainless steel door push plates. So you drill all the template holes in the stainless, do the normal paper mount procedure, then clamp the stainless template over paper (lining up the holes) and it guides the drill from drifting? I could probably get away with doing it in halves right?

  9. #1759
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    da hood
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I'm looking at stainless steel door push plates. So you drill all the template holes in the stainless, do the normal paper mount procedure, then clamp the stainless template over paper (lining up the holes) and it guides the drill from drifting? I could probably get away with doing it in halves right?
    Use the paper template with a center punch. The indent of the center punch will prevent drill drifting. Don’t overthink this.

  10. #1760
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I'm looking at stainless steel door push plates. So you drill all the template holes in the stainless, do the normal paper mount procedure, then clamp the stainless template over paper (lining up the holes) and it guides the drill from drifting? I could probably get away with doing it in halves right?
    I just drill one hole and move the plate around.

    1. Tape the binding template to the ski
    2. Line up the plate over a hole
    3. Clamp it down
    4. Drill
    5. Go to 2.

    Sometimes I go back and sink the drill bit fully in each hole, but usually not. The plate Iíve been using is only 1/32Ē.

    Eventually the hole in the plate gets reamed out a little and a new one has to be drilled. I think I can usually mount three pairs of skis before that happens. Pretty low rent affair.

  11. #1761
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    794
    I think this graphic is pretty awesome

  12. #1762
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    1,753
    Teaser video looking good, Melee!

    That base structure...

  13. #1763
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40
    Neverending Story laser decapitating sphinx graphics? Just take my money now.

    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I think this graphic is pretty awesome

  14. #1764
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    860

    20/21 Site Live

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-29 Moment Skis.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	335690

    20/21 COLLECTION IS LIVE

    www.momentskis.com

  15. #1765
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,099
    Sweet line-up. New C108 looks like the business.

    Adding ash to the Wildcat lay-up - hell yeah.

    Looks like stiff is back!

  16. #1766
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    223
    Oh wow, the Commanders graphics are insane! Right down my alley.

  17. #1767
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,834
    Wildcat 101? Awesome! I assume the personality is closer to the Wildcat 108 than the PB&J?

  18. #1768
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Oh wow, the Commanders graphics are insane! Right down my alley.
    We took "Make Moment Evil Again" to heart. Glad you dig the graphics. Max Miller nailed it this year.

  19. #1769
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montucky
    Posts
    1,357
    Hell yeah! My favorite part about the graphics was always the Sith Lord vibe.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #1770
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Sweet line-up. New C108 looks like the business.

    Adding ash to the Wildcat lay-up - hell yeah.

    Looks like stiff is back!
    The ash Wildcat is awesome.

    Also, we are using European Beech in the Commander Series. It's even stiffer and damper. The redesign is insane.

  21. #1771
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wildcat 101? Awesome! I assume the personality is closer to the Wildcat 108 than the PB&J?
    Exactly, its not a super big departure from the PB&J but there are a few tweaks to sidecut geometry. A new ash core, base material and ABS sidewall makes it a solid update.

    It still is intended for all the same conditions as the PB&J, we just think it handles them better.

  22. #1772
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-29 Moment Skis.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	335690

    20/21 COLLECTION IS LIVE

    www.momentskis.com
    SICK! Is this carbon base new? Commander 118 design is basically unchanged from last season except for using Beech in the core?

  23. #1773
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    794
    well fekk me - so much awesomeness! I hate to say it (as waiting has been a pain), but it has been more than worth the wait

    oh my - w116 weights are up significantly through using the w108 core
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-07-29 kl. 21.37.58.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	335708

    and the new commander looks as deadly as the graphics suggest when looking at the geo and construction. Mymymy.

  24. #1774
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    oh my - w116 weights are up significantly
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-07-29 kl. 21.37.58.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	335708
    Yesssssssssss


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #1775
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    SICK! Is this carbon base new? Commander 118 design is basically unchanged from last season except for using Beech in the core?
    The carbon base is new!

    It's a 7500 series base from Isosport and its so badass.

    It's super durable, its dimensional stability is way better than the old Durasurf 4001 base. Which means its easier to grind and make a flat ski.

    The black is BLACK even when you run out of wax so the skis just look better all the time.

    It's also super fast and holds wax really well.

    Bases with sublimated graphics still get Crown Durasurf 4001. It's the only way to do this.

    Also, all skis now feature ABS Sidewall from Europe.

    The base and sidewall were huge updates this year and we are super pumped on how the skis look and ride.

    Regarding the Commanders 118 - It's the same ski as last year but has a carbon base, ABS Sidewall and a beech core.

    The Commander 98 and 108 have tons of updates. The camber/rocker profile is totally new. Mainly, it has a much flatter tail. They also have the new beech core, abs sidewall and carbon base.

    The sidecut on the 98 and 108 is WAY longer, we got rid of a ton of the taper and redeveloped the sidecut from the ground up. It also has more titanal. These thing RIP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •