Page 124 of 241 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 6014
    They were a 182 bought as a touring powder ski, but heavy. Shorter than I wanted for inbound powder ski. Fun ski for sure, but pretty powder specific

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Do you still do free mounts if we buy skis from you and bring in some bindings? You've mounted a few skis for me in the past before. I'm going to bring in a bunch of beer next time I buy a ski either way, what do you guys like??
    Yes, you can bring in bindings and we mount Moments for free within 15-20 minutes while you wait. No need to leave them overnight or for days like at some ski shops.

We sell bindings as well.

We stock:

Pivot 12
    Pivot 15 (all colors and brake widths)
    Pivot 18
    NX11
    NX7 Jr.
    Warden
    STH
    Shift
    Voyager

We also have almost every binding jig under the sun with the exception of the Tecton and Duke PT jig. If you want those mounted you will have to take them somewhere else.

Current MOMENT stash. Smokey AF here in Tahoe region so waxing my skis, servicing my fork, trimming my mustache hairs, etc.

Might need a new Wildcat/Bibby as these are thrashed...or possibly a Jalapeño Plantain...

Now I have a serious Snoner!! C'mon winter!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Jalapeño Plantain...
    Si!

Current MOMENT stash. Smokey AF here in Tahoe region so waxing my skis, servicing my fork, trimming my mustache hairs, etc.

Might need a new Wildcat/Bibby as these are thrashed...or possibly a Jalapeño Plantain...

Now I have a serious Snoner!! C'mon winter!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Hey those are my WC108s (even my wife recognized them)!
    Keep the Bibbys... I use mine as an early/late season dump ski--IDGAF what I hit.
    Sprung for an Ikon in addition to Rose; hope to see you out there this year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

(Already sent to Moment just wanted a second opinion)
    Just wondering what ski you guys at moment would recommend was looking at the commander 98, wildcat 101 and death wish 104
    Height: 5’11-6

Weight: 52kgs (114lbs)

Ability: Advanced

Favorite ski: Jeffrey 108 custom

Resorts: anywhere in Nz Tc, Cardrona, Turoa Etc

Current quiver: J108 custom, BC 100 (going to sell)

Looking for a ski to replace my BC100 and was wondering what i should get out of the C98, WC101 and DW104. My preferred style of skiing is playful chargey hitting side hits and hitting cliffs, trying to butter, popping off things, occasionally spinning and skiing groomers sometimes. Skiing in Nz can not be the most ideal sometimes with ice, crud, dust on crust and wind blown snow. I dont want to much overlap with my J108 so was looking at the C98 which seems to be more freeride instead of freestyle orientated. This ski would be my daily driver to go along side my J108 for touring and powder.

It seems like you want something more like the W101 than the C98. I don't think there would be too much overlap.. the WC101 would only be 1mm wider than your BC100, so you can probably decide if there'd be too much overlap.
    If you want to go skinnier and stick with moment, you could always go Frankenski (98mm).. although thats more of a park option rather than a freestyle all mountain ski that can handle variable such as the WC101.
    or you could go Jeff 96 as well if you like your J108s, skinnier offering that fits the all mountain freestyle bill you seem to be looking for.

I mean you could go DW 104 and serve the purpose of both skis. But I agree if you're looking to compliment and keep the J108 a WC101 probably makes the best sense

meter-man - you have good taste. I own 4 of those 5 Moments in your photo (all but the Deathwish).
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

^ Your 6' tall and weigh 114 pounds?

My guess is skinny young person... I was 6' and about that weight in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    ^ Your 6' tall and weigh 114 pounds?

there are a ton of good deals to be had over at skiburger now on the 2021 (and earlier) lineup(s).

All the big ticket items in the right lengths are there, so go get your self treated to some killer skis at very competitive prices.

I know, backcountry can suck a dick, but their moment colab, pressure drop and Meeney are $400 right now. No need for either, but maybe somebody is looking…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

181 Meridian tour too short?

Resort skis are a 191 Jeffery 108 and a 192 Protest. Current touring ski is a 193 MVP (meridian tour is replacing this ski). I'm 6'3, 200 lbs, and ski in the north idaho. For touring the 193 MVP feels way too long for the amount of tight tree skiing I do but I've never skied a ski shorter than 189. I rarely ski wide open when I'm touring and want to go shorter. But going down to a 181 taking it too far? Is it going to feel way too short, esp when combined with the touring core? Or is it not that much of difference and I'll appreciate the maneuverability in the tight trees when my legs are dead?

^^ Meridian has a healthy does of rocker at both ends. 181 is going to feel super short.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post

Resort skis are a 191 Jeffery 108 and a 192 Protest. Current touring ski is a 193 MVP (meridian tour is replacing this ski). I'm 6'3, 200 lbs, and ski in the north idaho. For touring the 193 MVP feels way too long for the amount of tight tree skiing I do but I've never skied a ski shorter than 189. I rarely ski wide open when I'm touring and want to go shorter. But going down to a 181 taking it too far? Is it going to feel way too short, esp when combined with the touring core? Or is it not that much of difference and I'll appreciate the maneuverability in the tight trees when my legs are dead?
    Way too short. Always size up on full rocker skis, even for touring.

We do plan on making more 187cm Meridian Tours this Fall. Still getting all the new production skis out the door so no set date for when they will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Meridian has a healthy does of rocker at both ends. 181 is going to feel super short.
    This ^^

It’s only 6cm but you’ll feel a substantial difference. I’m only 5’8” @205 so our weight is pretty close, I’ve tried the 186 and 181. The 181 felt super short to me and the 186 felt just right(my other skis lengths are 182-190)

Thanks for the responses, I'll hold out for a 187.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I know, backcountry can suck a dick, but their moment colab, pressure drop and Meeney are $400 right now. No need for either, but maybe somebody is looking…

i have never heard a single thing about that ski. the description makes it sound pretty interesting. i read it as basically being a Wildcat 101 Tour.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Hey those are my WC108s (even my wife recognized them)!
    Keep the Bibbys... I use mine as an early/late season dump ski--IDGAF what I hit.
    Sprung for an Ikon in addition to Rose; hope to see you out there this year.
    Sounds good - holler! Sadly, the Bibbys are bound for wall-art. They have been base ground so many times that it can't be done again. Deathwish serves in the IDGAF slot for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Si!
    Might have to borrow yours to try em out first. Already have 196 Protests (new to me; used) and 188 Praxis FRS in this slot. Probably will sell the FRS - much preferred Bibby/Wildcat, and the Rustler 11s I had (and then broke) in this slot.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    meter-man - you have good taste. I own 4 of those 5 Moments in your photo (all but the Deathwish).
    Danke!
    sproing!

Might have to borrow yours to try em out first. Already have 196 Protests (new to me; used) and 188 Praxis FRS in this slot. Probably will sell the FRS - much preferred Bibby/Wildcat, and the Rustler 11s I had (and then broke) in this slot.
    That can definitely be arranged! Coming from Bibby's, they are intuitive, and ski non-pow conditions WAY better than expected. I think you'll dig them. I've got the 193s

Thanks again for the responses. Learning heavily towards the meridian tour. But if I go DWT, does it make sense to go with 184 (vs the 190)?

Thanks again for the responses. Learning heavily towards the meridian tour. But if I go DWT, does it make sense to go with 184 (vs the 190)?
    Shorter DW, longer Meridian unless BC float is an issue then longer for both. FWIW, I have skied/owner both in the longer sizes but not in the tour layup. BTW, shitty question, but have you skied a reverse camber ski lately; I find it to be an acquired taste.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I'm 6', 190 lbs and I'd consider myself to be right at the top end of the 184 DWT. I could be fine on the 190, but can get away with the 184, so I do. I'd probably go 190 if I was your size, but it also really depends on what sort of you terrain you're skiing. For the tight tree stuff I used to ski out of North Idaho, I'd probably go 184 DWT, and suck it up on the odd day I'm skiing more open/faster terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I'm 6', 190 lbs and I'd consider myself to be right at the top end of the 184 DWT. I could be fine on the 190, but can get away with the 184, so I do. I'd probably go 190 if I was your size, but it also really depends on what sort of you terrain you're skiing. For the tight tree stuff I used to ski out of North Idaho, I'd probably go 184 DWT, and suck it up on the odd day I'm skiing more open/faster terrain.
    I feel pretty much exactly the same at 6'2" / 175#.