Page 123 of 241 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 6016
    So stoked they added a skinny deathwish. My PB&Death dreams come alive.

Well I got divorced and sold my house.

That said I bought

DW 104
    DW (never been on one)
    New WC 190 ( I wanted the new graphic and because... Reasons.)

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post

That said I bought

DW 104
    DW (never been on one)
    Congratulations!
    You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Congratulations!

lol No contest divorce here. Didn't cost much of anything.

That said I bought

DW 104
    DW (never been on one)
    If you end up wanting to unload the DW104 after a season, I can always meet you in the skimo parking lot again

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    If you end up wanting to unload the DW104 after a season, I can always meet you in the skimo parking lot again
    lololol We will see!

That said I bought

DW 104
    DW (never been on one)
    Our quivers will match! And i also just got divorced (but kept the house lol) -- Pulled trigger on the 104.

I have a DWT as well which is an incredible touring rig.

I find the decision between the DW and the WC118 is actually tough on some days, but ultimately matters little. The DW is the best one ski travel quiver ever.

You should consider a CB to make your life even more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ender9099 View Post
    Our quivers will match! And i also just got divorced (but kept the house lol) -- Pulled trigger on the 104.

I have a DWT as well which is an incredible touring rig.

I find the decision between the DW and the WC118 is actually tough on some days, but ultimately matters little. The DW is the best one ski travel quiver ever.

You should consider a CB to make your life even more difficult.
    Soooo had the CB and mc_roon bought it from me

Current quiver is

DW 104
    Mindbender 108
    DW
    WC
    Protest

I swapped the CB for the protest for the float.

My Chipotle Bananas have butt cheeks all over them.

Butt Cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    My Chipotle Bananas have butt cheeks all over them.

Butt Cheeks.
    So many cheeks lol

I'm Considering DW104s for next year. I've never been on moment's before. Some of the reviews online describe the regular deathwish as lighter and more playful. While I am not super concerned about weight I do like a pretty damp ski. Love my on3p woodsman's and custom praxis concepts with a heavy hitter core, but not super stoked on a stock enduro core praxis mvp. Where do the DW104s likely line up in dampness? I know they are new so not expecting a ton of info, just general guesses. The shape and width/length options are pretty spot on for what I am looking for but I know the core can make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    I'm Considering DW104s for next year. I've never been on moment's before. Some of the reviews online describe the regular deathwish as lighter and more playful. While I am not super concerned about weight I do like a pretty damp ski. Love my on3p woodsman's and custom praxis concepts with a heavy hitter core, but not super stoked on a stock enduro core praxis mvp. Where do the DW104s likely line up in dampness? I know they are new so not expecting a ton of info, just general guesses. The shape and width/length options are pretty spot on for what I am looking for but I know the core can make a big difference.
    The Deathwish 104 will ski more damp than an OG Deathwish or Wildcat.

The Deathwish 104 has its own flex profile paired with a very damp aspen and European beech wood core (same core materials as the stock Commander series).

It also has thicker tip and tail spacers which add weight and dampen out the ride ( side note: every ski in the stock Deathwish and Wildcat series now have this thick tip tail spacer).

It's a different ride than anything we have made historically.

“It also has thicker tip and tail spacers which add weight and dampen out the ride ( side note: every ski in the stock Deathwish and Wildcat series now have this thick tip tail spacer).”

Does this mean that the 2022 DW is more damp them previous years?

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    “It also has thicker tip and tail spacers which add weight and dampen out the ride ( side note: every ski in the stock Deathwish and Wildcat series now have this thick tip tail spacer).”

Does this mean that the 2022 DW is more damp them previous years?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

The Deathwish 104 has its own flex profile paired with a very damp aspen and European beech wood core (same core materials as the stock Commander series).

It also has thicker tip and tail spacers which add weight and dampen out the ride ( side note: every ski in the stock Deathwish and Wildcat series now have this thick tip tail spacer).

Interesting. Huge fan of my DWs. How does the ride compare to C98? Looking for a narrower low tide ski.

^^^Also curious about this - guessing the answer includes stance and mount point...

Quote Originally Posted by frjnke View Post
    Interesting. Huge fan of my DWs. How does the ride compare to C98? Looking for a narrower low tide ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    ^^^Also curious about this - guessing the answer includes stance and mount point...
    My take from limited DW time, but CMDx4 over last 3 seasons.... the CMD is a missile for the fall line, it’s just unflappable in crud & makes you get away with questionable choices. The DW is poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Co-signed (it's definitely expensive if you have kids). If I ever get to name a really fun powder ski, I'll call it the Alimony because it'll be more fun than your marriage. ;-)

I too ordered some WildCat 190's shortly after pulling the plug. No regrets there.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Co-signed (it's definitely expensive if you have kids). If I ever get to name a really fun powder ski, I'll call it the Alimony because it'll be more fun than your marriage. ;-)

I too ordered some WildCat 190's shortly after pulling the plug. No regrets there.

Lololol. Just had to separate the bulldogs here. Just needed some retail therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by frjnke View Post
    The Commander 98 is stiffer, damper and quicker edge to edge than the Deathwish 104 due to the metal laminates. Specifically the full-width metal which extends over the sidewall underfoot which allows for more driving power to the edge. Since the Commander 98 mounts at -10 and has a flatter tail it's faster edge to edge and more planted than the DW104, it also has a longer effective edge. That means it won't pivot as easily, is more locked in and likes to be driven a bit harder but will reward you for doing so.
    The Deathwish 104 on the other hand, mounting at -6 and having a twin tip is a lot easier to pivot and break loose. The thicker beech core provides a lot of torsional rigidity so it's still very fast edge to edge, just not quite as fast as the CMD98. The Triple Camber does however give the DW104 a lot more energy and pop while retaining a ton of edge hold. The 104 being 6mm wider will also do a little better when there is some softer snow to be had.

So if you want something that can be driven hard but is more lively and easier to throw around the DW104 is more appropriate but if you want maximum quickness edge to edge and a little more driving power with a more planted and locked in feel then go for the CMD98. Preference between the two really comes down to mount point and whether you want a flat tail vs a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by fasa View Post
    The Commander 98 is stiffer, damper and quicker edge to edge than the Deathwish 104 due to the metal laminates. Specifically the full-width metal which extends over the sidewall underfoot which allows for more driving power to the edge. Since the Commander 98 mounts at -10 and has a flatter tail it's faster edge to edge and more planted than the DW104, it also has a longer effective edge. That means it won't pivot as easily, is more locked in and likes to be driven a bit harder but will reward you for doing so.
    The Deathwish 104 on the other hand, mounting at -6 and having a twin tip is a lot easier to pivot and break loose. The thicker beech core provides a lot of torsional rigidity so it's still very fast edge to edge, just not quite as fast as the CMD98. The Triple Camber does however give the DW104 a lot more energy and pop while retaining a ton of edge hold. The 104 being 6mm wider will also do a little better when there is some softer snow to be had.

So if you want something that can be driven hard but is more lively and easier to throw around the DW104 is more appropriate but if you want maximum quickness edge to edge and a little more driving power with a more planted and locked in feel then go for the CMD98. Preference between the two really comes down to mount point and whether you want a flat tail vs a twin.

I've been on neither, but this seems like an excellent summary - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

man, I thought that thinking about the new commander tour had me at peak interest for the new line, but this post just amped the scale up to 12!

Man, ON3P and Moment are just delivering their(/your) A++ game for this coming season - all the updates you guys are doing are just spot on. Color me impressed

Quote Originally Posted by fasa View Post

Do you still do free mounts if we buy skis from you and bring in some bindings? You've mounted a few skis for me in the past before. I'm going to bring in a bunch of beer next time I buy a ski either way, what do you guys like??

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Do you still do free mounts if we buy skis from you and bring in some bindings? You've mounted a few skis for me in the past before. I'm going to bring in a bunch of beer next time I buy a ski either way, what do you guys like??
    Free beer...

Been a couple years since my only moment ski, Jaguar shark, but I sure like what I am seeing from them. Quiver is mostly down to four skis and seems set for a while, but I will take a look at Moment again next time I am in the market

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Been a couple years since my only moment ski, Jaguar shark, but I sure like what I am seeing from them. Quiver is mostly down to four skis and seems set for a while, but I will take a look at Moment again next time I am in the market
    How do you like those Jag Sharks picked Up a used pair last year haven't taken them out yet