Page 171 of 241 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 6016
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    I have a pair for sale if there is anyone looking. Here are the details
    Did the hotmess sell?

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    Did the hotmess sell?
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I still have dreams about my og Comis with the tanks and sickles on the topsheet. I think I was a better skier back then or something. 2005ish?

I obviously haven't been paying attention. Ghost Chants? These impossible to get? Super rocker kind of reminds me of the 2007ish Surface Live Lifes I had. Those were fucking fun.

Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ordered the new Meridian and am wanting to get my lady into a Moment ski. How did yours like the hotmess?

I ordered the new Meridian and am wanting to get my lady into a Moment ski. How did yours like the hotmess?
    Sierra that is all...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

She wanted something different - She is intermediate and she wanted something with a more traditional tail (felt like it released early/chattery). She has been skiing Head Kores for a 2 seasons. That being said, she has a pair of Bella's for fresh days and really likes those. I would like to get her to try a pair of Sierras at some point - had a pair for her, but the previous tele mount made it not possible to mount for pivots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Oh boy skied my new last-year model Wildcat 108s for the first time today in 10" over solid. They were great in the fresh and even better when things got chopped up. Kinda has me wondering if my Wildcat 116s are now redundant. Guess I'll have those for the deepest of days, but 108 is pretty perfect for the resort powder day where things get chopped up pretty quickly.
    ???

The 108 definitely has a lower speed limit in chop than the fat cat or deathwish. They’re fun and super maneuverable, but the 108 is far from ‘pretty perfect” for resort chop

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    ???

The 108 definitely has a lower speed limit in chop than the fat cat or deathwish. They’re fun and super maneuverable, but the 108 is far from ‘pretty perfect” for resort chop

I agree, the DW or Bibby is more fun to bang the chop. The 108 is a little light to ski fast in variable and gets banged around a bit. That said, it is far quicker e2e and if you're really skilled and light on your feet it floats fine, as always, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    ???

You're talking Sierra chop, Wube is talking Utah "chop." Different beasts. They can get away with narrower skis there.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    You're talking Sierra chop, Wube is talking Utah "chop." Different beasts. They can get away with narrower skis there.
    LOL, damn lighter snow! How're my old WC108s doing?

She wanted something different - She is intermediate and she wanted something with a more traditional tail (felt like it released early/chattery). She has been skiing Head Kores for a 2 seasons. That being said, she has a pair of Bella's for fresh days and really likes those. I would like to get her to try a pair of Sierras at some point - had a pair for her, but the previous tele mount made it not possible to mount for pivots.
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Sierra that is all...

EXACTLY where my head is at. I need to see if the local rep has demos here in SLC.

EXACTLY where my head is at. I need to see if the local rep has demos here in SLC.
    Do you have Kaelin's contact info (SLC area rep)? I demoed some stuff from him while I was out in SLC. He had a good program running to get on some skis.
    kaelin@momentskis.com

LOL, damn lighter snow! How're my old WC108s doing?

They were great! But, in a large quiver, I found I wanted to be on something wider in soft snow (I'm on Rustler 11s now) and something narrower in hard snow (Commander 98s and PBJs). They are unmounted now, but will be skiing Kirkwood going forward with my buddy GFunk piloting them.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    They were great! But, in a large quiver, I found I wanted to be on something wider in soft snow (I'm on Rustler 11s now) and something narrower in hard snow (Commander 98s and PBJs). They are unmounted now, but will be skiing Kirkwood going forward with my buddy GFunk piloting them.
    Glad to hear they'll be put to good use! I'm on C98s and DWs (and Billy Goats, shhh, don't tell Melee) for the same reason.

Never been on moment skis, but wondering why the DW ends up being better in chop than the WC108? Isn't the WC108 a denser ski than the DW? The 2 skis are the same weight, but the former is narrower. Guessing it's down to shape...

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Never been on moment skis, but wondering why the DW ends up being better in chop than the WC108? Isn't the WC108 a denser ski than the DW? The 2 skis are the same weight, but the former is narrower. Guessing it's down to shape...
    I think the difference is super minimal and probably more down to imagination and ski style. I've spent reasonable amounts of time on both the WC108 and 150+ days on the DW. I personally like the WC108 more in chop/3D -- more tip taper. DW however is more fun on 2D snow (chalk, groomers).

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I think the difference is super minimal and probably more down to imagination and ski style. I've spent reasonable amounts of time on both the WC108 and 150+ days on the DW. I personally like the WC108 more in chop/3D -- more tip taper. DW however is more fun on 2D snow (chalk, groomers).
    X2 on what doebedoe said. I have both and prefer 108 in chop and DW when it’s wicked firm cause it hooks up and feels like it’s on rails if you want or, slarve depending on how flat you keep the ski mid turn. It’s splitting hairs though, I have a hard time choosing which one to ski most days. First world shit, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I personally like the WC108 more in chop/3D -- more tip taper. DW however is more fun on 2D snow (chalk, groomers).
    That's been my experience so far too. Same quiver. I feel like the microcamber up front doesn't react as predictably in chop, especially as it firms up, and tips requires just a little more babysitting. WC didn't have that issue, but doesn't rail quite as hard

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    X2 on what doebedoe said. I have both and prefer 108 in chop and DW when it’s wicked firm cause it hooks up and feels like it’s on rails if you want or, slarve depending on how flat you keep the ski mid turn. It’s splitting hairs though, I have a hard time choosing which one to ski most days. First world shit, for sure!

Yeah, I think maybe I have personal bias. Tough choices we have...

Glad to hear they'll be put to good use! I'm on C98s and DWs (and Billy Goats, shhh, don't tell Melee) for the same reason.

How you getting on with the C98s? Been on a DW for 4 years and looking for something narrower for the dry spells. Do you find the C98 more demanding when going between the two with the more traditional mount point and heavier layup?

Preference it must be. I don’t like taper in chop. I’m also bad at skiing soooo

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    How you getting on with the C98s? Been on a DW for 4 years and looking for something narrower for the dry spells. Do you find the C98 more demanding when going between the two with the more traditional mount point and heavier layup?
    Can't compare the two but the C98 is my daily driver at Mammoth during dry spells and I absolutely love it. Powerful, playful, makes me feel like I ski better than I know how to.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Compared to a DW, PBJ, Wildcat 108/fat cat, the C98 rewards a more forward, driving stance. It definitely feels less razor-y (I'd use different adjectives, as I don't love the DW triple-camber, but everyone's different). Definitely less surfy than DW, but that's the width and upturned DW tail too.

Turn radius feels more smooth and powerful.

Requires a bit more precision, and definitely less playful v. a PBJ. Landings are a bit firmer too - more power, less poppy ease.

I love both the PBJ and the C98.

If you want more of a flat-tailed charger, go C98. If you want the DW triple-camber magic (that others love), I'd say go DW104. I haven't been on the W101, but I would imagine it's like the PBJ and is the most playful, jumpy, and park-oriented of the bunch. But it still absolutely rails turns as it is nice and stiff underfoot.

Turns out I like these skis. Now, if only there was a Commander Tour 94...then I could stop messing around with Moment's competitors. Cmon Moment, make me an honest woman!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post

Surprised I got some flack for my comment about chop, but skied some more chop today on the WC108s and confirmed they're amazing. I have a pretty bouncy playful-charging style where I really like smearing through bumps at speed, doubling a few, then pointing it and railing a few gs turns in the runout, and the WC108 seems to suit my skiing spot on. The tails do feel a bit hooky on icier stuff and I'm wondering if I need to detune them a bit more. But overall I'm really loving them. Granted I have never skied the DW... I am pretty curious about the meridian but they're all sold out...

Moment 187 Meridians for sale on Facebook here in MN if anyone interested. From FB post: “Moment meridian 187s with marker griffons mounted for a 27.5 boot with 316 BSL (boot sole length) on the line. Original owner so they have only been mounted once. Skied these for one season and they are in very good condition. Has never had any base repairs. “. $550
    "Not all who wander are lost"