Kingpins sent in...to the black hole of recall

Sent mine in in early October thru the local REI. They have contacted Marker a number of times and the response (from Marker) is "backordered, no idea when in stock". Fuckers

It's been reassuring to see Marker reclaim their previous reputation over the past year or so.

"I'm going to crank these down, you Marker out and we don't win it" - TJ Burke, 1994

Kingpins sent in...to the black hole of recall

Sent some back right around thanksgiving and picked up the new toes last week.

For sale if anyone is looking

we sent ours back in late Oct and got them back a couple wks ago- that was through a local ski shop. wonder if the size of REI makes a diff
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    "I'm going to crank these down, you Marker out and we don't win it" - TJ Burke, 1994

might need to watch aspen extreme again this weekend
    skid luxury

And people still have a hard on for Kingpins, not like there are other options like the Tectons... At least the Tecton's problems would have the ski coming off your foot while you're riding.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Sent a set back in October, got the new toe pieces inside 2 weeks. Alpine Options at Sugarbush VT made short work of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app

Last I was told, warranty replacement timelines are 6-8 weeks out, but Markers even been Markering that...

OP,

Given it's REI, I'd tell them to go ahead and just change it to a return.

Likely could then just immediately purchase new Kingpins from them (if they still carry/you're still interested), or go with another option. We all know they are several.

Others,

Anyone know closest REI to where OP lives? I'm looking at going to a scratch & dent sale soon

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    marker sucks bump
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

still waiting on my too! kinda crazy eh?

I would use the term dissapointing more than crazy.

Mine arrived today: maybe a little TGR karma. Couldn't return them, did not get them there but was told by Marker they HAD to go thru a local retailer for the recall. It wasn't like REI was going to fix them...just ship them. They would not let me ship them myself.

Can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Mine arrived today: maybe a little TGR karma. Couldn't return them, did not get them there but was told by Marker they HAD to go thru a local retailer for the recall. It wasn't like REI was going to fix them...just ship them. They would not let me ship them myself.

Can't make this stuff up.
    That’s not an uncommon practice in the ski industry.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.