Page 149 of 242 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 6026
    Anybody got a 188 C98 from 2020-21 that you wanna sell me?? Por favor.

Wolves and ravens topsheet: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...r-98-2020-2021

Will pay you cash dollars or would be willing to trade you for my 190 Deathwish Tour. (I'll probably be selling the DWT and getting the Commander Tour).
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Anybody got a 188 C98 from 2020-21 that you wanna sell me?? Por favor.

Wolves and ravens topsheet: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...r-98-2020-2021

Will pay you cash dollars or would be willing to trade you for my 190 Deathwish Tour. (I'll probably be selling the DWT and getting the Commander Tour).
    Seconded! Super curious about the new C98 and would love to hear more people's experience on it compared to other ~100mm-wide metal laminate skis.

Been thinking about it as a low-tide ski for the Wasatch (where it hasn't snowed in a month) - to be used 80% off-trail

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Brundo,

I am 6’4” and 210 and am finally clicking with the 190 DW 104 and no Fing way would I want to go shorter…. It is fast edge to edge and holds an edge like a mother… I think it is a breeze to ski and bumps are no issue…. Have not had them in trees but would have no worries as I think the DW skis short with the mount point and major kicked up tail…. Shit I wish it came in a 193…. No way would I want to go 184…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Same size and hard agree. Loving the 190s. Took my bc120s out on a sneaky powder night, but it quickly got chewed up and I was very happy I had the DW104's as backup. Switched to those and had no problem the rest of the night in open chopped fields, bumps, groomers, and they handled quite nicely in the untouched trees until I started getting tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    I just mounted the bindings on my Deathwish and found that the base were concave on both skis. Not my pic but it’s basically like this. How much is too much? What would you recommend? Stone grind? Check with Moment folks if I should stop by Reno?
    Quadruple camber!!!!!!!!

I’ve got a basically mint pair (one day - too much overlap for me with DW) of 20/21 WCT 190 with Shift 13s on the line at 312BSL, un-cut Pomoca Climb Pro S Glide skins and ski crampons for the Shift I’m going to be off-loading if anyones interested PM me. Thinking 1k for the whole setup is fair - just posted to GearSwap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	188A9A91-0251-4FFB-8D71-896A01789031.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	751.3 KB 
ID:	404669
    Last edited by Scat41; 02-06-2022 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Adding a picture

Moment Skis Discussion

Ssssoooo I have officially fallen in love with my DW 104s…! Yesterday was soft chop and soft groomers and gawd dam these skis just rail and can make big GS turns or can pop off quick snappy turns…. I was carrying some pretty good speed and realized I was about to hit a pretty big knoll carrying too much speed - intuitively I threw the DWs sideways shutting my speed down and saving me from probably what would have been a yard sale…. It is just a fun and easy going ski…. I am still blown away on how hard these skis hold an edge but still loose when needed… I have a load of skis between 102 and 110 and these by far win the I won’t let you down when on edge in the firm award…!

So glad I did not give up on them…!

I know I am not sharing anything that hasn’t already been shared but thats all I got…!

Last edited by Undertow; 02-06-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Moment Skis Discussion

Finally got my 2016 190 Bibbys out this weekend. Maybe 2” fresh on soft chalk, drifting boot deep in spots. Fucking amazing. It took a couple runs to get the feel of them but wow, totally comfortable laying trenches and slaying steeps. I’ve officially joined the cult.

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Saw the same thing on my new WC108s - started an email thread with Moment asking for specs, and them picture in a follow-up. Looks just like yours - it's there, but seemingly not egregious. Curious what you find out.
    +1 on a DW….getting ready to use fir the first time tomorrow…

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Seconded! Super curious about the new C98 and would love to hear more people's experience on it compared to other ~100mm-wide metal laminate skis.
    So…. I test a lot of skis. What I think makes the CMD 98 unique is that you can drop a hip & get “inside the turn…” &/or stand on em to rumble over rough terrain. Most skis make you choose, this one lets you flex in the desired mode.

Quote Originally Posted by tpacent View Post
    Moment fan boy that had to move back east and was thinking a mid 90mm deathwish would be perfect for east coast hard pack ski. Mele- Any skinnier options in the pipeline?
    Center mount? Grab frankenski
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Quadruple camber!!!!!!!!

I had this issue with my WC118's last year and I emailed Moment and Luke was stud and sent a new pair while also telling me I could keep skiing the current concave pair until then.

I have told everyone I can about how awesome Moment was to deal with in this situation. They could have easily told me to kick rocks but they went above and beyond!!!

I would strongly suggest reaching out to them. If you base grind your skis flat it will shorten your skis lifespan considerably IMO!

I just mounted the bindings on my Deathwish and found that the base were concave on both skis. Not my pic but it’s basically like this. How much is too much? What would you recommend? Stone grind? Check with Moment folks if I should stop by Reno?
    I had this issue with my WC118's last year and I emailed Moment and Luke was stud and told me that it would be a bit of a wait for a new pair (they were sold out) so to keep skiing the current concave pair until then and that they would send me a new pair. It (understandably) took a month or two but they sent me a fresh pair once they had them back in stock!

I have told everyone I can about how awesome Moment was to deal with in this situation. They could have easily told me to kick rocks but they went above and beyond!!!

I would strongly suggest reaching out to them. If you base grind your skis flat it will shorten your skis lifespan considerably IMO!

+1 K contacted Moment and they asked me to stop by the shop and offered to do a full tune. Can’t ask for a better customer service.

+1 K contacted Moment and they asked me to stop by the shop and offered to do a full tune. Can’t ask for a better customer service.
    Super cool that they are taking care of you. Personally, I don't like skis with biaxial camber.

I think I have a problem....

... I still lack pairs of Commander 98 and Commander Tour.

(The other problem is the blasphemy of an unmounted WCT 108....)

Otherwise, N+1 is alive and well!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by meter-man; 02-07-2022 at 07:19 PM.
    sproing!

PSA: 21/22 DW 188s in CO for $350. Not mine but thought this group may pick them up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6244...50908881717006

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Had a handful of days on the DWT here in BC around Whistler and Pemberton.

Initial thoughts : very respectable on the ups (1000m+ days feel noticeably easier than slightly heavier setups of old)

On the downs, very fun. We’ve had a mix of legit pow, wind crust, rain crust, ice and everything else here in the past month. These skis do great in soft snow, but I’m impressed with how well they’ve done on hard pack. Driving them with real forward pressure doesn’t seem like the best approach - skiing more upright and balanced seems to get you a nice compliant ride with the TC there to bite when you need it.

I for sure agree with people’s reviews that these ride like a ski 1-200g heavier. It’s made me interested in the regular DW for resort duty.

Overall I’m happy with how they’re performing - looking forward to ditching the ATK leashes when my replacement brake arrives.

Two questions for DW skiers - did your factory tune seem a bit.. sharp? I’ve noticed the skis seem a little more bitey than I was expecting. I did a bit of gummy stone work, but I’m debating hitting the microcambers a little more to reduce unexpected grabbing on hard snow. Tough balance since I want them to stay predictable in steeper spots.

Also, has anyone has to re-wax their skis right away? On my second tour I had lots of snow sticking to my bases on the skate back to the car - it made things.. tiring. After a good wax at home the issue is gone.

Yup, my bananas needed a wax right off the get go, been great ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Ssssoooo I have officially fallen in love with my DW 104s…! Yesterday was soft chop and soft groomers and gawd dam these skis just rail and can make big GS turns or can pop off quick snappy turns…. I was carrying some pretty good speed and realized I was about to hit a pretty big knoll carrying too much speed - intuitively I threw the DWs sideways shutting my speed down and saving me from probably what would have been a yard sale…. It is just a fun and easy going ski…. I am still blown away on how hard these skis hold an edge but still loose when needed… I have a load of skis between 102 and 110 and these by far win the I won’t let you down when on edge in the firm award…!

So glad I did not give up on them…!

I know I am not sharing anything that hasn’t already been shared but thats all I got…!

How tall are you Undertow? Did you go 190s?

I've fallen in love with the standard DW but am debating between the commander 98 or the DW 104 for lowtide.

KJT - 6’4” and 210 lbs so one of the Clydesdales on this board…. I went 190 and would kill for it to come in a 193ish….

Anyone in the Tahoe area interested in some 182 PB&J's? Mounted once with Shifts on the line for a 305 BSL. Pulled the Shifts because I don't trust them and so the skis have been sitting there naked all season.

Haven't bought any skis in a while and have my eye on some C 98's for groomer zooming since it's never gonna snow again, so figured what the hell. PM me.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Tried to do some digging and didn't see any first hand reviews so throwing it out here. I've heard mention of some folks grabbing the Sierra Tour 179 as an ultralight ski mountaineering/spring ski. Anyone (male or female) able to comment on how it feels for a larger skier (5'11/180lbs)? Thinking spring corn, couloirs, weird snow, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Tried to do some digging and didn't see any first hand reviews so throwing it out here. I've heard mention of some folks grabbing the Sierra Tour 179 as an ultralight ski mountaineering/spring ski. Anyone (male or female) able to comment on how it feels for a larger skier (5'11/180lbs)? Thinking spring corn, couloirs, weird snow, etc...
    But that about your taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    But that about your taxes?
    Ha, damn calling me out, huh? I have an MTN 95 and I’m happy with it. I ski the DW/DWT so it’s more out of curiosity than anything, especially since it’s nice having a flatter tail for improvised anchor and a little more security on steep kick turns.

Anyone want some 22 190cm deathwishes? Skied 3 days, one mount for pivots at rec for 293mm. In pretty prestine shape