Moment blunt tip shape vs. BD skin tip loop?

Anyone tell me how the BD tip loop works on the blunt, fat Moment tips? Do you have to get the oversize loop, or can you get by with the standard loop opened up all the way? Other than that it looks like G3 is the way to go.

are you buying new skins? I assume if they are wide skins the tip loops would be oversized

due to shape and width variation you would have to test them

IME calling BD they answer that kind of question reallly fast
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The moment touring skis have a more skin friendly tip shape. But for the regular moments, my bd loops didn't work great. They were all either too small or too big - the square tip and minimal taper means the sizing needs to be fairly spot on. I made a custom loop out of a metal clothes hanger that works great.

That ^^ would be the cheapest way

I made custom loops out of SS aircraft cable & the appropriate crimp connectors from the local building supply for a few bucks and then I cut the G3 hooks off and just fold the skin back to stick to itself so that skin can still fit everything from a 160 to a 190

these chi-chi tip treatments to hold the tips of climbing skins on yer ski are a perfect solution to a problem that didn't exist
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know