Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Honestly you can always change your ramp if the boot is too stiff. No point in making the boot softer if your already in the position you need to be.

Clog is it this area? Didn't find a good translation for ”clog”...

clog = lower part of the boot

the part you circled in pics#1, lower the top of that by 5mm

Making Boots Less Stiff??

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    clog = lower part of the boot

the part you circled in pics#1, lower the top of that by 5mm
    Ok, thanks!

This spoiler thats velcroed, looks like there is alignment marks or something on it, is this instead of cuff alignment that the cochise is missing? Gonna try remove it and see if it gets any softer...

Is it possible to remove some plastic in the "v"
    Or is it better to remove at the clog? The marks on the clog are they for guidance?

Skickat från min G8341 via Tapatalk

start with 5mm on the clog.

ribs are just got her pleasure

hi. i'm more or less set on the Cochise boot after trying it in a shop.

I'm 5ft9 and weigh only 145 lbs (cyclist). I definitely don't need/want a 130 flex. however i'm looking for smooth , damp flex. should I go with the 130 and cut the clog (and benefit of the better powerstrap) or should I simply go for the 120 (with the grilamid cuff, to which some people refer to as harsher) . I do NOT care about the 100g weight gain of the 120 vs 130
    bonus question : what is the difference between full and half sizes in the Cochise is that only the insole or is it the bootboard / liner ?

do both 120 and 130 come with spoilers ?

how much stiffness would one loose by cutting the clog by 5 mm's as suggested ? +- 10 points ? any comment from the OP ?

Compared to a Mach 1 130 the Cochise 130 feels significantly softer. To me the Cochise 130 feels closer to a 110 flex.

I know nothing about the Cochise 120, but if the plastic has a harsher feel, go 130 and make it softer if you need to.

Have you considered gaining weight yourself?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by slashy View Post
    hi. i'm more or less set on the Cochise boot after trying it in a shop.

I'm 5ft9 and weigh only 145 lbs (cyclist). I definitely don't need/want a 130 flex. however i'm looking for smooth , damp flex. should I go with the 130 and cut the clog (and benefit of the better powerstrap) or should I simply go for the 120 (with the grilamid cuff, to which some people refer to as harsher) . I do NOT care about the 100g weight gain of the 120 vs 130
    bonus question : what is the difference between full and half sizes in the Cochise is that only the insole or is it the bootboard / liner ?

do both 120 and 130 come with spoilers ?

how much stiffness would one loose by cutting the clog by 5 mm's as suggested ? +- 10 points ? any comment from the OP ?
    I removed about 8mm and I have skied after. Did not feel any noticeable difference. Going for 5mm more.

Skickat från min G8341 via Tapatalk

Regarding making it less stiff, the only things that have ever worked for me are:
    1) change positions often
    2) focus on the journey, not the destination
    3) use a desensitizing lotion
    4) distract yourself (think about baseball stats)

But if all that fails, just extend foreplay next time.

I got me the 130's. will report back once I get some days in. regarding gaining weight, I try but I get even skinnier over the summer (cycling is a bitch :-) )

Follow up to this thread for a data point in case anyone is having similar issues- I removed the spoilers from my boots and everything is so much better.

Without the spoiler I have a much more neutral stance and from that stance I'm able to more easily flex into the boot. The flex feels way more progressive.

With the spoiler, I felt like I was already pretty forward in the boot and was pushing up against an incredibly stiff flex.

End result is that the removal of the spoiler has changed the geometry of the boot and made it a lot more ergonomic for me. My legs are very happy with the neutral stance (I used to get cramps in my thighs and calves from being forward all the time), I'm able to flex into my boots more which makes it feels like I'm better able to drive my skis.

I'd still probably prefer a slightly less stiff boot for skiing bumps or making jump turns in tight terrain, but so far I'm three ski days into this change and very stoked.