Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hero 7 Thread

I'm getting TMJ just thinking about that...

andrew's doing a gopro steep & deep camp this week so I'll ask him to chime in here after he geeks out with the gopro tech guys this wk
    skid luxury

I had to google TMJ.... hopefully I don't get rad brah induced TMJ.

RE: 7 Smooth

You're probably right, as I was looking at higher frame rates like 50p with 4:3 2.7k and things like that. I think the higher resolutions with 4:3 aspect maybe didn't have enough room to crop for the EIS, to get hypersmooth. I was satisfied with 2.7k at 50p.

RE: Arms

I do remember somebody talking about driving a bus while skiing when I was a child...

I don't really like that either, it's like a gopro chest mount, minus the puke inducing camera angle changes. I'm gonna try and angle it a little more out and away from my body. Or I could invert it and it would go between my eyes.

Name:  cross-eyed-steve-buscemi.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  24.1 KB

I can also crop in, as this was as wide as the viewpoint would go without distortion, but it's wider than a gopro.

Update slightly away from my body,

Not much better. I guess I'll try cross eyed technique.

This was at 50p, so I through in a few speed ramps. The quality is still good at 50p 4k vs 30p 5.7k. (360 resolution)

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    andrew's doing a gopro steep & deep camp this week so I'll ask him to chime in here after he geeks out with the gopro tech guys this wk
    Cool. In his post from last month Andrew also mentioned this guy Abe Kislevitz as a good source of tech geekery. He definitely goes full geek: http://abekislevitz.com/gopro-hero7-black/

Hero 7 Thread

Fun fact: Abe drew the graphics for the original 4FRNT MSP models for six or seven years while he was going to school at USC

...wish I could ski like that!