Ruby Mtn Heli ski deal

I received an email from Ruby Mountain Heli with an early season deal. Not connected with them and never used them, but for the dentists whose stock will be worthless in a few months could be a good place to throw cash.

Here is the content:

2019 Early Season Special

3 Days for $3,500
    Regular price ($5,200)
    The Special Includes:
    All your meals, incredibly prepared breakfasts, lunches, apres' ski hors d'oeuvres and dinners (except dinner the arrival night)
    Three nights lodging, double occupancy based out of our new high-end lodge facility, Ruby 360 Lodge
    Guide service
    Ski rental
    A ski run guarantee of 16 runs during the three day package.
    Airport shuttle to and from Elko Regional Airport to Ruby 360 Lodge

* a limited quantity of single occupancy rooms will be available at Ruby 360 Lodge for an additional fee of $125 per night.
    * Optional arrival night dinner is available on your arrival night prior to the first day of skiing. The arrival night dinner is $50 and can be paid at checkout.
    * Refund policy pro rated for discounted price.
    Dates Available:

Arrive January 20th. Ski/ Board January 21/23. Depart January 23rd after skiing or riding 9 seats available.

Arrive January 24th. Ski/ Board January 25/27. Depart January 27th after skiing or riding 16 seats available.

To book: Call our office 775-753-6867 or book via our website, www.helicopterskiing.com

The Ruby Mountains are currently 120+% of normal snowpack to date.

Only $218.75 per run.....

Never paid for a heli-day and only $10/ride cat pulls at Powder Mountain, but thought it was a good deal relative to the industry (could be way off, not my field).

I get emails from them because asked about a heli bump a while back into the Rubies-they don't offer that without the guide package. Heard good things about the skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Catski prices, for Heli-skiing.

Anyone have experience with this operation? Terrain pretty good and/or varied? Accommodations and food good?

We signed up for stand-by and did a day trip there. Breakfast was top notch. Lodge was pretty fancy. Our guide saw us ski the first run and decided we were good enough and pretty much let us do whatever. Terrain was meh- 20-25 degree open slopes but he found us untracked snow. Don’t forget to add tip to the price which is mandatory and based on retail price. Overall a good experience.

I've been there. Some serious steeps if they have the snow and you have a crew of good enough skiers to hit it. Food/lodging is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    We signed up for stand-by and did a day trip there. Breakfast was top notch. Lodge was pretty fancy. Our guide saw us ski the first run and decided we were good enough and pretty much let us do whatever. Terrain was meh- 20-25 degree open slopes but he found us untracked snow. Don’t forget to add tip to the price which is mandatory and based on retail price. Overall a good experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I've been there. Some serious steeps if they have the snow and you have a crew of good enough skiers to hit it. Food/lodging is awesome!

Humm, does not compute. Maybe Mr Toad went early/late season when the steep terrain wasn't open?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    More like 140-160 per run if you subtract lodging + food.

I have a few friends that are guides out there and they say the terrain can be legit.

The terrain can be full on gnarly and huge depending how far you want to walk and how long you plan on staying. I've been trying to book the high yurt the heli operation runs for years but all interest evaporates on their end when I mention I want to hike my ass up there as opposed to getting flown in...

What’s the snowpack looking like?

I am sure that is a killer deal but how far would that $3500.00 go for a trip to Europe or the like?

Not a Dentist.

Jesus!!!! R/T from Bozeman to Geneva $550-750. The Euro was 1.00-1.14 today.

Maybe I can live like a dentist for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I am sure that is a killer deal but how far would that $3500.00 go for a trip to Europe or the like?
    Agreed on this 1000%.

^^^. We have a winner.

Ssshhhhhhhhh, quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

yup not how I spend my money, but thought for some with short time and lots of cash this might appeal.

I wonder with the 4:1 guide ratio, if you have 4 skilled skiers you can get the 16 drops at locations different than the others on the flight? I think it would be worth the money if you could get the chance to ski sporty terrain. Not for low angle powder.

Ruby Mtn Heli ski deal

4:1 is normal for an AStar at altitude.
    Running 4 groups/ship, they’re not going to be talking you far from the other groups.