Page 108 of 241 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 6024
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Two impossibly long years ago I acquired a Deathwish. It wasn’t a prominent presence in my life. Not at first. It just lingered in the periphery like a spectre: always there, always waiting. On the eve of last year, as the world began to careen into Malthusian insanity, the Deathwish grew a new head and I vowed to confront it, to understand it, and to ride it into the abyss. Since that moment my Deathwish has grown into an altogether pervasive, ever dominant force, and I carry it with me always. I don’t talk about it much, mostly just experience its raw power as it takes me down, down, forever down. Many of you understand this, for, like me, you are Acolytes of the Deathwish. More are on the way...

Also, Melee should integrate this writeup into the Deathwish description on the Moment site.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    are commander 98s not made in a 194 or are they just out of stock?

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    huh.

weird that they make them in a 194 in the 108 and 118.
    swing your fucking sword.

huh.

weird that they make them in a 194 in the 108 and 118.
    I’m 6’1 200lbs.....I’m usually on 190+ Volkls....but these 188 C98’s are kinda perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I’m 6’1 200lbs.....I’m usually on 190+ Volkls....but these 188 C98’s are kinda perfect.
    good to know. thanks.

I to am a deathwish deciple. Great reviews above. I have a garage full of moment skis and the 190 dw is the only ski I would ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Two impossibly long years ago I acquired a Deathwish. It wasn’t a prominent presence in my life. Not at first. It just lingered in the periphery like a spectre: always there, always waiting. On the eve of last year, as the world began to careen into Malthusian insanity, the Deathwish grew a new head and I vowed to confront it, to understand it, and to ride it into the abyss. Since that moment my Deathwish has grown into an altogether pervasive, ever dominant force, and I carry it with me always. I don’t talk about it much, mostly just experience its raw power as it takes me down, down, forever down. Many of you understand this, for, like me, you are Acolytes of the Deathwish. More are on the way...

This does hit the nail on the head. Every ski trip they are taken. I will always have a pair in the quiver for the rest of time!

good to know. thanks.
    The 188cm C98s are plenty, I’ve never once wished they were longer.

I want to buy the Deathwish and try it out, but as a WC118 owner I feel like the skis will be so similar that it will be a waste of money.

If Moment had agreed to make a PB&DW it would have been easier to justify.

I feel like when you make your first Moment ski purchase, you either go DW or WC, and then a Commander or a CB or something along those lines, but I haven't come across many who have both in their quiver at the same time.

I guess what I am getting at is does anyone out there own both and is it super awesome or is it like owning a Ferrari AND a Lamborghini? both awesome, but lots of overlap...

PS. I know the trip camber is supposed to hold an edge like crazy, but I can hip-drag the hard stuff on my WC's if the tune is sharp-ish. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by SkiWiedmer View Post
    This does hit the nail on the head. Every ski trip they are taken. I will always have a pair in the quiver for the rest of time!

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Skied my "hand me down" Deathwish 190 today at mammoth
    Name:  morpheus-red-pill-blue-pill.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  28.0 KB

I have both the Deathwish and Deathwish Tour.

I love them. They are incredibly easy to ski and I can bend them into any shape I need in tight places, even at 190 cm. Everything everyone says about triple camber edge hold is spot on. They ski bumps well. They ski groomers well. They are by far the best slush/corn ski I've ever skied. They have become my go-to ski for non-storm days here in the Tetons.

They perform exceptionally well in everything except crud for me. They tend to want to float over crud instead of busting through it, so they have a bit of a speed limit in those conditions. I find myself grabbing different skis for resort pow those reasons.

I guess that the Commander is the go-to Moment ski for skiing without a speed limit on resort pow days?

How does the Wildcat do in crud- are it's crud-busting capabilities better? If so, I may buy a pair for next year.

I'm also intrigued by the Commander but wonder if it would be too much to swing around in tight trees. The description makes it sound like you have to be on your game all the time on those skis.

^the CMD is more charger because it’s set on autopilot cruise control, than being a 2x4. It’s wicked manageable. If I can ski tight EC trees, it can be pivoted, smeared just about anywhere.

I’m 155 pounds & the ‘20 CMD 108 in 194 is my pow ski.

She always has told me that if she were to try it, it would have to be on little ones.

Check.

It probably won't work with her, but ya never know. 🤠Her expression doesn’t increase my hopes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1616680654.240611.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	368986

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    I feel like when you make your first Moment ski purchase, you either go DW or WC, and then a Commander or a CB or something along those lines, but I haven't come across many who have both in their quiver at the same time.

I guess what I am getting at is does anyone out there own both and is it super awesome or is it like owning a Ferrari AND a Lamborghini? both awesome, but lots of overlap...
    I own both and appreciate the automotive reference. I don't see either of these skis as being related to road going super cars though. They're more like desert race trucks or rally cars. I may have made this analogy previously, but the OG 190 Bibby reminds me of what I would imagine driving a high end desert race truck would be like. Brawny and capable of running over pretty well anything, but surprisingly easy to drive and deceptively fast on just about any kind of course. My 190 DW is like a slightly de-tuned version of a similar truck with tires that perform slightly better on roads at the expense of being able to casually blast across the desert at 130 mph. If I'm driving a desert race truck I want it to be the most bad-ass and capable version I can get my hands on. The Bibby fills this role better than the DW for me, as the Bibby's performance in pow and anything remotely soft outweighs the slight advantage that the DW has on firm (for me). If it's actually firm my OG Cochise significantly outclasses both of these skis and is closer to how I imagine a rally car would perform with firm suspension settings and sticky tires.
    I often wonder if the DW fans have spent much time on the Bibby/Wildcat. Would be interesting to gain their perspective as well.
    Long and short either way is that these are both great skis that are deserving of their legions of rabid fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    I own both and appreciate the automotive reference. I don't see either of these skis as being related to road going super cars though. They're more like desert race trucks or rally cars. I may have made this analogy previously, but the OG 190 Bibby reminds me of what I would imagine driving a high end desert race truck would be like. Brawny and capable of running over pretty well anything, but surprisingly easy to drive and deceptively fast on just about any kind of course. My 190 DW is like a slightly de-tuned version of a similar truck with tires that perform slightly better on roads at the expense of being able to casually blast across the desert at 130 mph. If I'm driving a desert race truck I want it to be the most bad-ass and capable version I can get my hands on. The Bibby fills this role better than the DW for me, as the Bibby's performance in pow and anything remotely soft outweighs the slight advantage that the DW has on firm (for me). If it's actually firm my OG Cochise significantly outclasses both of these skis and is closer to how I imagine a rally car would perform with firm suspension settings and sticky tires.
    I often wonder if the DW fans have spent much time on the Bibby/Wildcat. Would be interesting to gain their perspective as well.
    Long and short either way is that these are both great skis that are deserving of their legions of rabid fans.
    Great write up. Thanks.

Anyone know how the Wildcat compares to Rustler 11s?

I'd like to add a ski to my quiver for next season that is slightly better at crud busting than my Rustler 11s and Deathwishes.

can anyone compare the wildcat 101 vs commander 98 for groomers and bumps?

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Name:  morpheus-red-pill-blue-pill.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  28.0 KB
    Red Pill please. Lets go down the rabbit hole...

Skiing firm groomers today at Mammoth. Started out on the Deathwish and was RAILING them so well I didnt go back to car to get my Commander 108s. Never thought that would happen.

To the other comment above, I have many years on the Bibby, and now 3 days on the Deathwish. Bibbys ski groomers well, but the Deathwish definitely grips better on firm. Deathwish has less effective edge than the Bibby, but I now feel that the triple camber makes up that, and then some. Deathwish also have less tip taper than the Bibbys (but more tail taper) so when you drive the tips I feel like you might be getting more grip as well with more effective edge in front of the boot.

Anyone have experience on the Voyagers (Moments spin on ATK)

Quote Originally Posted by ma8c9c View Post
    There’s some beta in the 300g Binding thread and the ATK thread.

They are a great lightweight touring binding. I put my review on the moment website. I love the freeride spacer it has the most connected heel feel that isn't an alpine heel. I love the 5 difference Heights with simple and easy to use risers. I would highly recommend.

They’re damn near perfect. Only thing I don’t like is that one can forget to drop the brakes at the top when keeping skis on to rip skins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C20B6D1-9545-4DC5-8CC5-5DF6A7D7E861.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	532.8 KB 
ID:	369091

Have you ever made a mistake?

Short version, I had these custom DW made in a 174 & never got to ski them with all the other projects I’m committed to. If someone wants em or knows of a grom.... hit me up & make an offer.

I took my Deathwishes out on a pow day today.

Probably 8 inches of fresh this afternoon at the Ghee. I decided to ski some tight places with them. There is no ski I'd rather be on of tree skiing pow. They are the most maneuverable ski I've ever been on.

They aren't as auto piloty as stiffer skis in wide open crud, but holy shit do they do anything in trees and tight places. I don't like to ski tight trees, but I like skiing right trees on my DW. They make me a better skier.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    I want to buy the Deathwish and try it out, but as a WC118 owner I feel like the skis will be so similar that it will be a waste of money.

If Moment had agreed to make a PB&DW it would have been easier to justify.

PS. I know the trip camber is supposed to hold an edge like crazy, but I can hip-drag the hard stuff on my WC's if the tune is sharp-ish. Just sayin'
    I have the WC118s and DW (and DWTs) all in 190.

The WC118 are not similar in my opinion.

I pretty much only take my 118s out on solid double digit days now that I have the DWs

I believe the DWs are the best all around ski I’ve ever owned. The way they grip hard pack but also turn in the trees and float the deep...it’s just hard to explain how versatile they are until you ride them.

Today in the trees:

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    I believe the DWs are the best all around ski I’ve ever owned. The way they grip hard pack but also turn in the trees and float the deep...it’s just hard to explain how versatile they are
    Facts

I picked up a used pair this year and it quickly became my favorite ski. Skis like a sub 106 on firm but punches above its weight on soft snow. The only time they feel weird is when you are skiing slow on groomers, which shouldn’t be often.

I have some 191 kartel 108s and they quickly got relegated to rock ski status after taking out the deathwish. The blister review was on point, pressure the tips and they will rail but they become super slarvy if you ski centered.

Overall if it clicks for you it’s the best all around west of the Rockies ski. Other skis are better for specific conditions but it’s the best wide quiver of 2 ski there is IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums