Page 140 of 242 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 6026
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    refreshing this question - any insights???
    Give us a call at the factory. (775) 527-1595
    We'd be happy to talk mount points with ya.

Are there going to be any more C108 in 194 this year? Site says sold out.

FWIW, I thought the 198 Governor was the perfect ski for Revie when I visited a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by StopMakingSense View Post
    Alrighty going C188 ... the 182 just kept screaming to me that I'd want more if I got it. Thanks for the comments, was never a huge fan of the Cochise but loved the Line 108 Supernaturals. Hoping these will fill a new hole in my heart that the Line's did.

Dropped off of sub-peak at Revy today and I remember now that the WC108 does not love 2' of blower at fast speeds. It doesn't plain as well. I don't know why I wasn't skiing the WC118. Retiring the 108 would've made the decision easy today, WC118.

I think the Commander 108 is going to be super solid between storms and hitting lines that I'd rather be chalky then sluff city.
    Hey not sure if you got my DM response but shop has some 20/21 C118 in 190 left in the moving sale.

Can forward you their email if you dm me yours

First runs on the DW104 were really enjoyable - Ive had a DW for two seasons and its my primary ski and dedicated travel rig. Moment nailed the skinnier one and its exactly as advertised. The thicker, denser core was REALLY noticeable to me in a very good way. The ski can power through light crud better than the DW IMO and feels very stable. I found no speed limit on the ski and was pushing it around 40mph. I found them to fall a bit further to the "Damp" end of the spectrum vs "Energetic" when exploring rebound. I was very happy with the results here. Mount point at -6 from true center was ideal for me, most of my skis fall in the 5 - 7 from TC range so this was a nice fit for my style.

I detuned the tails just a bit and the they released predictably and exactly as desired. Keep em locked or let em loose - both work well. Carving performance is excellent in medium and long radius turns (im on the 190). Bumps were really nice with the detuned tail - felt a bit like a more powerful and stable Enforcer 104 to me which is a ski i love.

I will likely drop out some of my 98-104 category skis for this - very very pleased. Nice work moment folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cars Suck View Post
    Hey not sure if you got my DM response but shop has some 20/21 C118 in 190 left in the moving sale.

Can forward you their email if you dm me yours
    Just PM'ed you back, been sick
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Quote Originally Posted by ender9099 View Post
    First runs on the DW104 were really enjoyable - Ive had a DW for two seasons and its my primary ski and dedicated travel rig. Moment nailed the skinnier one and its exactly as advertised. The thicker, denser core was REALLY noticeable to me in a very good way. The ski can power through light crud better than the DW IMO and feels very stable. I found no speed limit on the ski and was pushing it around 40mph. I found them to fall a bit further to the "Damp" end of the spectrum vs "Energetic" when exploring rebound. I was very happy with the results here. Mount point at -6 from true center was ideal for me, most of my skis fall in the 5 - 7 from TC range so this was a nice fit for my style.

I detuned the tails just a bit and the they released predictably and exactly as desired. Keep em locked or let em loose - both work well. Carving performance is excellent in medium and long radius turns (im on the 190). Bumps were really nice with the detuned tail - felt a bit like a more powerful and stable Enforcer 104 to me which is a ski i love.

I will likely drop out some of my 98-104 category skis for this - very very pleased. Nice work moment folk.
    I am interested in the comparison with the enforcer 104. I imagined the Deathwish to be looser, lighter and less damp than the enforcer. Sounds that I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    I am interested in the comparison with the enforcer 104. I imagined the Deathwish to be looser, lighter and less damp than the enforcer. Sounds that I am wrong.
    Same here! I thought the DW104 would be closer the the Fischer Ranger 102, but it sounds like this ski is more damp than energetic and poppy so now I’m confused. Likely will have to wait 6 months when Blister drops their “full review/deep dive” before I can pull the trigger!

I am pumped though that everyone’s feedback on the ski has been so positive so far. I love that Moment rolled the dice and scored a hit with the ski!

What's the word on these era Bibbys? Looks like they're 2010 Bibby Pros. Condition is not great, but they're cheap and local, and a quiver of 15 skis proves I'm willing to give em a spin.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211221-144311_OfferUp.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	701.3 KB 
ID:	397728

I think it is a bit damper than the OG deathwish...but it's not metal damp. A fellow patroller was on 104Frees in 186 -- we A/Bd the Deathwish 104 (184) for a couple of laps. DW is a little looser, a little poppier. Nordica has -- as Jonathan would put it -- "better suspension."

Haven't skied the 102Fr -- but I think anyone who likes the Nordica but wants less weight and more liveliness would like the DW. Anyone who likes the DW but is more on the ground more/stronger/bigger terrain will like the DW.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I think it is a bit damper than the OG deathwish...but it's not metal damp. A fellow patroller was on 104Frees in 186 -- we A/Bd the Deathwish 104 (184) for a couple of laps. DW is a little looser, a little poppier. Nordica has -- as Jonathan would put it -- "better suspension."

Haven't skied the 102Fr -- but I think anyone who likes the Nordica but wants less weight and more liveliness would like the DW. Anyone who likes the DW but is more on the ground more/stronger/bigger terrain will like the DW.
    Lots of reviews comparing to the DW original. Anyone have a comparison vs PBJ/WC101?

brasso - the old models are rad. i had the year after that one for like 5 years and that is the #1 ski i regret selling. little damper / less lively than later versions but fun as shit at speed

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Lots of reviews comparing to the DW original. Anyone have a comparison vs PBJ/WC101?
    I should after Monday...buddy bought WC101s this year...I bought DW104s. Same boot size.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    brasso - the old models are rad. i had the year after that one for like 5 years and that is the #1 ski i regret selling. little damper / less lively than later versions but fun as shit at speed
    Awesome, thanks man. That spot in my quiver doesn't have a current competitor as my beloved BGs are my favorite ski ever, but I'm open to competitors! I'm picking up that pair of Bibby Pros tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    What's the word on these era Bibbys? Looks like they're 2010 Bibby Pros. Condition is not great, but they're cheap and local, and a quiver of 15 skis proves I'm willing to give em a spin.

The best Bibby of all time the 08-09, 09-08 in a 186.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    And I still have them...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post

My buddy just picked up a pair. These are 08-09 Bibbys, the second model year. From what I could tell, they seem to have a different construction and rocker/camber profile from the later models. It could just be that the pair I've seen are clapped out thus softer and with less camber underfoot. The only reason I think this might not be the case is the fact that the rocker lines appear to be earlier and a tad deeper. If someone knows for sure, I'd like to hear more about this ski.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

I understood that they are stiffer than the OG DW. How stiff are they compared to the Wildcat? I am looking for a 2nd ski in a 3 ski quiver. I have the Rustler 9 and the Wildcat. Ideally, it would be something as easy to ski than the R9 but with better crud busting ability. Wildcat need too much speed to come alive for my ability in steep /sketchy terrain but I love them in mellow/open bowl.

^^ The Wildcat (118) and the WC 108 work really well together in a quiver. I end up using one of those skis 90% of the time now inbounds. The WC 108 is better at slower speeds than the big boy version and is much quicker edge to edge (I also have it in a 184cm vs. the 190 for the regular WC so I'm sure that plays into it). It's been my daily driver now the past 2.5 seasons.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Added some CMD 118s (188 Owls) during the Moving Sale last week to complement my '22 188 CMD 108s. After chatting with Moment mounted at -2 (-10) as I wanted em to feel like a wider 108. Had my first day on em at BComb today (45 cms in the last 24, alpine cracked) and holy motherfucker do they rip. Feel pretty similar to the 108 (obv wider), except at -2 (behind the 31m sidecut) it is a straight ski. Composed/dependable/etc but still float well enough for a burly ski; exactly what I was looking for. Have to drive the shovels at all times (at -2), but if you do, they work everywhere. Lapped Chainsaw until my legs didn't work, and haven't had that good a day in a while. Cornices, couloirs, steeps, knee deep GS, trees, just a good time. And nothing slows them down; most skis I can control my speed in chop; these just wanna fly. Not much for absolute statements, but these might be the best resort pow ski I've been on (for me), and at 188 there was no top end, floated well, and made sketchy places easier (ie. was worried they would be too short b4 skiing, nope). I might (re)add a 192 R11 as a touring ski, but otherwise my quiver now stands at 2. Good times. More snow please.

Yeah the CMD 118 is fucking great at WB, cheers to a good day

Hmmm, waited too long on the 190 DW
    that's questionable

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ The Wildcat (118) and the WC 108 work really well together in a quiver. I end up using one of those skis 90% of the time now inbounds. The WC 108 is better at slower speeds than the big boy version and is much quicker edge to edge (I also have it in a 184cm vs. the 190 for the regular WC so I'm sure that plays into it). It's been my daily driver now the past 2.5 seasons.
    I’m going to disagree with what you are saying re: the WC108

The WC108 is not that great at slower speeds (see blister review of the ski for confirmation from guys who know). It‘a quicker edge to edge that the WC118, but not by that much. The standout feature of the 108 is how well it is it pivot in tight spots and moguls…..but you get that with the full size WC118 already.

I own the WC118 and love it. I owned the WC108 and sold it after one season. The WC108 is a cool concept for a one ski quiver but in my opinion it is silly to own both given how similar they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    I understood that they are stiffer than the OG DW. How stiff are they compared to the Wildcat? I am looking for a 2nd ski in a 3 ski quiver. I have the Rustler 9 and the Wildcat. Ideally, it would be something as easy to ski than the R9 but with better crud busting ability. Wildcat need too much speed to come alive for my ability in steep /sketchy terrain but I love them in mellow/open bowl.
    JSkis Masterblaster is the ski you want given what you are describing above. Easy and forgiving ski with a huge sweet spot but can also rip if you push it.

Check the blister reviews and “best of” awards. They are high on that ski for the very reasons you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    I own the WC118 and love it. I owned the WC108 and sold it after one season. The WC108 is a cool concept for a one ski quiver but in my opinion it is silly to own both given how similar they are.
    It’s a stretch, but I feel exactly the same about the touring versions of both these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    It’s a stretch, but I feel exactly the same about the touring versions of both these skis.
    Speaking of touring, anyone got quick thoughts on the commander tours? They're heavy, which isn't necessarily bad, but I would have expected moment to try to hit the ~1700g mark, not almost 2000g.