Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    It just took packing my bike through 12’ high alder and Yew brush to get there. The Smokey Ridge (I think that was the name) National Rec trail had enormous potential for loops and a through ride, but... It’s fucked.
    Fuck MAGA, Make Our Trails Great Again!

Yeah, smokey range has been on our club's maintenance list for a few years now. The trail has the potential to be awesome, but access isn't particularly easy, and yeah, it needs a lot of work. One of these summers we'll get it cleared.

We were trying to get approval to connect it in to the trails on the ski hill to make it a bit more accessible. But that got shot down because of bears.

Ok, so this trip is getting closer, and I am looking to do some more ‘fine tune’ planning. Looks like we need some BLM/FS camping options near the Alpine 7 ride. Two families with trailers, developed or not. Anyone know some good spots via PM?
    We also will likely only have one vehicle for the ride, would any of y’all like to join? (That would help the shuttle logistics), or could we hire someone to pick us up?
    Just spitballing here.
    Ride date would be between the 12th or 13th of August (fires willin’ and the creeks don’t rise)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ok, so this trip is getting closer, and I am looking to do some more ‘fine tune’ planning. Looks like we need some BLM/FS camping options near the Alpine 7 ride. Two families with trailers, developed or not. Anyone know some good spots via PM?
    We also will likely only have one vehicle for the ride, would any of y’all like to join? (That would help the shuttle logistics), or could we hire someone to pick us up?
    Just spitballing here.
    Ride date would be between the 12th or 13th of August (fires willin’ and the creeks don’t rise)
    You should be able to camp around the bottom of wire trail or bond creek, no problem. That's all forest service land, so camping is legal, and it's not too steep in there so finding a decent spot shouldn't be too hard. I haven't explored those roads too much, so unfortunately can't give any recs for particularly cool spots.

I'm out of town then, so won't be able to join. I've heard of a guy that'll shuttle you, but no idea how to contact him. Wheaton's cycles night know. I'm sure you could pay the whitefish shuttle guy to drive you, but I bet it'd be pricey since it's at the other end of the valley.

If you can bump your timeline a few days, the local bike club (flathead area mountain bikers) is doing a group ride on napa to wire on August 10. Free to join. Check their website for details.

Just spitballing here.
    Call Cricket at whitefish bike retreat for shuttles and some other options

Dave from banff sent ya

Thanks, guys, that is helpful.
    Kinda locked in on dates.
    Anyone else wanna join?

Anyone available Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th?

Wish I could. Gotta work. A buddy and were planning on doing Alpine 7 on the 17th or 18th, so we'll just miss you.

Wifey REALLY wants me to find someone to do this ride with on Saturday the 17th. Any suggestions for a shop to call or anything? Anyone on here?
    Could I join you guys if you can ride on Saturday?
    Last edited by rideit; 07-29-2019 at 10:14 PM.

I just realized that 24 hours of Flathead is the same weekend and I'm signed up for a team. I'll double check with my buddy and let him know that you are interested in doing the ride with him if he does it!

Seth

Wifey REALLY wants me to find someone to do this ride with on Saturday the 17th. Any suggestions for a shop to call or anything? Anyone on here?
    Could I join you guys if you can ride on Saturday?
    ask cricket at whitefish bike retreat, or glacier cycle. if anyone knows....

You could try asking here

https://www.facebook.com/FlatheadAreaMountainBikers/

You're a week late for the organized ride up there unfortunately

I left a message on their Facebook page, but I didn’t see an open forum to connect with other riders.

Oh sorry I thought that was a group and not a page. There is a missoula group, and you might get some interest from down here, but I want to say there's some sort of flathead area one too.