Page 5 of 237 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    just hit up their chat on the website and they'll tell ya.
    Can't speak to the tours but the regular Meridians I mounted on the line and that is perfect.

Mounted my wife's Meridian tours at about -1 and she likes them there on on the firm stuff has to keep on the front of the skis. I'm guessing that something between -1 and the line would be perfect depending on your preferences.

Mmm... OG Bibby stoke. Love it. One of my favorite topsheets, too.

Speaking of that hallowed ski. I saw that Josh is no longer skiing Moments. What happened to his namesake ski? Has it become something new; same ski with a different name? No more Bibbys?

I'd go try and re-read that other thread, but you know...

It's called the wildcat now, probably why they changed the name for this season.

Bibby(the one everyone loves) = Wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    It's called the wildcat now, probably why they changed the name for this season.

Bibby(the one everyone loves) = Wildcat
    Copy that. Gracias.

Any early reviews/stoke from people with some days on Wildcat 108 tours? Waiting for mine to show up.

PSA: cheap New Tahoe on ebay
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/264134178342

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Any early reviews/stoke from people with some days on Wildcat 108 tours? Waiting for mine to show up.
    I’m really liking mine so far, but still limited time on them. They feel really light on the feet but do have enough backbone to do what I want them to in soft snow. Doubt I’ll consider bringing these out if it’s icy or consolidated chop - there are obviously better tools for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    I’m really liking mine so far, but still limited time on them. They feel really light on the feet but do have enough backbone to do what I want them to in soft snow. Doubt I’ll consider bringing these out if it’s icy or consolidated chop - there are obviously better tools for that.
    Bad in ice and chop for a touring ski or relative to inbounds skis? From the shape I had guessed they'd be ok at ice compared to something like a 4FRNT Raven but I don't know yet for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Bad in ice and chop for a touring ski or relative to inbounds skis? From the shape I had guessed they'd be ok at ice compared to something like a 4FRNT Raven but I don't know yet for obvious reasons.
    In anything from 4-10” of pow and in soft chop they were great, haven’t tested them in any really bad snow. I just know if it’s icy, I’ll reach for a different ski

I remounted my DW with some demo binders this season to be able to share with guests. A week or so ago I decided to play with pushing the binding setting forward. Bored and curious, I guess. Let me 1st stipulate that I love the DW mounted on the line. SUPER versatile- can charge the fall line, smear and slarve, and rail when you lean ‘em over. Buuuuuuttttt....

Moment Skis Discussion

When I rode them forward they were a blast! Super pivoty, a breeze in moguls, and a dream in the tight trees. Like a totally different ski. I wouldn’t mount them with a traditional binding there but it is fun to mix it up.

Mounted up my Meridian tours yesterday with SSL 2.0s. I shaved 500g off each foot compared to my lotus 190-something 120s with FT12s. Looking at those 2 skis side by side I was really worried about how these Meridians would handle the deep days. They are quite a bit skinnier and have a much shorter tip with the center mount (I went -1).

Today was about a foot of new snow and these things are so much damn fun! So playful and they definitely want to bounce around and pop off of everything. Once you're up to speed they float pretty good. I am a little concerned at how they will do with bigger lines but time will tell. So far so good.
    Last edited by dfinn; 01-16-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Have any of you gotten on the Meridian Tours in variable snow? I've been loving my Meridians in the resort, but am wondering if it's the warden/atomic hawx boot combo or the ski that I'm digging. I'd be mounting tech binders and skiing a TLT7 with the Meridian Tours. Mainly just wanting something to switch it up from my Wailer 112's and use it as my early season/spring ski. Thoughts?

Anybody know the mount point on the 187 Belafonte? Thinking that might be a good ski for me, if I can find them cheap. (yes, exactly like the pair I just missed in gear swap)
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Anybody know the mount point on the 187 Belafonte? Thinking that might be a good ski for me, if I can find them cheap. (yes, exactly like the pair I just missed in gear swap)
    -9mm. Great ski. And I like the older normal camber ones better than the triple camber model.

Good luck, they are hard to find. I had a snag a pair "off market" from Doebedoe

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    -9mm. Great ski. And I like the older normal camber ones better than the triple camber model.

Good luck, they are hard to find. I had a snag a pair "off market" from Doebedoe
    So what's up with that? Seems a lot of people love the deathwish to the point of Bibby/BG levels etc. but I don't see much love outside of that particular model as far as the triple camber, any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    So what's up with that? Seems a lot of people love the deathwish to the point of Bibby/BG levels etc. but I don't see much love outside of that particular model as far as the triple camber, any insight?
    The older model is slightly stiffer and has more effective edge. It made a difference in my opinion. Super stable and balanced. The 186 triple camber version felt a bit short and for me.

Its all personal preference though.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    The older model is slightly stiffer and has more effective edge. It made a difference in my opinion. Super stable and balanced. The 186 triple camber version felt a bit short and for me.

Its all personal preference though.
    Any weirdness regarding edge maintenance, waxing, etc? (and thanks for response)

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Any weirdness regarding edge maintenance, waxing, etc? (and thanks for response)
    No prob. No, all pretty normal. The Triple Camber is subtle. When i started not to click with the ski I thought it was the triple camber's fault, but then realized it was more about the stiffness and effective edge.

Anyone ran the commander and the tahoe back to back?

Got my mom some 178 tahoe 96's this season and she really digs them after a thorough tip/tail detune, but has said she wishes they were a little turny-er. Seems like the commander fits that bill with its shorter radius. I know moments aren't the first skis when you think 'mom ski' but she's a small business owner and buying USA made is a big deal to her.

Bump for any experiences on the Meridian Tour. Specifically with how it handles chop and firm conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Bump for any experiences on the Meridian Tour. Specifically with how it handles chop and firm conditions.
    X2 on this...
    Gotta be some people out there skiing garbage conditions so far this season. Really would like a comparison of the Wildcat 108 tour and Meridian tour. These two skis both seem like they could be versatile as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Anyone ran the commander and the tahoe back to back?

Got my mom some 178 tahoe 96's this season and she really digs them after a thorough tip/tail detune, but has said she wishes they were a little turny-er. Seems like the commander fits that bill with its shorter radius. I know moments aren't the first skis when you think 'mom ski' but she's a small business owner and buying USA made is a big deal to her.
    Can't speak for the commander, but I have the 17/18 tahoes with the same specs. I had them mounted +1 of rec. They feel plenty pivotaly for me, albeit Im 6' 210. I just pulled the binders off and doing a quiver killer set up. Gonna mount at the rec this time.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    X2 on this...
    Gotta be some people out there skiing garbage conditions so far this season. Really would like a comparison of the Wildcat 108 tour and Meridian tour. These two skis both seem like they could be versatile as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I have the Meridian tours and think the handle chop and firm as well as expected. For a lightweight full rocker ski they do well. On firm non breakable crusts they are great. You can arc turns all day and easily get sideways when you want. Do they handle chop as well as a Wildcat with alpine binders, of course not. The lightweight lets the tip get deflected when you are moving at a high rate of speed and hit hard chunks. I went with the Meridan tour instead of the wildcat tour 108 because I thought the full rocker at 107 would allow me to have a lighter weight ski that would still be a lot of fun in the powder. I have not been disappointed. I ski in Utah and try to tour on good snow. If I was looking specifically for a crap snow ski maybe the Wildcat 108 would have been a better choice with the camber underfoot. I however have no regrets and have recommended the ski to many.