Page 180 of 241 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6023
    Any larger/stronger skiers on a 190 dw104? Mounted on the line, wanted them as my daily driver, but just can’t seem to jive with them like I can jive with my wildcats, thinking it’s the camber profile? Taking out my kastle fx95’s tomorrow to see if i just prefer more of a traditional mount point/ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    +/-. I think the front camber necessarily means less splay which does impact how well they plane. That behind said I've been caught off guard on a deeper than expected day and I think I'd be happy skiing then in anything approaching 6 inches or so. As a quiver of 1 I'd go 112 if possible
    Any thoughts on bad habits the dw104 might have in the deeper stuff? say on a 1 ski western trip, where a surprise 2 ft day appears or an unexpected cat day?

the dw104 has become the ski I'm grabbing most days on the ec, save for ice rink days. Have only had them in about 5-6" once and they seem well behaved enough to seriously contemplate not lugging powder specific skis just in case.

And for Phall, I'm 6'1 and 225 in the mornings, would generally say I'm a traditional mount/ski fan, but for powderboards, and I've found them really intuitive piddling around in the trees, making slalomn turns or big gs. At the slower speeds they do like a more straight up body position, but gs'ing them they've been fine with driving the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Any larger/stronger skiers on a 190 dw104? Mounted on the line, wanted them as my daily driver, but just can’t seem to jive with them like I can jive with my wildcats, thinking it’s the camber profile? Taking out my kastle fx95’s tomorrow to see if i just prefer more of a traditional mount point/ski.

6'2/210. That's the conclusion I'd come to as well but then tons of people get along great with the 112 with the same profile. Maybe just less ski? They definitely have strengths and weaknesses, for spring corn and soft bumps they're fantastic.

Thanks, feast or famine in utah right now, pow days for the kitties or chalk/hard bumps/scratchy/sun affected pow where the dw isnt really working for me.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

6'4/210, DD the 190 DW104 - I get along with it really well, but I've found I like the more centered stance, and it did take some time to really trust the triple camber.

As far as powder performance goes, it's got decent float, but you'll def start floundering a bit once it gets to, idk 8 inches or more of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by frjnke View Post
    Anyone mount the frankenskis at -5? Is it a mini, softer DW? Looking for something to noodle around, low speed crusing, jibbin', groomer fun skiing with the kids, and I think DW104/WC101/C98 wouldn't be much fun at those speeds. I've got the DW112 and WC118, but trying to find something smaller

Haven't found many reviews on the franks.
    I don’t know much about the franks tbh but it sounds like a line blade or black crows mirus cor would be exactly what you’re looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Whats the float like on the dw104? DW112 seems to float above its waist width, same true for the 104?
    I wouldn't say the 190cm 112 "floats" better than its waist width would suggest. Seems to float about as it should for a ski that wide. It is definitely looser/surfier than its hard snow performance, length and stiffness suggest. But TBH it is far from my favorite ski in deep snow. It is much more in its element in <8" of snow when you can feel the bottom. The tail has too much float leading to an over the bars feeling in deep untracked. This is definitely a first world Utah problem. When I lived in Crested Butte and the deepest days were only ever about a foot, The DW was good enough and the hard snow performance when it was 3" of dust on crust (a very typical CB day), was worth the tradeoff in the deep.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    ...... It is much more in its element in <8" of snow when you can feel the bottom. The tail has too much float leading to an over the bars feeling in deep untracked. ......
    Thanks, thats something to consider.
    Just given the name was that alpine or tele?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Thanks, thats something to consider.
    Just given the name was that alpine or tele?
    I always tele, so take my reviews for what they are: the ravings of a lunatic.

Seriously though I think it is a bit easier to stay centered/back when alpine skiing and not over pressure the tips, so it may be less of an issue. I also think leaning back sucks and the whole point of a powder ski is to not have to worry about that so I size up or pick a different shape if I am going to be skiing lots of untracked.

Moment Skis Discussion

Dat fresh new look…

Is there gonna be a flatter-tailed, no-camber Wild Commander Tour 110 next year or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Just picked up some Commander 108s. I'm a reasonably directional skier most recently on MFree 108 that's always been Commander curious. Love the MFree, QLab and LP105. Mount on the line? Need to detune tips/tails? It's my first Moment ski so I'm pretty stoked.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I always tele, so take my reviews for what they are: the ravings of a lunatic.
    Where did you mount your boards?

I’m remounting my bibby’s to ntn. They were at boot center at 1cm behind the line with my 75mm bindings. I’ve been really happy with my bibby’s. I don’t think I’m gonna change their mount location, but…
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 02-14-2023 at 03:01 AM.

came here to see reviews or sneak peeks on new ski that is out and available at blister party, but none yet... how so?

They said it's a mix of Wildcat and commander, I'm not really in the commander camp so I didn't demo them, but maybe I'll run out of skis to fawn over and go check em out later this week once a little more snow falls

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    They said it's a mix of Wildcat and commander, I'm not really in the commander camp so I didn't demo them, but maybe I'll run out of skis to fawn over and go check em out later this week once a little more snow falls
    So like a narrower Jag Shark that sounds intriguing

That's the new ski...the head honcho told me its a tad more directional than Deathwish but not as directional as the Commander.

That's all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    That's the new ski...the head honcho told me its a tad more directional than Deathwish but not as directional as the Commander.

That's all I have.
    It will be interesting to hear more. Sounds like a woodsman type approach. I'm on my 4th pair of 190 Deathwish and am not a match of the more progressive mount of the commander. I deathwish like ski with metal could be interesting. I wonder if it's triple camber or mustache.

Oh yes please! Sounds like my dream come true!

My DW104s got fucked pulling sleds this past weekend....spring promo release please?!

I'd love to see and end of season pre-sale...

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Just picked up some Commander 108s. I'm a reasonably directional skier most recently on MFree 108 that's always been Commander curious. Love the MFree, QLab and LP105. Mount on the line? Need to detune tips/tails? It's my first Moment ski so I'm pretty stoked.
    Hey bud. I was on the line on 188s (6’2/195), and happy. If I went 194s mighta bumped forward. Have read folks happy as far forward as plus 2 depending on what you’re after. I generally don’t detune but sure it couldn’t hurt if the first laps aren’t to your liking. Enjoy man, rad skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Hey bud. I was on the line on 188s (6’2/195), and happy. If I went 194s mighta bumped forward. Have read folks happy as far forward as plus 2 depending on what you’re after. I generally don’t detune but sure it couldn’t hurt if the first laps aren’t to your liking. Enjoy man, rad skis.
    Thanks! I appreciate your feedback as we usually like similar skis though you are a stronger skier than me. Excited to get on these soon. They are last years version and putting Forza 3.0 pivots on them.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post

That's all I have.
    Now that sounds fun

The one guy I skied with who was demoing it said it rocked him, but we were skiing no new snow, moguly steeps so I don't imagine that's where it shines. tomorrow planning to get on the wildcat, maybe will try commander too then try the new contach(sp?) and see how it all feels with all the fresh snow CB is getting

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    The one guy I skied with who was demoing it said it rocked him, but we were skiing no new snow, moguly steeps so I don't imagine that's where it shines. tomorrow planning to get on the wildcat, maybe will try commander too then try the new contach(sp?) and see how it all feels with all the fresh snow CB is getting
    Can you snap some camber pics if you have the chance?