WTB Heated socks or insoles

Looking for something older, cheaper and partially used up. Even just the heating elements without batteries could work for me as my roommate is currently dabbling in re-conditioning lithium cells so could be fun to try and peice something together.

The elements are available pretty cheap on the www. So if that's all you need just buy some new (~$30 iirc)

I would think that depending on your and your roomates electronic wizardry getting the old battery case would greatly simplify the plug and circuitry aspects though.

FWIW would love an update on project as you go.
    I do have a couple of dead battery but sorry not willing to part with as I intend to replace cells in them myself someday.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I've got a shoe box I shoved under my tuning bench a couple years ago. I know there is at least 2 (possibly 3) full sets of Hotronic insoles, battery packs, elements etc. All I remember is that if I turned them up enough to help the element felt like it was going to burn a hole in my foot. Tried a couple different insoles etc. finally just tossed in all in a box and forgot about it. Also had a pair for my wife and perhaps my daughter. We all switched to Intuitions and haven't looked back. I can pull out the box and see whats there if your interested.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

I saw those Lenz pfluffenmelster but felt it's a fair price and didn't want to offend with an offer more in my current price range.

UTpowder that sounds great! Send me a message when you dig into that box. I used to have an old pair of hottronics myself (needed them in addition to intuitions) and completely wore them out, I think I sitll have the remnants of that kit around somewhere but haven't seen them in a while. I will redouble my efforts to track them down!

I’ll try to get to them
    Later tonight. My day is
    Booked solid and my receptionist just scheduled me a 2.5 appointment beginning at 5:00 pm. I’m shoveling lunch down quick now. I’ll also have all my chart notes and physician reports to catch up on. So I probably won’t be home until after 10:00.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

can be gaperish but i swear by hotronix....used em working boot pack for patrol and everywhere else....check fleabay...only thing i ever used that really worked
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    I've got a shoe box I shoved under my tuning bench a couple years ago. I know there is at least 2 (possibly 3) full sets of Hotronic insoles, battery packs, elements etc. All I remember is that if I turned them up enough to help the element felt like it was going to burn a hole in my foot. Tried a couple different insoles etc. finally just tossed in all in a box and forgot about it. Also had a pair for my wife and perhaps my daughter. We all switched to Intuitions and haven't looked back. I can pull out the box and see whats there if your interested.
    If you find a pair of two, send me a PM, I would love to get some for my wife's boots. She has cold feet even in spring.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I have some Hottronic S4 heated insoles if you're still looking, batteries and insoles all work as they should, I used working outside for one winter, don't like them in my ski boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksta13 View Post
    I have some Hottronic S4 heated insoles if you're still looking, batteries and insoles all work as they should, I used working outside for one winter, don't like them in my ski boots.
    message me if they are avail?

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    I’ll try to get to them
    Later tonight. My day is
    Booked solid and my receptionist just scheduled me a 2.5 appointment beginning at 5:00 pm. I’m shoveling lunch down quick now. I’ll also have all my chart notes and physician reports to catch up on. So I probably won’t be home until after 10:00.
    Haha I'm currently an unemployed ski bum with nothing but time on my hands.... I'd rather it take a couple days extra than add any more stress to the world!

i need one S4 battery if anybody is holding.....will pay
    www.freeridesystems.com

Got two E4 batteries, older model runs foot beds for a little better then 8 hours if your interested

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksta13 View Post
    Got two E4 batteries, older model runs foot beds for a little better then 8 hours if your interested
    i need to look for sure what i have when i get home, whats newer version, e or s
    www.freeridesystems.com

I’ve got some insole heaters with batteries, charger, the whole shabang. Only used a couple days, I swapped to socks cuz I wanted to use them in multiple boots, and my insoles are all expensive.

my batteries say m4 + i dont know why i was thinking 's'
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I’ve got some insole heaters with batteries, charger, the whole shabang. Only used a couple days, I swapped to socks cuz I wanted to use them in multiple boots, and my insoles are all expensive.
    Interested CJ if OP is not.
    Uno mas

I've got a box of some hotronics laying around. S4 I believe. I'll dig it up for those in this thread looking for parts.

This is awesome! Looks like there are lots kicking around out there. I'm in Canada so if anyone has some north of the border I'll go for those, failing that...

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Sent you a PM Climber Joe