Page 131 of 241 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 6023
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1173
Size:  32.5 KB

Finally pulled the trigger on first parent of new Moments in several years. So stoked to have a DW 104 for lower tide days. Props to Jake on website for quickly showing me various binding color pairings. Gonna send Jake a collection of "Jake Skis Bad" stickers but hopefully people use them just to mock him. (Or me, I'm cool with it.)

Moment Skis Discussion

My MRI reading/consult on Tuesday will determine my Deathwish purchase this month….I rode bike 20 miles out/back Causeway today…and PT seems to going well…so I’m feeling optimistic)…..my credit card is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger on first parent of new Moments in several years. So stoked to have a DW 104 for lower tide days. Props to Jake on website for quickly showing me various binding color pairings. Gonna send Jake a collection of "Jake Skis Bad" stickers but hopefully people use them just to mock him. (Or me, I'm cool with it.)
    I am really curious to have some feedback on these. I think they could become my dd for Tahoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    I am really curious to have some feedback on these. I think they could become my dd for Tahoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honeslty, I'm curious how different they are vs the Wildcat 101. I assume the Wildcat 101 is basically the PB&J, which was noticeably stiffer than my OG Deathwish. But the Deathwish then got stiffer over the yearsand the 104 is stiffer than its larger cousin. One thing I thought the OG DW did so well is that it is fun even at pretty low speeds and in bumps. Hoping this one doesn't loose too much of that.

Honeslty, I'm curious how different they are vs the Wildcat 101. I assume the Wildcat 101 is basically the PB&J, which was noticeably stiffer than my OG Deathwish. But the Deathwish then got stiffer over the yearsand the 104 is stiffer than its larger cousin. One thing I thought the OG DW did so well is that it is fun even at pretty low speeds and in bumps. Hoping this one doesn't loose too much of that.
    I could be making things up, but I thought I remembered someone in the know (Luke?) saying that the WC101 is a touch softer than the PB&J.

I just picked up a pair of 188s from a while back, before they got lighter, and they hand flex a bit stiffer than I might have guessed. Curious to get them on snow.

Talking to a friend this weekend, he was asking about what makes the DWT so good.

And one of the things I like most is the ability to pressure and drive the front of the ski from a centered neutral and balanced stance.

You don't have to get your weight super forward and lean on it to get the front of the ski to respond, I find this extremely helpful in steep and tight situations.

You can stay balanced and the ski stays predictable and does what you want it to

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Talking to a friend this weekend, he was asking about what makes the DWT so good.

And one of the things I like most is the ability to pressure and drive the front of the ski from a centered neutral and balanced stance.

You don't have to get your weight super forward and lean on it to get the front of the ski to respond, I find this extremely helpful in steep and tight situations.

You can stay balanced and the ski stays predictable and does what you want it to
    As someone with the Underworld ( skinnier DWT with the same rocker profile) and I would agree with all the above. It's why I love my Underworlds in variable, tight, or questionable conditions. I also went with a shorter length ski than normal and they still work great due to the triple camber.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	387179
    Oh boy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

I can't wait -- those are DW104s right?

Grabbed a set of demo Wardens today for $50 in near new condition to put on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post

Name:	IMG_0034.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	387179
    Oh boy

Blue attack 14 or Pivot raw for a perfect match?

I can't wait -- those are DW104s right?

Grabbed a set of demo Wardens today for $50 in near new condition to put on mine.
    Yep, DW104.

I'm thinking Raw with CAST.

That's an MSU dorm room floor if I've seen one. Langford?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    That's an MSU dorm room floor if I've seen one. Langford?
    unfortunately.

Moment Skis Discussion

Got the “all clear” from my MRI reading today.

Got home tonight…..put Deathwish in cart….Bring on winter!!

I’m easy…..

unfortunately.
    Mmm... the ol' Sausage Barn. Good times. I never roomed there. It was N Hedges for me.

Mmm... the ol' Sausage Barn. Good times. I never roomed there. It was N Hedges for me.
    I was in South Hedges. Fall ‘97.

I have detailed the misadventures of Langford, my roommate, and subsequent dealings with the housing department here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...gge?highlight=

Yep, DW104.

I'm thinking Raw with CAST.
    That sounds perfect, was semi-planning to do the same, will be interested to hear how you like the setup

Moment dudes sent me photos of DW104 w/ Raw -- it's certainly the way to go if you're not recycling clamps.

Anybody sitting on a pair of C118 or C124s in 194?

I came here to resurrect some Belafonte stoke and remembered that all good stuff was gone. Lame.

So I'll post these rage wagons. They showed up yesterday and I'm stoked!

Name:	juLgHyn.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	387397

I came here to resurrect some Belafonte stoke and remembered that all good stuff was gone. Lame.

So I'll post these rage wagons. They showed up yesterday and I'm stoked!

Name:	juLgHyn.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	387397
    +1 Belafontes were the TRUTH.

Definitely in far better shape than I end up putting my planks through on one mount, judging by all the holes in there.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    +1 Belafontes were the TRUTH.
    I'm looking forward to skiing this truth. I haven't had a proper charger in the quiver for a hot minute, and the last ones I did have (Wren 108) were too long. So I'm anxious to see how these slay here in the PNWet.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    Definitely in far better shape than I end up putting my planks through on one mount, judging by all the holes in there.
    Indeed. You're seeing two sets of QK inserts that just so happen to fit my BSL. It pays to buy from a solid mag and an ex-shop tuner. I scored!