Page 142 of 239 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 5958

Moment Skis Discussion

So I skied and own the DW 104s for the first time and don’t get the hype…. I will share more tomorrow but they don’t have the speed limit I thought - hold an edge like a bitch but the E104 has more HP and have other skis that I own are more of a ski…. It is a stupid easy ski to ski…

I should add also owned the 118 Bibby because of this board and did not mesh with it…. Really wanted to like the DW104 and think it is ok but is meh…. Will say the build quality is absolutely top notch…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn, got an email at 9am this morning DW104s were back in stock, checked at 11am and they were all gone. I wonder how many actually got stocked...

Skied the new Comis yesterday during the 100"+ Tahoe storm cycle... These things rip! From open pow to wind slab to pillows and even soft groomers (yes, you read that right) they did not disappoint. They were super predictable and can slarv/pivot but I could also stand on an edge. One fun note: crazy how fast they accelerated in the fall line on the groomers
    Reminded me of my old Volkl Kuros, but waaay better in variable conditions.
    In the interest of full disclosure, once things got really chopped up I switched to my Bibbys (because I can).
    Wish I had them on this afternoon as the Chutes at Rose popped and we were bashing thigh deep drifts.
    Wife bought me some heli skiing for Xmas and these will definitely be coming along.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Damn, got an email at 9am this morning DW104s were back in stock, checked at 11am and they were all gone. I wonder how many actually got stocked...
    when I talked to them a few weeks ago, they mentioned that they are pre-selling many of the skis. Then when they finish the pre-sold batch, they might have a few extra pairs that they allowed in the process just in case of cosmetic damage/graphic blur/other probs. So they put the extras from the run in the store. Often just a few pairs in various sizes.

Just chiming in to say I have skied my 2019 Deathwishes the last 7 days in a row with 2-10" of fresh every single day and man do these things rip when things are soft. They aren't my favorite in truly deep untracked, and there are obviously much better skis for chalk and groomers, but for these consistently soft conditions we have been having there is no ski I would rather be on.

Got out for first time on WC 108 tours. I'm surprised at the multiple people who feel they need a good bit of speed to come alive. But then maybe I'm just larger at 185 pre-gear (184s).

They were very fun skipping meadows at low speeds.

FS/T Moment DW104 190 used 2 days

I’ve got 2 days on the DW104 in 190, absolutely love them, but when in manky moguls (which I enjoy) I think I belong on the 184 so looking to try to get on that setup instead. Bases are perfect, super minor top tip scratch from riding in the Thule box. Shifts (13) at 312 BSL on the line. DPS phantom on the bases.

Looking to sell or trade for same setup in 184. Let me know. Thinking $650 flat or $1150 as is, I’m in Seattle area would prefer local but can ship at buyers expense.
    No idea how to get pictures in here.

Last edited by Scat41; 12-30-2021 at 12:53 PM.

So I finally got to use my DW104s in some shallow chop and mank this morning. This is where the ski excels. Floats and pivots on a dime but is surprisingly capable of charging through long radius turns. I love this ski.
    swing your fucking sword.

I got to take out the WC 108s yesterday at A.Basin in 1-4in of soft snow/chop and its by far my favorite ski yet. It def is able to carve long fast turns but pivots well. For my ski ability def haven't hit any speed limit yet. Hopefully as the season goes on I can get better and be able to get the full ability of this ski out of it. Also have the full wildcat I hope I can take down to wolf creek sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    My buddy just picked up a pair. These are 08-09 Bibbys, the second model year. From what I could tell, they seem to have a different construction and rocker/camber profile from the later models. It could just be that the pair I've seen are clapped out thus softer and with less camber underfoot. The only reason I think this might not be the case is the fact that the rocker lines appear to be earlier and a tad deeper. If someone knows for sure, I'd like to hear more about this ski.
    The 186 Bibby they had from 08-09 and 09-10 (the 190 was introduced this year) was a completely different ski it had more rocker flat underfoot (similar if not the same as the night train) the flex was softer in the tips and tails but solid under foot. I loved this ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Well shit.

Did a long distance Marketplace buy on some Bibbys and got a little screwed. I guess you win some and lose some.

First off had an undisclosed core shot. Then the buyer told me they were mounted once for ~306. Perfect! I thought…

Well the mount that was on there was for ski center, so I’m not interested in that. Took those off and found this, either considered Swiss cheese or at least a light Mozzarella.

2.5-3 mounts on the ski already. I’m trying to mount Pivots but the pivot mount on there is for ~320 so I’ll need to move forward or back from the line.

Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3652.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	398926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3651.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	398927

Falcon. That’s lame. Presume you can use one set of holes for toes and or heels. Figure out which one gets you closer to moments center line or ski them 1cm forward of that line. They ski great there. Another option is to plug holes with hardwood dowels using g flex. Let cure for 24, cut flush and top with epoxy and then mount wherever you want. I have mounted pivots with eclipsing holes this way and has been bomber

Thought I was done with my Swiss cheesed Facebook marketplace Ghost Trains, but it's been dumping and I couldn't resist putting one more set of holes in them. This ski is so dang good. So much fun to noodle around in tight, deep trees with, and then when you want to go fast and jump off stuff it feels wildly stable in fresh snow. Gawd I love this ski.

Quote Originally Posted by roverdoc View Post
    Falcon. That’s lame. Presume you can use one set of holes for toes and or heels. Figure out which one gets you closer to moments center line or ski them 1cm forward of that line. They ski great there. Another option is to plug holes with hardwood dowels using g flex. Let cure for 24, cut flush and top with epoxy and then mount wherever you want. I have mounted pivots with eclipsing holes this way and has been bomber
    Thanks, I decided to go the dowel route. The Pivot toe mount only ends up about 0.5cm forward of the main line (which is -6.5 from ski center, the new Wildcats are a little further forward than that so it should be comparable).

Name:	IMG_3654.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	399041

5th pair of Bibby/WC's to the family, first with the cast

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	595.0 KB 
ID:	399075

Name:	IMG_0278.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	672.4 KB 
ID:	399077
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Damn those are beautiful.

My WC108s shipped today. Can’t wait

Got a question for figuring out DW length for me between 179 and 184. 155lbs 5'11", and my reference Moment ski are my 15/16 178cm Belafontes that I love.

The DW's would be for an inbounds pow ski/ single travel ski with Shifts (so like inbounds 90/10 bc when I travel). I have some 187 Protest that have been my inbounds pow ski the last few seasons but since I'm in CO I rarely get the real need for them. My BC pow ski is BD Helios in 186, and those have definitely gotten more use.

So my two concerns are:
    -Would stepping up to the 184 lose some of the do-it-all-ness of the DW?
    -Flip side, would the 179 start to feel short (especially in powder) if I'm loving my 178 Belafonte's and those other powder ski lengths? Just eyeballing it kinda looks like the effective edge of the 184DW would be close to 178 Belafontes
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by StopMakingSense View Post
    5th pair of Bibby/WC's to the family, first with the cast
    Fuckin’ beauties.

Love the Proflex on the langes too.

I am 6’1” and about 165lbs and feel like the 190cm DW turns on a dime.

I would imagine the 184cm DW will feel more nimble than the 178cm Belafonte. Really different shape.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Got a question for figuring out DW length for me between 179 and 184. 155lbs 5'11", and my reference Moment ski are my 15/16 178cm Belafontes that I love.

The DW's would be for an inbounds pow ski/ single travel ski with Shifts (so like inbounds 90/10 bc when I travel). I have some 187 Protest that have been my inbounds pow ski the last few seasons but since I'm in CO I rarely get the real need for them. My BC pow ski is BD Helios in 186, and those have definitely gotten more use.

So my two concerns are:
    -Flip side, would the 179 start to feel short (especially in powder) if I'm loving my 178 Belafonte's and those other powder ski lengths? Just eyeballing it kinda looks like the effective edge of the 184DW would be close to 178 Belafontes

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post

So my two concerns are:
    184 for sure. I'm 5'11" 170lbs and my 190s don't ever feel too long. The DW is a rad powder ski for less snowy resorts, I bought mine while living in Crested Butte and it was all the powder ski I ever needed. Living in Utah now I do have a big plank for super deep days but the DW gets the call most of the time.

Bravo you should post this in the mount your own fucking skis thread.

Thanks y'all 184 it is.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

If anyone has some 174 Deathwishes collecting dust and is open to selling them shoot me a PM, I'm in search of an upgrade for the girlfriend.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I'm skiing the 184 WC and WC108 inbounds and really like them, but think I might size down for a little more maneuverability in tight spots. Anyone done the same?

Before I throw inserts in my WC108s for a set of a Tectons and just not worry about the extra weight...anyone want to part with their well loved DWTs or WC108 Tours?