Page 150 of 242 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 6026
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Anyone want some 22 190cm deathwishes? Skied 3 days, one mount for pivots at rec for 293mm. In pretty prestine shape
    The OG V3?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Anyone want some 22 190cm deathwishes? Skied 3 days, one mount for pivots at rec for 293mm. In pretty prestine shape
    Hmmmm.... that could work for my BSL.

Commander108 taking the win in ski women on the FreerideWorldTour - hell yeah Lily!

Killer run, in control, poppy - very nice!

With our less than stellar snowpack I’m thinking some ski crampons wouldn’t be a bad addition to my DWT kit.

Anyone have a brand / sizing recommendation for some DWT’s and Voyagers? Guessing a 120 mm dynafit works, but it seems pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    With our less than stellar snowpack I’m thinking some ski crampons wouldn’t be a bad addition to my DWT kit.

Anyone have a brand / sizing recommendation for some DWT’s and Voyagers? Guessing a 120 mm dynafit works, but it seems pretty big.
    A pita ime, I think the only thing that works are dynafit 120 and kreutzspite adjustables.

I use 120mm ATKs, but yea that width becomes a pain in spring skinning conditions. Pleasant deathwish corn harvest today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4450.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	588.8 KB 
ID:	405777

B&D makes 115mm Dynafit style crampons that would likely work.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Will pay you cash dollars or would be willing to trade you for my 190 Deathwish Tour. (I'll probably be selling the DWT and getting the Commander Tour).
    Would happily buy the DWT from you

Anybody got a 188 C98 from 2020-21 that you wanna sell me?? Por favor.

Wolves and ravens topsheet: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...r-98-2020-2021

Will pay you cash dollars or would be willing to trade you for my 190 Deathwish Tour.
    Bumping this: minty 190 DWT now for sale. Looking (ideally) to trade for a Commander 98. Mounted once for Voyager at rec line for 322 BSL.

Holler if you're interested.
    sproing!

Holler if you're interested.
    Can't PM cause I don't have the 6 posts yet, but i'm definitely interested. Can you PM me?

Moment Skis Discussion

Finally took a pic of the Moment quiver…
    -C98 (188)
    -Deathwish (190)

Name:	Image1645580706.058494.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	407086

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Finally took a pic of the Moment quiver…
    -C98 (188)
    -Deathwish (190)

Name:	Image1645580706.058494.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	407086

how do you like this as a two ski quiver? I’ve been debating the C98 and the DW104 to pair with my DW.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    how do you like this as a two ski quiver? I’ve been debating the C98 and the DW104 to pair with my DW.

I've thought about this quiver as well, for me it'll come down to how similar I want the two skis to feel and ski. Do I want the same feel and style in a narrower package or do I want my one to be markedly different from the other making for a different ski experience depending on what I take.

I haven't been able to answer that yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    I've thought about this quiver as well, for me it'll come down to how similar I want the two skis to feel and ski. Do I want the same feel and style in a narrower package or do I want my one to be markedly different from the other making for a different ski experience depending on what I take.

I haven't been able to answer that yet
    I've experimented with this over the past few years (both with Moments and various other skis). I find I can adapt fairly quickly to skis that favor different approaches to skiing, but I struggle a bit if the skis really require a completely different body position to ski them. Like, going from a ski that likes a very upright stance and has a -4 mount to a very traditional ski that wants to be driven through the tips and has a -12 mount feels weird. It takes me a few runs to adjust. But I've found that Deathwishes work fairly well as a middle ground, because they accommodate either skiing style pretty well (I'm talking the regular DW here - I haven't been on the DW104). I also find that there are a bunch of skis with a -7 or -8 mount point that work pretty well as one end of the spectrum (meaning switching between a forward mounted ski and a -8 is easy, as is switching between a -8 and a -12).

Given that the Commander doesn't have a super traditional rearward mount point, and given that the DW can be skied upright or driven through the tips, I bet that combo would work out fairly well.

Super curious to see a rocker shot of that C98

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Super curious to see a rocker shot of that C98
    Sorry…I saw ur pm…I couldn’t post a pic in messages. Tonight I’ll post one here so u can see….

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    Unfortunately, I don’t know yet….lol.

I love the C98 and it is the one I seem to grab the most of all my other skis….(especially this year). The Deathwish, I have not skied yet…(because it doesn’t snow anymore.../cancelled my big trips this winter cuz of ongoing leg injury complications)

I am bringing both to Stowe this weekend to compare directly…..hoping enough snow falls to cover up the nasty coral reef/get in woods and warrant using the DW in some actual snow. I really want to see how they perform compared to the C98.

I hopefully will be able to answer your question better this weekend.🤞🏼
    Last edited by BC.; 02-23-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Von…..here’s your C98 rocker profile shot….

Name:	Image1645655097.925964.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	407165

From what I've heard it seem like the DW104 is slightly more directional than the 112. I would probably mount the commander +2 from rec. I'm currently leaning DW 104 to pair with my DW and protest.

Thank you kind sir!

Here's my take on the C98 and DW112 quiver: I've had 3 Pairs of DW. All in the 190 length. I had a pair a C98 in 188 length that I luckily put demo bindings on. I found that they were okay at the recommended line for me (prefer a more progressive mount with an upright stance vs out on the tips). At plus 2 they came alive for me. That being said I sold them after one season and didn't buy another. I found there were more situations where I was on the C98 that I wished on was on the DW and not many the other way around. I really have clicked with all of the moment freestyle line and I think a DW104 is in my future. I hope the is enough difference to justify the 104 and 112 in a quiver for the Wasatch if snow eventually returns. I have some Ghost Trains that were on the reserve menu 2 years ago and they are by far my favorite big day ski of all time. I think that means that I will like the DW104 more than the commander 98.

In summary, I didn't have a hard time switching between the two and each one of those skis rewards a slightly different style. I'm sure I could have kept the C98s and would have been happy, and I like shiny objects and losing money on Gear Swap.

I ski the DW, DWT and Wildcat in a 190cm length. I love all of them.

Recent high pressure and an upcoming trip to ski Euro groomers with my dad has me contemplating a DW 104 for a low tide ski.

I have never wished for any of my Moments to be shorter, but I'm wondering if there is a consideration for going with a 184 DW 104 vs a 190 given the idea of using them for low tide?

I'm 5'11', 200 lbs.

Shorter means more maneuverability and less float, but how much stability is given up by going shorter? And are the 184s less stiff than the 190s?

Am I going to overpower the 184s given my weight?

Thanks!

Edit- I see Brundo asked the same question two pages back. Consensus was to go 190. Anyone have a counter opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I ski the DW, DWT and Wildcat in a 190cm length. I love all of them.

Recent high pressure and an upcoming trip to ski Euro groomers with my dad has me contemplating a DW 104 for a low tide ski.

I have never wished for any of my Moments to be shorter, but I'm wondering if there is a consideration for going with a 184 DW 104 vs a 190 given the idea of using them for low tide?

I'm 5'11', 200 lbs.

Shorter means more maneuverability and less float, but how much stability is given up by going shorter? And are the 184s less stiff than the 190s?

Am I going to overpower the 184s given my weight?

Thanks!

Edit- I see Brundo asked the same question two pages back. Consensus was to go 190. Anyone have a counter opinion?
    If low tide includes any park laps, go 184. If not, go 190
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Here's my take on the C98 and DW112 quiver: I've had 3 Pairs of DW. All in the 190 length. I had a pair a C98 in 188 length that I luckily put demo bindings on. I found that they were okay at the recommended line for me (prefer a more progressive mount with an upright stance vs out on the tips). At plus 2 they came alive for me. That being said I sold them after one season and didn't buy another. I found there were more situations where I was on the C98 that I wished on was on the DW and not many the other way around. I really have clicked with all of the moment freestyle line and I think a DW104 is in my future. I hope the is enough difference to justify the 104 and 112 in a quiver for the Wasatch if snow eventually returns. I have some Ghost Trains that were on the reserve menu 2 years ago and they are by far my favorite big day ski of all time. I think that means that I will like the DW104 more than the commander 98.

In summary, I didn't have a hard time switching between the two and each one of those skis rewards a slightly different style. I'm sure I could have kept the C98s and would have been happy, and I like shiny objects and losing money on Gear Swap.
    Can you expand on the key differences between C98 vs. DW and what made you gravitate towards the DW? I'm taking a hard look at either the DW 104 or the C98 for next season's low tide ski (WC118 is my pow ski).

When there is no snow I love to rip groomers, bash moguls and tight trees, and attack some steep/technical terrain. The WC/DW shape (lots of rocker, progressive mount) lends to a really fun ski in all those scenarios but I do find that while they hold an edge well on firm snow, they are not very exciting carvers unless you have tons of speed all the time and can bend the hell out of them. For reference my current low tide ski is the Fischer Ranger 102 FR mounted +2. I love that ski so much but it's getting pretty beat up after a few seasons and given the new 2023 version is a downgrade (less weight, softer tips and tails) I won't be going there.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post

It sounds like the 104 has enough subtle differences for me to want to buy and use on days when there is no snow... which is everyday now it seems.

Very jealous of your GTs. If they are the 194 let me know if you ever want to part with them