Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Anyone able to compare Nocta to the 186 raven Renegade? They seem similar ish on paper
    one step forward, no step backward

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    Anyone able to compare Nocta to the 186 raven Renegade? They seem similar ish on paper
    Nocta has larger sweet spot than renegade for sure. Nocta is a little less directional also but not quite as quick. It’s a a different ski

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Nocta stoke Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9736.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	314452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9737.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	681.2 KB 
ID:	314453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9738.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	292.5 KB 
ID:	314454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9739.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	254.6 KB 
ID:	314455

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I skied the orange 2018 in 185. I need more length or I’m just not new school. Great easy ski just had some issues in deeper pow. Great on groomers but I tend to ski more directional skis. Is BG directional? Anyways if you can get a good deal try em.
    I'm 5'10", 185lbs and tried the 185's mounted on the line. Snow was thigh deep low density, just a hair right side up. Tips didn't plane but skis felt fun and pivoty. Skied the same snow the next day on my 174 k2 darksides, tips planed, skis floated notably better.

Measuring the nocta's tip rocker, it's just too low, imo.

I'm makin' some tip extenders for a heliski guide I work with reporting similar feelings. I'll report back on results in deep snow.
    Master of mediocrity.

I haven't gotten them in waist deep blower but I've had a handful of boot top to knee deep days in Tahoe. 5'11", 175 here and never experienced dive or planing issues. I think the issue of planing comes from skiing them like a cambered ski and pressuring the tips more than necessary rather than staying centered and light on the feet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    I haven't gotten them in waist deep blower but I've had a handful of boot top to knee deep days in Tahoe. 5'11", 175 here and never experienced dive or planing issues. I think the issue of planing comes from skiing them like a cambered ski and pressuring the tips more than necessary rather than staying centered and light on the feet IMO.
    Being previously warned about the potential lack of planing/float in specific snow conditions i tried a bunch of tweaks to technique to see if things changed during my testing. Nothing changed, skis felt the same. Full back seat driving, centered stance, more upright boot forward lean, changed flex of boots from stiff to medium to super soft, etc... Setting boot flex to super soft DID help a tiny bit, but the inherent feel of the skis remained the same. Just my experience, and I'm a total hater of skis that don't have hot air balloon float from the front of the skis, so, inherently biased and whiny. Plus, it was really, really deep....

Name:  P1120250.JPG
Views: 789
Size:  52.6 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Going from 185 to 190 made a huge difference for me, FWIW. They float in deep pow just fine and I love the deep but subtle rocker profile.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

For sure, not discounting your (and others’) experience just saying I haven’t experienced it yet. Could be the difference in snowpack depth, density, style, etc. All that being said, I had a pair of custom Praxis made and I listed my Noctas in GS (shameless plug).

I'm looking at a pair of these in a 185, any advice where to mount them?
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.