Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    This thread explains the whole mass shooting thing in america
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

have to get the west then!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Same thoughts here.

What's old is new again, there was Highway Starr until big corporate shutdown epic ski. He returns here with a new name and a new angle.
    Highway Star is alive and well in Sprockets living as Jonny Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    I myself am a very frustrated EC skier and I've been rather salty the past few days. Conditions went to shit right before the holidays. Seems to happen quite often here. The key to enjoying the East is flexibility, You really hav to get it while its good. If you're a dumb piece of shit like myself and the OP, who live in NYC and work like suckers, then you're pretty much screwed.

This year I'm saying fuck it. Fuck it to everything. Fuck my family, my friends, my job. When it snows, I'm getting in my car and I'm going skiing. Here's to getting fired!
    That's the spirit, fuck 'em all!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That's the spirit, fuck 'em all!
    Fuck em all, but six.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2273.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	265.5 KB 
ID:	261619

It could be worse. You could be in the midwest.
    Though the people are nicer and an Applebees is never far away if you need a drink.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

especially if you're into tits and fast cars and like country music.

That'd be a great song title.

Can someone familiar with Soul 7's confirm they'd work better in the softer snow out west?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    2/3 ain’t bad pardner
    Why don't you like tits?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    Did you read my post?

Like I said, this is the norm. Last year was the same. Did about 25 days in the East. Constant trail closures.

Also, wtf does weather have to do with trail closures? Lift closures, sure. Trail closures?

Why is one closed and the two right next to it open dispite smae coverage?

Yeah, yeah its my fault for wanting to ski. Forgot. My bad.
    when the snow is washed off the trail in a 50 degree temp rain deluge last friday, it matters

there are actually a couple of good restaurants in rutland. i was shocked

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    when the snow is washed off the trail in a 50 degree temp rain deluge last friday, it matters
    when you've never worked at a mountain or just don't know the inner workings of what it takes to run a ski resort, It's easy to think of it like Disney Land and assume it all happens as if..by magic. I bet Do Work has some good stories. Like my friend's brother's snotty kid telling us he was gonna sue the mountain because the conditions were so bad ( his mom & dad are both attorneys, the kid is 8. Funny, but sad. another future whiny rich douchebag on the hill)
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Someone send this thread to that Wintry Mix podcast guy

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That'd be a great song title.

Can someone familiar with Soul 7's confirm they'd work better in the softer snow out west?
    You fool! Soul 7s are the pinnacle of ski design. There is nowhere they aren't optimal.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I will demo some then. Look for my upcoming review in Tech Talk.

As fortune would have it, I will be at Hunter in two weekends. I will see if there are any shops at the base where I can demo this pinnacle of design.

OP: Cathay Pacific business class redeye JFK to YVR, 2hr drive to Whistler, dinner at Araxi, stay at the Fairmont, ski 2 days and back to work on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I will demo some then. Look for my upcoming review in Tech Talk.

As fortune would have it, I will be at Hunter in two weekends. I will see if there are any shops at the base where I can demo this pinnacle of design.
    Oh for sure you need to demo some Soul 7’s, be sure to remind everyone on the lift that you have a pair of DPs lotus’ mounted with radicals for the deeeeep. When you return the skis don’t forget to add in a loud clear voice “well, I liked them, but I don’t think they’ll float in the packed powder, and they seem a bit heavy for touring.”

No one from down here, wants to go to canaduh, ever.
    Canaduh hates us, the favorite pastime in that lame-ass country, is shitting on the states.

Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    OP: Cathay Pacific business class redeye JFK to YVR, 2hr drive to Whistler, dinner at Araxi, stay at the Fairmont, ski 2 days and back to work on Monday.
    38f and raining in the village this Saturday. It's never fun to ride a lift up in the rain to get to the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    I’m thinking the OP is the same m troll who posted “what ski to buy” threads and complained about Kirkwood’s “heavy snow”.... if so, bravo for figuring out how to actually create a username....
    It crossed my mind, but that guy was relentless. So much fun.

Now this guy has gone quiet. Makes me think he might be real. But the food comment was a bit over the top.

Headed to KW tomorrow. No snow on the forecast. Nothing to complain about. And the food is. The valley is pretty damn shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Or JFK to Calgary, drive 90 min to Banff, stay at Fairmont (Chateau Lake Louise or Banff Springs), ski Louise, Sunshine and Norquay without much risk of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    I myself am a very frustrated EC skier and I've been rather salty the past few days. Conditions went to shit right before the holidays. Seems to happen quite often here. The key to enjoying the East is flexibility, You really hav to get it while its good. If you're a dumb piece of shit like myself and the OP, who live in NYC and work like suckers, then you're pretty much screwed.

This year I'm saying fuck it. Fuck it to everything. Fuck my family, my friends, my job. When it snows, I'm getting in my car and I'm going skiing. Here's to getting fired!
    Amen bro- I’m right there as well, see you up there.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Or JFK to Calgary, drive 90 min to Banff, stay at Fairmont (Chateau Lake Louise or Banff Springs), ski Louise, Sunshine and Norquay without much risk of rain.
    Yup - these are good plans! Also good plan = drive 8 hours after it snows not after it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    LE TiT SNOW for $400 Alex
    Baaahahahahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by bbergey View Post
    Yup - these are good plans! Also good plan = drive 8 hours after it snows not after it rains.
    aka I feel like a dumbass but I'm gonna blame on the ski resort. there's a reason they have blackout dates on your pass aka you don't wanna suffer through holiday weeks
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    The dragon eats its own tail...

Also, curiously, "acer" is the genus to which Maple belongs and is a mis-spelling of acre, the unit of measurement. My point being, for a guy who's pissed at the east coast, you're very much in tune with the trees there.
    Also noteworthy is how he spelled “verticle” so that it resembles “testicle”.