Page 190 of 241 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6018

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    104 is way more fun in bumps. It's also more fun in chalk during midwinter.

If you're all in on the DW, i think a lot of folks are well suited to a DW112 in Size X and a DW104 in size x-1.

Personally I'd like a 9X w/ a slightly lesser twin as the skinny DW. But for a lot of folks the 104 is a great OSQ so see why Moment went that way.
    I specifically sold my DW112/C98’s this past spring to raise much needed cash……but am going all in on a DW104 as my EC tree ski/spring bump slush buster ski next season…lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I have hundreds of days on the DW 112. I bought the 104 specifically for springtime fun. The 104 slays on the spring bumps. I ski a 190 in both sizes. My old man sized down to 179 to 174 on his 104 and raves about how much easier they are on the bumps as have many on this thread.
    Think that settles it then. Hmmm this year's sheet or next years...

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I specifically sold my DW112/C98’s this past spring to raise much needed cash……but am going all in on a DW104 as my EC tree ski/spring bump slush buster ski next season…lol.
    Let me know if you wanna do blood them like the C98s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

I have hundreds of days on the DW 112. I bought the 104 specifically for springtime fun. The 104 slays on the spring bumps. I ski a 190 in both sizes. My old man sized down to 179 to 174 on his 104 and raves about how much easier they are on the bumps as have many on this thread.
    This is me also except I -1 sized down my 104s to 184s and I have been having a blast on them this spring.

buy touring skis + voyagers and get skins free ��

of course i bought dwts and skins last month without bindings cuz they didnt have the brakes i wanted. they just gotta rub salt in the wound lol

Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    Let me know if you wanna do blood them like the C98s!

Lol…yep…u got dibs…

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    104 is way more fun in bumps. It's also more fun in chalk during midwinter.

If you're all in on the DW, i think a lot of folks are well suited to a DW112 in Size X and a DW104 in size x-1.

Personally I'd like a 9X w/ a slightly lesser twin as the skinny DW. But for a lot of folks the 104 is a great OSQ so see why Moment went that way.
    What is the consensus on how far forward of the line you can go on the dw104? I love the frankenski in the park and when it’s mellow, but it always reminds me it has a speed limit (it is way higher than a soft tip and tail park ski should be - thanks dirty mustache) when it’s time to rip. Is -2 or -3 from center reasonable?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    What is the consensus on how far forward of the line you can go on the dw104? I love the frankenski in the park and when it’s mellow, but it always reminds me it has a speed limit (it is way higher than a soft tip and tail park ski should be - thanks dirty mustache) when it’s time to rip. Is -2 or -3 from center reasonable?
    I've got demos on mine which effectively give me +/- 2.5. +2 (which I think is -3) was starting to feel a bit...odd. Overly engaging/reactive with a bit too much bite on the tail. After futzing with everything between +1 and -1, to me the mount point from the factory was best.

I don't think triple camber works well with mounts far off the recommended.

I have mine on the front triangle plus 2 from factory and love it there. That's where I mount all Moment Deathwish and Wildcat variants.

Seems like a +1.69 scenario

From someone never enrolled in the Moment cult, can someone describe to me what was so great about the M1s and Garbones?

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    From someone never enrolled in the Moment cult, can someone describe to me what was so great about the M1s and Garbones?

I believe they were the stiffest skis core bros could buy that had indie cred and top sheets

I believe they were the stiffest skis core bros could buy that had indie cred and top sheets
    Accurate and well put.

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Anyone run wildcat 101, dw112, and like a…ghost train? As an inbounds quiver?

Anyone run wildcat 101, dw112, and like a…ghost train? As an inbounds quiver?
    Swap the 101 with a 104. I have a dw112 and a ghost train from a few seasons ago when it hit the reserve menu.

Swap the 101 with a 104. I have a dw112 and a ghost train from a few seasons ago when it hit the reserve menu.
    Is that GT a cold dead hands ski or is there a chance it hits gearswap?

Is that GT a cold dead hands ski or is there a chance it hits gearswap?
    Right now it's firmly in the cold dead hands catagory.

Right now it's firmly in the cold dead hands catagory.
    I want one so bad... Would love a Merdian/DW/GT quiver for the Wasatch.

Add me to the GT want list…been waiting patiently since missing the last round

You guys got me looking around...
    Not my sale and too short for me.
    https://www.geartrade.com/item/44863...-186-excellent

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Because I'm a nerd it would be interesting to learn the economics of the reserve menu. I know that I bugged Melee for a long time about bringing back the ghost train and they did. The chants made an appearance this year and the bananas have made a few appearances I think. I think it's awesome moment is willing to do this. I would imagine 95 percent of skiers in 2023 wouldn't consider purchasing a true pow ski. Of the remaining population the Wildcat would be a better choice for most if they are a moment fan. So to make a few for a few dozen nerds who claim to need one of these throwback pow beasts is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    You guys got me looking around...
    Not my sale and too short for me.
    https://www.geartrade.com/item/44863...-186-excellent

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Yup. I need that ever elusive 194. I told Fasa I’d buy two if they dropped em again.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Also, some extra cred because Craig Garbiel was winning comps on them.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Also, some extra cred because Craig Garbiel was winning comps on them.

Cheers for replying.

Regular layup vs tour

I’ve taken the dwt a few times to the resort and had a good time with it. Loved the shape. I felt like it didn’t do well in chop (makes sense for a touring ski) and didn’t have as much pop as I’d like going off little side hits (compared to a jeffery). If I moved to a regular layup deathwish I assume the chop performance would be much better, but how about poppyness? Is the more substantial layup going to give more “pop”?

For people who have been on the wildcat108 or reckoner112, do either of these skis have more “pop”? I assume the wc108 would be similar to the deathwish since it’s the same layup