Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 978
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    1,159
    Lemonhead- thanks for the info! You are further confirming my own full rocker bias


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,259
    Can someone w 190 bibbys do me a favor? Figure out the overall length of the contact points where the camber section exists? And if you are a real all star, the distance from the contact points to the tips?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I started a dating advice app because I always need advice
    ó
    Charmed Chat lets you tinder for your friends

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,122
    Just coming back to mention that my 187 meridian tours handle really deep snow just fine. I've had them out on a few ridiculous days here in Utah recently. My concerns that I previously had about them in these conditions are no more. You can't just sit back and ski them lazily and expect them to float (like I could get away with on my previous lotus 120s) but if you ski them with a more active and energetic turn they will drop down into the snow and then pop back up and out for the next turn.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    168
    Thanks for the input lemonhead

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    30
    Hey everyone, the first pair of Chipotle Banana 186's just came through grinding, they're clocking in at a crisp 9.25 lbs / 4.20 kg. Threw in some other classics for a size reference.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obesity Collection.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	266181

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Can someone w 190 bibbys do me a favor? Figure out the overall length of the contact points where the camber section exists? And if you are a real all star, the distance from the contact points to the tips?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    here ya go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_150538.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	771.9 KB 
ID:	266248
    Laid ski on flat surface, slide piece of paper around to isolated contact point/area, then estimated contact center.
    Last edited by I, the Powfinder; 01-24-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    style matters...

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    tahoe de chingao
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by hot.pocket View Post
    Hey everyone, the first pair of Chipotle Banana 186's just came through grinding, they're clocking in at a crisp 9.25 lbs / 4.20 kg. Threw in some other classics for a size reference.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obesity Collection.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	266181
    Can we buy those ghost chants??

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hot.pocket View Post
    Hey everyone, the first pair of Chipotle Banana 186's just came through grinding, they're clocking in at a crisp 9.25 lbs / 4.20 kg. Threw in some other classics for a size reference.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obesity Collection.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	266181
    Looking nice!! Shipping soon?????


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    152
    Got my Meridian Tours out in some fresh snow for the first time today. ~12" of fresh on top of another 12 of settled denser snow. Floated shockingly well for a 107 width and the full rocker let me throw them sideways and play around really easily. Handled shit refrozen tracked out snow as well as any ski should, certainly not an ON3P charger but I couldn't expect that from the weight of these skis. (Compliment even if it doesn't sound like it). The weight on the uphill is amazing, easy to get up quick and get a lot of laps on good days. Highly recommend, coming to these from a Kitten Factory Toors Lite and really prefer these skis. Much looser and more maneuverable and just as stable.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Can we buy those ghost chants??
    Last pair in the factory, they're staying with us, but who knows, we thought we were done building Bananas...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Looking nice!! Shipping soon?????
    Gotta throw a mounting stamp on there and do some final touch ups then they're out the door. All orders should leave the factory early next week.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    88
    So thinking about mounting the wildcat T108 1.5-2 back... anyone done this already?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by I, the Powfinder View Post
    here ya go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_150538.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	771.9 KB 
ID:	266248
    Laid ski on flat surface, slide piece of paper around to isolated contact point/area, then estimated contact center.
    I don't think anybody thanked you for this, but it's pretty next level.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Eastern WA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    So thinking about mounting the wildcat T108 1.5-2 back... anyone done this already?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Went -1.0 to accommodate both boots I use. So far so good.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    344
    Mounted my moment Bibby tours -1 back of line thinking I would like then more rearward stance. Nope. Moved them forward +1. Big sweet spot but think the Bibby wildcats like a more centered stance or maybe just my preference. It could be that I am just so used to my Meredians at line which is -5 and now I have the Bibby at -5 or plus 1 and all is good again

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    629
    posted over at NS in the 2020 thread - Wildcat108 tours supposedly - looks pretty damn nice imo:

    Name:  922374_400w_1000h.png
Views: 567
Size:  561.0 KB

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    posted over at NS in the 2020 thread - Wildcat108 tours supposedly - looks pretty damn nice imo:

    Name:  922374_400w_1000h.png
Views: 567
Size:  561.0 KB
    I canít wait for the new wildcat.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    92
    Looking at the PBJ for an everyday CO ski for a little park, bumps, pow, trees, and steeps. I ski Mary Jane bumps and trees almost exclusively. 5'9, 155 lbs. Pretty aggressive skier and former competitive bump skier so I love to mash. Currently been skiing a 185 bodacious as a daily driver but I want something quicker and easier to manage on chill days. Do I want the 188 or 182?

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    590
    Id say 182 at your size. They are a pretty stout and I would think youíd want a little less length than the Bodacious.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    1,159
    Anyone spent time on the Chipotle and the 117 Meridian? Curious about a comparison of the 2 skis. My guess is the Meridian is a titch more versatile, but I have no idea as I have only skied the CB. Keep seeing 117s and am getting curious...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,717
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Anyone spent time on the Chipotle and the 117 Meridian? Curious about a comparison of the 2 skis. My guess is the Meridian is a titch more versatile, but I have no idea as I have only skied the CB. Keep seeing 117s and am getting curious...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I thought the whole point of the Meridian 107 was to be a narrower version of the Chipotle Banana. So I'm curious too, because that would mean the Meridian 117 is the wider version of a ski that was the narrower version of a different ski. Which has me confused.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I thought the whole point of the Meridian 107 was to be a narrower version of the Chipotle Banana. So I'm curious too, because that would mean the Meridian 117 is the wider version of a ski that was the narrower version of a different ski. Which has me confused.
    Yeah I also thought of that... I think skis with waist over 120 are just hard to sell. So they produced a narrower chipotle, then stopped producing original chipotle, and then realized they only have Bibby in over 115 category, so added meridian 117.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I thought the whole point of the Meridian 107 was to be a narrower version of the Chipotle Banana. So I'm curious too, because that would mean the Meridian 117 is the wider version of a ski that was the narrower version of a different ski. Which has me confused.
    The 107 was created as a narrower CB but it was also "tamed" a bit. The CB had radius rocker and was STIFF. The 107 had a touch more sidecut and a more progressive flex pattern. The 117 continues in that vein, it's a narrower CB with a shorter radius and slightly softer flex.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromNS View Post
    The 107 was created as a narrower CB but it was also "tamed" a bit. The CB had radius rocker and was STIFF. The 107 had a touch more sidecut and a more progressive flex pattern. The 117 continues in that vein, it's a narrower CB with a shorter radius and slightly softer flex.
    Ok, thatís helpful. That makes me think the 117 is still a bit inferior to the CB. I guess was hoping that the 117 was the same flex and side cut.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    199
    I owned some 117's... I understand that they are still likely less stiff than the CB but... they were by far the stiffest ski I've ever owned. They flex like a 2x4. I found that I would still get kicked around quite a bit in 3D snow but I only weight 165lbs at 6'2". I really would want a 192-194 version... the flex wasn't the issue with it being stable I just wanted a little more ski out front. If I was under 6' or lighter I would likely still own them.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    481
    I would love a 192 meridian 117

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •