Page 37 of 237 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Thinking Green

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    BSL on the current mount?

Red.

Just added a new pair of Moments to the family quiver of 11. A pair of 146 Zephyr's for our 10 yo granddaughter that have been on hold waiting for her to grow into them. She just hit 5' weighs 94 lbs and is a full on ripper so the time is right.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zephyr mount.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	929.3 KB 
ID:	298366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zephyr display.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	298367

^this is the stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Anyone have experience with G3 skins and Meridians (non-Tour version)? I’m thinking the G3 tip attachment will work with the slanted tips but hard to find any definitive proof.

Also, am I correct in assuming the standard BD tip loops won’t be big enough for the Meridians (meaning I’d have to get the oversized tip loops separately)?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Anyone have some experience with skins on the standard meridian 107s? Guys at moment have said they've heard of folks trying splitboard skins but wanted to get some first hand experience before snagging a pair.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Anyone have some experience with skins on the standard meridian 107s? Guys at moment have said they've heard of folks trying splitboard skins but wanted to get some first hand experience before snagging a pair.

Thoughts?
    Word is, G3 alpinist skins work fine.

Thoughts?
    Not on meridians, but I replaced some bd tip loops with metal coat hangers, bent to fit my deathwishes. Same setup on my wife's bellas (but sized to fit those skis). Been using them for years - they work great. I see no reason they wouldn't work on meridians - just need to size them to sit below the angled part.

Moment Skis Discussion

Pretty sure the big sky stuff would work just fine
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Word is, G3 alpinist skins work fine.
    Thanks, maybe I’ll give that a go. Not a huge fan of the alpinist skins but it if works it works.

Regarding Deathwishes, they’ve always had symmetrical tips/tails, no? The issue with the Meridians is they’re asymmetrical and clips like the Pomoca/Big Sky style and the typical tail clips don’t seem secure properly.

Thanks, maybe I’ll give that a go. Not a huge fan of the alpinist skins but it if works it works.

Regarding Deathwishes, they’ve always had symmetrical tips/tails, no? The issue with the Meridians is they’re asymmetrical and clips like the Pomoca/Big Sky style and the typical tail clips don’t seem secure properly.
    Yeah. I've seen pictures of the alpinist clips on them. Works just like snowboard skins. Maybe there's a way to mount that fitting on different skins.

As far as I know, the Meridian is the only Moment ski that's had that weird tip.

It's important to remember that the weird meridian tip adds sex appeal and is a great conversion starter.

Thanks all, looks like I’ll be searching for some Alpinist skins.

Regarding conversation starter...so far it’s only drawn the attention of some foreign “local” at a-basin that asked why I didn’t like rounded ski tips who then proceeded to tell me why he hasn’t visited his timeshare in Tahoe because of damn California liberals...thanks Moment....

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    It's important to remember that the weird meridian tip adds sex appeal and is a great conversion starter.
    Conversion to what?

Moment Skis Discussion

Thanks all, looks like I’ll be searching for some Alpinist skins.
    These look cool

https://www.backcountry.com/g3-twin-...YaAoM2EALw_wcB

Best thing about G3 skins

Wasn’t aware of those, thanks. Going to try to toss those on my Glidelites to see if I can make that work first.

Wasn’t aware of those, thanks. Going to try to toss those on my Glidelites to see if I can make that work first.
    I’m going to give them a shot as well—looks like a better solution that bending the tail clip or taking a dremel to the skis and building a notch. For the tips, the oversized BD tip loop should work, I think.

Wifey had me buy her Lange Podium Shoes from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    I’m going to give them a shot as well—looks like a better solution that bending the tail clip or taking a dremel to the skis and building a notch. For the tips, the oversized BD tip loop should work, I think.
    G3 connectors are the best for Meridians.

BD tip loops work great on all models, some need oversized tip loops.

Pomoca connectors work really well on almost all models. Our skis can be found on their websites skin selector. We worked with them to ensure everything fit and was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    G3 connectors are the best for Meridians.

BD tip loops work great on all models, some need oversized tip loops.

Pomoca connectors work really well on almost all models. Our skis can be found on their websites skin selector. We worked with them to ensure everything fit and was correct.
    Thanks for the summary and confirmation Melee.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Wifey had me buy her Lange Podium Shoes from the site
    Our granddaughter who mounts her own skis (see above) is a racer and SHE is begging for a pair of Podium's. Can't justify the cost the way she is growing. She is 10 years old and ski boots are 24.5.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Our granddaughter who mounts her own skis (see above) is a racer and SHE is begging for a pair of Podium's. Can't justify the cost the way she is growing. She is 10 years old and ski boots are 24.5.
    Name:  F7675494-885B-4BB2-80AA-D008F1738E49.jpeg
Views: 1378
Size:  406.9 KB

You should totally pull the trigger on them for her. After 6 wins in Chile, Wifey has a #1 World Masters ranking, that fire got stoked early on at about your granddaughter’s age.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Name:  F7675494-885B-4BB2-80AA-D008F1738E49.jpeg
Views: 1378
Size:  406.9 KB
    Great photo

I have a pair of the original Blister Pro’s in a 184cm that I’m selling for my 65 year old dad. They have a lot of top sheet chipping, but other than that have been skied lightly snd bases are in good shape. I’m going to post on gear swap
    In a few days but figured I would try here first. Thinking $240 plus shipping.

PM me if you want pictures. Tops are dinged up... bases are good. Edges are great. Single mount pivots at 306mm.