Page 191 of 242 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6026
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Regular layup vs tour

I’ve taken the dwt a few times to the resort and had a good time with it. Loved the shape. I felt like it didn’t do well in chop (makes sense for a touring ski) and didn’t have as much pop as I’d like going off little side hits (compared to a jeffery). If I moved to a regular layup deathwish I assume the chop performance would be much better, but how about poppyness? Is the more substantial layup going to give more “pop”?

For people who have been on the wildcat108 or reckoner112, do either of these skis have more “pop”? I assume the wc108 would be similar to the deathwish since it’s the same layup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the Jeff 110, DW 104. I've skied a WC108 and Reckoner 112...I think it depends on where you're skiing and your style. I think they all have a lot of pop, but the Jeff is far superior in NW chop, followed by WC108 and then DW104 / Reckoner 112 (IMO). But the pop is also different. Bamboo just has a different feel. The Moments are stiffer overall so the pop is more snappy than the Jeff but not as "smooth" maybe? There sweet spot is not as big. The Reckoner 112 has a lot of pop but I find it pingy.

IMO the construction, weight, and shape of a ski will all impact chop performance. The deathwish (my favorite ski of all time) in full fat is a great chop ski depending on how you approach it. If you want to turn, slash, and get airborne in the chop. It's one of the best. If you want to strait line or carve gs turns not something much. For that a wrenagade,
    or commander would be better. I think too often we don't consider the skier as it relates to performance in a particular condition.

As for pop. I'd say it depends. Construction and shape probably have more impact that weight. To me I think a bamboo ski is easier to butter and pop. On a my deathwish I'll generally get more air off of a bump due to the stiffness of the core vs a Jeff. Both are great. For me I've had one season on a Jeff and sold it. There is a garage full of moment.

Anyone with time on the Countach this year care to A/B it with the MF108? Beyond just the numbers...

20% the whole site for Father's Day . That makes the Commander 108 blems one of the best deals in skiing right now. If only they had the Countach in stock...

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    20% the whole site for Father's Day . That makes the Commander 108 blems one of the best deals in skiing right now. If only they had the Countach in stock...
    Just snagged the DW104 blem. Happy Father’s Day to me. I really need to cut myself off from the internet.

:::::@:::::

Moment Skis Discussion

Anyone put cast free tours on their regular DW?

Would be my mid winter DD and BC sled ski.

Currently have 20/21 DW with Pivot 15

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post

Yeah I have this setup. Super versatile.

My wallet thanks you lol. I had those in my cart but was too slow. Snagged some Hot Messes for the lady instead.
    Last edited by K1mJ0ngTr1ll; 06-16-2023 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Same setup here...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Same. THIS IS THIS WAY.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Anyone with time on the Countach this year care to A/B it with the MF108? Beyond just the numbers...
    If you're patient, I can write something up after a couple of weeks. Yesterday, I bought a used 192cm M-Free 108. So, first I gotta waste some days testing the M-Free previous owner's -1.5cm mount (at Mammoth), and then I gotta remount it forward to do some more valid testing.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

^^^nice. Thanks!

That’s a lotta tip on the 192 at -1.5.

Incredible deals right now on SkiBurger wow. Commander Tour and WCT blems for $399? If I wasn't waiting for the DWT104 I'd have some new fat touring skis coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    If you're patient, I can write something up after a couple of weeks. Yesterday, I bought a used 192cm M-Free 108. So, first I gotta waste some days testing the M-Free previous owner's -1.5cm mount (at Mammoth), and then I gotta remount it forward to do some more valid testing.

Eager to hear this one. Love the MFree and have a new pair in my garage. The Countach is really interesting to me after also really enjoying the C108 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Incredible deals right now on SkiBurger wow. Commander Tour and WCT blems for $399? If I wasn't waiting for the DWT104 I'd have some new fat touring skis coming.
    X2 on this, everything on hold to see if that ski materializes in August.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://www.geartrade.com/item/89431...-184-excellent

gonna drop these here, theres also a really good condition set of commander tours for 400 on geartrade right now. Pretty sweet cleanout deals this year

Add me to the GT want list…been waiting patiently since missing the last round

Sounds like you may want to get the credit card ready...... I dont think it will be 8/1 but it will appear this year.

I’m a sucker for sweet rock skis. Perusing the Fakebook Marketplace I found some sweet 184 Bibby’s. $50, fuck it I’ll pick those up…I show up and they’re a pair of 13 vintage (I think…), that were my old touring sticks that I always regretted selling!! I was so happy to see them again! Bases still in great shape, just an extra set of holes in em’. It took a while, but they came home!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1688092209.902879.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	463576

Email from Moment this morning said they will be discontinuing five skis this year... curious to see what takes their place. Assuming 3 of 5 are the Commanders (98, 108, and the Tour)...

Went for a little walk in the woods around the Mammoth lakes basin this weekend on my non-tour Wildcat 108’s and realized the BD skins really didn’t like staying put on the squared off Moment tips.

Anyone have experience with a skin tip connector that works well with non-tour Moment tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    Went for a little walk in the woods around the Mammoth lakes basin this weekend on my non-tour Wildcat 108’s and realized the BD skins really didn’t like staying put on the squared off Moment tips.

Anyone have experience with a skin tip connector that works well with non-tour Moment tips?
    No experience with the 108s, but the G3 pivoting arms have worked well with every variety of tip I've seen them on.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyadolescent View Post
    No experience with the 108s, but the G3 pivoting arms have worked well with every variety of tip I've seen them on.
    G3 on several pairs of non-tour DWs have worked fine for me. BTW, I tried the G3 twin-tip tail clips and they didn't work on the same skis (I feel like I gave them away here, but I tend to drink and post).

https://www.momentskis.com/blogs/new...ch_2324_8_1_23

This is really what I needed today!

So stoked for 8/1

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I’m a sucker for sweet rock skis. Perusing the Fakebook Marketplace I found some sweet 184 Bibby’s. $50, fuck it I’ll pick those up…I show up and they’re a pair of 13 vintage (I think…), that were my old touring sticks that I always regretted selling!! I was so happy to see them again! Bases still in great shape, just an extra set of holes in em’. It took a while, but they came home!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1688092209.902879.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	463576

That's awesome. Still one of my favorites and mine still get plenty of use each year.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    https://www.momentskis.com/blogs/new...ch_2324_8_1_23

This is really what I needed today!

So stoked for 8/1
    I am also excited (and 45 posts away from 1k so I'm padding my numbers)!