Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Glad your out. Real food and even more important real coffee goes a long way
    I couldn't get a straight answer about regular coffee on the cardiac diet. Some docs said no problem and some said it's a no go.

Boy were my dogs happy when I got home

I bet . Good to see the fur beasts
    Coffee was the elixir I needed to counter act the bad things pain meds do. I guess there’s other methods for that though

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Woohoo I'm home!!! What an ordeal. Now it's time for the (many) months long recovery from the mistake they made. It may be as much as a month before I can even consider beginning the cardiac rehab part. I'll try to get some pics of the hematoma on my lower back for y'all tomorrow if I can stand up long enough.
    Right on GL! Keep that mind moving forward man

@grinch I bailed on pain meds other than Tylenol. Pretty much everything else messes with me one way or another.

Thanks JS.

@grinch I bailed on pain meds other than Tylenol. Pretty much everything else messes with me one way or another.

Thanks JS.
    You're more man than I am for both surviving a heart attack and pledging to get through it. Sound like you've got a strong spirit, and that's something to hold onto throughout your recovery.

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital. Look forward to hearing updates about the recovery and your eventual return to the outdoors.

Yo Gravitylover!
    How’s life on the mend going? Hoping for a good 2019 for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Hey JM thanks for asking. Things are moving along pretty well. I'm probably pushing a bit harder than some would like me to but I'm getting bored out of my mind mostly sitting around waiting to get better. Unfortunately it looks like insurance is not going to approve cardiac rehab so I'm doing what feels right. I'm really hoping that when I go back to the cardiologist in 2 weeks he says I can start to do more than just walk around where it's flat and warm. I feel like my muscle tone is fading away but on the upside I've dropped at least 15 pounds.

Hey JM thanks for asking. Things are moving along pretty well. I'm probably pushing a bit harder than some would like me to but I'm getting bored out of my mind mostly sitting around waiting to get better. Unfortunately it looks like insurance is not going to approve cardiac rehab so I'm doing what feels right. I'm really hoping that when I go back to the cardiologist in 2 weeks he says I can start to do more than just walk around where it's flat and warm. I feel like my muscle tone is fading away but on the upside I've dropped at least 15 pounds.
    Vibes++++++ been there, hip surgery most recently. We shall try to keep ya entertained here. Need any movie or book recommendations ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Vibes++++++ been there, hip surgery most recently. We shall try to keep ya entertained here. Need any movie or book recommendations ?
    How's that recovery going? This place has been entertaining me for a looong time. Nah too much good vid and too many pics are actually depressing me a bit, heck just walking past my bikes on the way out of the house is too.

I remember before the holidays we were both talking about the need to drop a few pounds in that what happened thread. That was a pretty brutal way to get it done. Good luck with getting back at it. I know it must be suffocating to have your wings clipped unable to get out as much as you'd like and the physical challenges ahead with major rehab. Sounds like you have the right attitude to tackle it. Crazy the way so many of us seemingly active folks in our 50s drop from heart attacks. Scares the hell out of me every time I hear about another friend or acquaintance having it happen to them too. Life's short, live every day like it could be your last.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!