Page 126 of 241 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 6016
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wildcat 108. (I have Wrens and BG’s FWIW, and also the PB&J’s) and this is my daily driver. PB&J is quite a bit different from the Wrens.
    Could you quickly compare the PB&J and the Wildcat 108?

How do you feel both skis complement your BGs? I felt like I had to ski the wrens in a very different stance than my BGs, so looking for something a bit more similar.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Could you quickly compare the PB&J and the Wildcat 108?

How do you feel both skis complement your BGs? I felt like I had to ski the wrens in a very different stance than my BGs, so looking for something a bit more similar.
    Just to clarify on stance issues, I feel like the BG responds best to a very slightly forward stance. Not driving the tips, but also not completely centered. Almost feel like I'm just focusing on pressuring the balls of my feet/toes.

With the wrens I felt like I had to fully drive the tips consistently. And I had a tough time going back and forth between skis.

So looking for something I can ski in a similar, very slightly forward stance that I am using on the BGs. From what I've read about PB&J's they should fit the bill, but any other opinions are appreciated.

Yeah, PB&J's fit the bill... I just don't necessarily see them as a Wren replacement because they're quite a bit more narrow underfoot and don't float nearly as well.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, PB&J's fit the bill... I just don't necessarily see them as a Wren replacement because they're quite a bit more narrow underfoot and don't float nearly as well.
    I'm coming from wren 96s, not concerned with float as I ski my BGs any time there is fresh

Okay, well, then in that case yeah. PB&J's are a lot less work than Wrens for sure and would compliment BG's.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

moment ski / concept idea - the 120th meridian

The 120* meridian bisects the north half of lake tahoe and forms the north-south border between california and nevada. Reno/Sparks itself is at like 119.8* W.

120mm pow touring ski. basically a chipotle banana tour, but with a subtle top sheet. Tahoe based? NV backcountry? Maybe a little more taper for beaters like me that like to surf in the bc?

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    moment ski / concept idea - the 120th meridian

The 120* meridian bisects the north half of lake tahoe and forms the north-south border between california and nevada. Reno/Sparks itself is at like 119.8* W.

120mm pow touring ski. basically a chipotle banana tour, but with a subtle top sheet. Tahoe based? NV backcountry? Maybe a little more taper for beaters like me that like to surf in the bc?
    The Meridian's design was based off of the Chipotle Banana. So what you're asking for is a CB that is 2mm narrower with a different topsheet? That wont really change how the ski feels that much. If you want a 120ish ski with more tapper than the CB grab a set of Ghost Trains next time we make a limited edition run.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    The Meridian's design was based off of the Chipotle Banana. So what you're asking for is a CB that is 2mm narrower with a different topsheet? That wont really change how the ski feels that much. If you want a 120ish ski with more tapper than the CB grab a set of Ghost Trains next time we make a limited edition run.
    A tour-core CB.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    A tour-core CB.
    Chipotle Banana Tour - was showing on the website earlier in the month, seems only the cached version of the page from Google is available now. But either way, they've made this ski so maybe more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Chipotle Banana Tour - was showing on the website earlier in the month, seems only the cached version of the page from Google is available now. But either way, they've made this ski so maybe more in the future.
    We made a small run of CB tours. They sold out and we have no plans to make more at this time so we took them off the site.

Moment Skis Discussion

#genetics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1629582114.246406.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	383064
    Last edited by optics; 08-21-2021 at 03:42 PM.

The above makes me happy.

Moment Skis Discussion

Ahhh dammit, I so hate to bring this up again but since we’re here…
    Yup tour CB is/was absolutely fuckin brilliant and Moment keeps dropping such cool shit in the reserve section, big time kuddos for sure!! And yeah, the Meridian 117 tour is making rounds and that’s sick AF, so I have nothing but love for what Moment’s doing for the core out here that doesn’t make them much dough at all. All that said, plz reconsider making a 112-114 heavy core Meridian, pretty pls (preferably with the 2020-21 Commander 98 graphics, soooooooo sick)? Just think about it, K ?
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Name:	Image1629602413.252250.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	908.7 KB 
ID:	383102
    Droooool
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    #genetics

Name:	Image1629582114.246406.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	383064
    Those little ones are sweet!

Yeah thanks for the hook up! And thanks melee for making them back then.

I am so glad they were brought back on put on the reserve menu. I probably nagged Melee for a year or so. The GT is my favorite pow ski of all time. The Wildcats are great, had a pair with 200+ days, I've had Meridan 117s, I've skid a lot of pow on the DW, back in the day had some K2 Hellbents, pontoons when they first came out. I've been on most of the more popular pow skis for a run or two when I worked in the industry and for me. For me, there is no ski that makes me happier than the ghost train.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I am so glad they were brought back on put on the reserve menu. I probably nagged Melee for a year or so. The GT is my favorite pow ski of all time. The Wildcats are great, had a pair with 200+ days, I've had Meridan 117s, I've skid a lot of pow on the DW, back in the day had some K2 Hellbents, pontoons when they first came out. I've been on most of the more popular pow skis for a run or two when I worked in the industry and for me. For me, there is no ski that makes me happier than the ghost train.
    Did you ever try the Donner Party?

I did not.

yo melee, after the 10 commander 98s in 188 sell out, will you guys make more?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    No, and I have one of the 12 they made on my workbench...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    We will try to make more but the earliest we will receive more Titanal is Q1 2022. Currently titanal lead times with the manufacturer are about 8 months...on top of that international freight shipping is super delayed and messed up so who knows how long it will actually take to arrive.

If you want Commanders (skis with titanal) this year in any width or length I suggest grabbing some sooner than later because we may not have the ability to make more this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    We will try to make more but the earliest we will receive more Titanal is Q1 2022. Currently titanal lead times with the manufacturer are about 8 months...on top of that international freight shipping is super delayed and messed up so who knows how long it will actually take to arrive.

If you want Commanders (skis with titanal) this year in any width or length I suggest grabbing some sooner than later because we may not have the ability to make more this winter.
    Thanks for the reply. Probably won’t have the funds in time for commanders. Think I’ll go with a DW 104.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WWMD...

Looking for a new low-tide resort ski. Groomer mobbing and other hardpack garbage snow days. If there's any new snow this ski won't come out. No park.

Looking for a high speed limit and longer radius. Doesn't need to be skinny, though - I like a wider platform in general.

Given the other skis I'm on and how those need to be skied, this ski should tolerate a more upright stance vs needing to be fully on the tips.

I'm flip-flopping on C108 vs the new DW 104.

I realize nobody here has been on the 104, but it's August, so you know...

Baseless opinions, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    WWMD...

Looking for a new low-tide resort ski. Groomer mobbing and other hardpack garbage snow days. If there's any new snow this ski won't come out. No park.

Looking for a high speed limit and longer radius. Doesn't need to be skinny, though - I like a wider platform in general.

Given the other skis I'm on and how those need to be skied, this ski should tolerate a more upright stance vs needing to be fully on the tips.

I'm flip-flopping on C108 vs the new DW 104.

I realize nobody here has been on the 104, but it's August, so you know...

Baseless opinions, anyone?
    i don't have any experience with either ski but that doesn't stop mags from giving advice...
    from what i've read, the Commander is a stiffer build overall. longer effective edge, considerably heavier, less progressive rec line. from what you said, i'd say the C108 is the ski you seek. 100% baseless opinion.
    melee could tell ya better.