Page 53 of 241 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6015
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    agree. most people skid better with slightly dulled edges, they just dont know it.
    FIFY

I’m 5’9” ; 145#; Athlete for a few- have been rocking 171, 172, 174 moments - this year. Went short intentionally for East rocks/trees.

So I'm looking at a pair of wildcats coming from woodsman, wrenegades and renegades.

Can anyone tell me if the recommended mount is centre of the rocker profile? Ie renegade is center of contact/rocker profile minus 5 or 6 sidecut

Just unwrapped my new WCs. Whew these are pretty skis.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    Any Canadians that have any experience in ordering from the moment site?
    I know their default shipping method is Fedex, but as canadians we know how terrible fedex is for brokerage,duties and taxes. Did any of you get charged post purchase during delivery?
    Yup. About 50-70 bucks for duties I think

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Never detuned moments. For me they’re great out of the plastic. Try before you adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    FIFY
    Lol. Also true

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    Never detuned moments. For me they’re great out of the plastic. Try before you adjust.

+1. Mine have come pretty dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I've been reading a lot of "get the 190's over 184's if you want stability" comments and wanted to add my two cents. I'm 185 pounds on the Wildcat 108's in 184cm and while light they are still as stable as much heavier skis (for perspective, my other 108 skis are ON3P Wrens that weigh at least a few hundred grams more per ski). According to the Ikon tracker app I hit 62 mph today and never felt sketched out at all. Just wanted to add that for anyone who's on the fence between sizes.
    Thanks for the input. I thought my old 184 Bibbys felt short on big powder days with seriously deep chop, but never really had problems in normal all-mountain type conditions and never really felt they had a speed limit in soft conditions. I'm 5'10" 170lbs or so and have strong legs (my 184 Billy Goats have never felt too heavy or too long), so I'm sure the 190s would not be too much ski. But if I wanted max stability, I think there are better ski choices and I'd worry going bigger for added stability kind of defeats some of the design intent for a ski like a Wildcat 108 used as a daily driver at my size.

Just thought I’d drop in to share the time my buddy borrowed a set of moment skis from the demo tent, got drunk and forgot to return them. Called the guy the next day who said he’d “come up and grab them, don’t worry” then never followed up. RIP GW, you were a great guy that’s missed by many. Glad you got to rip them. Miss you man.

@melee any updates on the ghost train? I'm really wanting to hop on a pair for this season and heard about a fried computer? Curious if anyone has skied the ghost train and current On3p C&D?

*sorry, about to gush about a ski that can't be purchased anymore*

Moment thank you so much for producing fucking awesome skis. Near the beginning of last season I picked up some used Belafontes, 2016 I believe (purple and black mainly with aqua splash graphics) I swear these skis have changed how I ski for the better and easily helped me progress leaps and bounds last and this season. They've been amazing for both the Sierra's and my new home of Colorado. I can blast through crud, confidently send stuff I'd never looked at before, and I've clocked my fastest runs on them. These things have never failed to rise to the occasion whatever I ask of them (except for not being amazing at low speed tight trees). They make me feel like a way better skier than I am and it's awesome to get to rep some Sierra pride out here in Colorado as well.

Keep sending it Moment!
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    @melee any updates on the ghost train? I'm really wanting to hop on a pair for this season and heard about a fried computer? Curious if anyone has skied the ghost train and current On3p C&D?
    I don't really think that's a good pair for comparison. Just looking at the rocker profile, mount point, etc - they are very different

Cross post for some thoughts on the Bella/Sierra...
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    I don't really think that's a good pair for comparison. Just looking at the rocker profile, mount point, etc - they are very different
    I agree that they are very different skis and I think that there intended use is similar. The only other brand that I would consider for my stupid pow day ski is on3p. Besides the C&D there next widest skis are 116. What would be better comparison from them?

I agree that they are very different skis and I think that there intended use is similar. The only other brand that I would consider for my stupid pow day ski is on3p. Besides the C&D there next widest skis are 116. What would be better comparison from them?
    Maybe the Chipotle Banana is a better comparison to the C&D than the ghost train? Yeah I know they are very different still (fully rockered "radius rocker sidecut" at -5cm vs fat pintail w/RES at -9cm) but intended use is still the same. Isn't the ghost train like a fatter deathwish? To me the deathwish is like a fat all mountain ski because of the triple camber, so I think the Chipotle Banana is more pow specific. Anyone skied both the CB and C&D and care to chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Maybe the Chipotle Banana is a better comparison to the C&D than the ghost train? Yeah I know they are very different still (fully rockered "radius rocker sidecut" at -5cm vs fat pintail w/RES at -9cm) but intended use is still the same. Isn't the ghost train like a fatter deathwish? To me the deathwish is like a fat all mountain ski because of the triple camber, so I think the Chipotle Banana is more pow specific. Anyone skied both the CB and C&D and care to chime in?
    @lucknau is still getting some data on his, but he can (soon?) do a comparison between the CB and the 191 BG. I’d find that useful.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Ghost train has triple camber with flat underfoot DW my favorite ski of all time has camber under foot. I already have a meridian 117 so I'm not interested in a chipotle banana as they are really similar. Unfair or not I'd still be interested in any feedback on the GT.

Ghost train has triple camber with flat underfoot DW my favorite ski of all time has camber under foot. I already have a meridian 117 so I'm not interested in a chipotle banana as they are really similar. Unfair or not I'd still be interested in any feedback on the GT.
    Pretty sure the deathwish is flat underfoot with an overall camber. I didn't know the Ghost train lacked the camber, but makes sense given its purpose. The DW is my favorite ski ever as well, but it hooks up too well to be a true pow surfer for me, hence why I am considering something like the CB or C&D to pair with it for those epic days. As much as I love the art on ON3P's, the Chipotle Banana wins the topsheet contest hands down and is confounding the issue for me. First world tgr problems.

First world problems indeed and I agree with you about the Chipotle Banana wins all graphic contests.

About to pull the trigger on some 190 wildcats. Anyone tell me where the recommended mount is in relation to the contact points? I understand it's like minus 6 on the sidecut but what about in relation to the camber rocker profile? Arigato

Thinking about swapping out my 186 Chipolte Bananas for something else. 186s, mounted 1.5x for Warden 13s, current mount at a 307BSL. Before posting in gear swap I figured i'd see if anyone here had some 190 Bibbys or Deathwishes they might want to trade.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Oh I remember your post in the old Moment thread. I'll copy and paste it here:

I took the 108 Commander 188cm to Chile last week with my Blizzard 185cm Cochise. I like the Cochise but I’ve been looking for a 108 all mountain ski that is a go-to in difficult and variable conditions. I like the dampness of the Cochise, and while it’s easy to break the tail free in tighter places when needed, I’d like similar dampness while being able to hold an edge in turns less than 27m. Towards that ideal I tried the J Skis 186cm Metal, ultimately it felt short and did not exhibit good edge hold in firm, icy conditions and the 2018 Black Crows Atris 189cm, which felt brittle and wasn’t near damp enough. First day of 5 on the trip I took the Cochise and Commander out, started on the Cochise until I had my legs back under me, after switching to the Commander, I didn’t take the Cochise back out again, nor did I take out my Blizzard Brahma – even though conditions were pretty firm everywhere and best on groomers, perfect conditions for the Brahma -- I just enjoyed the Commander the whole 5 days.
    I never found the 185cm Cochise a difficult ski but the Commander is a much easier, more intuitive ski. It wants to be ridden from a more centered position, requires much less input to drive the tips and is also really easy to drift and slarve. The tails hold up well and while you don’t want to get in the back seat, it's pretty easy to get back in position if you do. Held an edge on firm and icy groomers and wind scoured packed powder, far better than the Cochise and I felt more comfortable airing bumps and jumping turns on the Commander, which was quicker edge to edge. Bases flat at speed on roughed up run outs, I would say the additional weight of the 185 Cochise, (about .5 lbs. per ski heavier than the 188 Commanders) made the Cochise feel damper. However, stability at speed on the Commander is enhanced by another 3cm and less tip splay than the Cochise so despite a little less dampness, run outs at speed felt more stable on the Commander. When on edge, whether on roughed up groomers, in crud, or airing bumps, the difference in dampness wasn’t noticeable and what feels like a longer effective edge on the Commander gives it much more stability. Most really damp skis don’t offer much in the way of quickness or liveliness. In contrast the Commander has edge to edge quickness, lightness in the air, and a very solid dampness that is still lively enough to offer lots of rebound out of turns.
    For me, the 185 Cochise had pretty clearly beaten out the new ON3P Wrenegade 189 108, J’s Skis The Metal 186, 2018 Black Crows Atris 189, and Volkl 108 189.
    Now, the 188 Commander pretty soundly beat out the Cochise and is clearly the best 108 ski for me. Great ski.

I'd be interested to know more about your thoughts on Wren 108 vs Coomander 108. It sounds like firm snow performance is important for what you were looking for. Is that the primary area the Commander 108 outshines the Wren? Any other insights would be great. I will be looking for a non-pow-day ski, but generally try and avoid super firm days so that's not a huge consideration for me. This ski actually has a lot in common with my Salomon Q-Lab but with a bit more tail taper and rocker. The metal with short radius and slightly progressive mount is fairly similar. A turnier more playful and longer Q-Lab is pretty close to what I'm looking for.
    I am too looking to replace my Q-Lab and keep leaning towards Comander 108 but am gun shy. Reason is I purchased a ON3P woodsman I tried to like them. The woodsman was hard to ski unlike my Q-Labs. The woodsman felt stable and fast It was hard to change direction of turn on the spot felt locked into the turn in pow and soft crud groomers long arching stable turns. I can't put my finger on it Q-labs are a aggressive ski in reviews but they are easy for me to ski. I am nervous the commander might ski like the woodsman. Sold woodsman last week and have money for q-lab replacement.

Can anyone school me on the various Bibby / Wildcat 118 versions?
    I believe the 13/14 and 14/15 editions were slightly wider, more tapered and had a more forward mount(?)

Are all other versions before 13/14 and after 14/15 more or less the same?

The Moment Bibby Pro (184/190) and then Blister Pro are all basically the same. Then the Wildcat is the same shape but lightened up at some point. You are correct on the more tapered powder oriented Bibby years. I think the Blister Pro popped up in the 14/15 season though. The powder ones were 186/192 lengths. And I think the very first one was different too and just offered in 186. So if you're looking at 184/190 skis you have a Bibby Pro.