Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Welcome to the Jongle.

We got fun and games.

CBJong is your new nick name.

Is there any resort in the world that can guarantee having all pistes open at any given time? Is this really an issue with east coast resorts or is the op just an entitled douche?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an excellent post.
    A truly artful troll. Near perfection. But the food thing just made it too perfect. And reality is never perfect. As a NYC region native transplanted in Maine for many years, I can tell you that Pizza and Chinese food remains an issue- the problem is real. But even a New Yorker wouldn't bother complaining about ski area food. Creating a good troll is a balancing act, and you went just a hair over the top.
    But thank you for the effort, and the entertainment.

(In the highly unlikely chance that this is real- I speak on behalf of the entire state: We are really going to miss you.)

Maybe the OP should take his complaints to the snowmakers, groomers, and patrollers at the 'Loaf... I bet they'd love to knock some sense into him after the the weekend they've all had.

I'm a former east coast skier who now lives in Colorado and who has skied a 100ish days in The Dolomites. I think East Coast skiing is underrated. Especially if you are willing to climb for good snow. The key is timing and not whining. If you are "so done" with east coast skiing you probably just don't like skiing very much, or have some perverted expectations.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SnowbirdDevotee View Post
    A few years ago we decided a trip to VT was finally due. Lots of snow before, then right on schedule it rained 5 days before then temps crashed to high of 10F for our stay. We like to ski moguls and they were rock-hard and dangerous to even pick your way through.

Saying that, I am going to get more Pocono/Catskill skiing in this year, but I am going to pick my days.
    Hear hear...

A few years back I mistakenly skied front moguls at Cannon after a thaw/freeze....solid ice 2-3’ troughs. It was about as dangerous as anything else iveskied. I crashed and destroyed my thumb ligaments....couldn’t hold anything for about 6mos.

I go the Poconos pretty often....I call it: practice.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Yep, that's why they close trails nowadays until they can groom or things soften up again.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Yep, that's why they close trails nowadays until they can groom or things soften up again.
    To be fair to me, I only blamed myself and didn’t sue anyone.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I just hiked up Magic and skied down on 4 inches of sublime fluff over a well-groomed base. Did I ski any of the black diamond trails? No, I did not, that would just be stupid. Merry Christmas to all (especially me). Sorry [not sorry] you didn't join me CB.

Edited to add that the mountain ops crew was out in force making snow, grooming, and getting things ready for tomorrow. Merry Christmas to them and their families.

I’m thinking the OP is the same m troll who posted “what ski to buy” threads and complained about Kirkwood’s “heavy snow”.... if so, bravo for figuring out how to actually create a username....
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

^^^
    He does have a thread where he mentions buying some awfully chick like skis

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    ...so why are lift tickets the same price then?
    So you don’t work in the financial sector; got it.

Also, wtf does weather have to do with trail closures?
    sig worthy

Did you read my post?
    only for lulz
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Captain obvious here: a great ski day requires a bit of magic. (capital M if you be so inclined). Many variables: life, love, job, money, time, gear, and yea weather. Ski sites were originally about, at least in part, sharing beta. Pro tip: paying attention improves your odds.

EC stoke rocks.

I figured Greg would find this thread sooner or later so...

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi ChaseBrooklyn! May I suggest that instead of the overrated, overhyped and overpriced Colorado Rockies, head to the northeast and you will find better snow due to the cold temperatures, more consistant snowfall as well as superior snowmaking(and LOTS of water for the snowmaking systems) as well as a truly more enriching urban and mountain lifestyle. The northeast is the home of the gnarliest snowriding on the North American continent! In addition to the superior intellectual urban environments and lifestyles, you will have easy access to great mountain experiences like Killington, Vermont where the snowriding terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") the snow and weather are underrated, and the setting is lush and green! If you can shred here, you can shred ANYWHERE. When you score your first Killington powder day in "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! There is lift-serviced mountain biking in the summer and the autumn colors are unmacthed anywhere on the planet. I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , TTip-ers, NewSchoolers, Epicureans, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

just wish more people thought eastcoast skiing sucked

Wow, Gregs really stepping up his shit talking. CO is dry AND stupid? Could have sworn there were some good schools there.

Is this Brooklyn JONGer has gotta be an alias. If he's that dumb and entitled, he shouldn't have made it through the registration prosess with more than an m series name.

I DEMAND THE MOUNTAIN BE FULLY OPEN BEFORE CHRISTMAS. THERE ARE NO GOOD RESTAURANTS IN NEW ENGLAND.
    I left 11 years ago and can still confidently say this urban hipster dickhead is wrong about everything. And if he's one of the autistic alii from Rutland, also still go fuck yourself.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Taking bets on who's alias this is. The consummate NYer that complains that ya can't foind a decent bagel in Vermont. Sits at the bar telling everyone he's "from the city" and how aspen and vail are so much better than Sugarloaf. Stick to stratton and killington, you'll find your ilk to whine with.
    I think you need to find alpinezone.com, you won't get heckled there. nominate for Jong of the year. DSM got nuthin on this kid.
    Merry Merry, Oi Vai
    silly wabbit https://www.huntermtn.com/mountain-info/snow-report/
    Yeah, you should have seen the look on the “barista’s” face when I ordered my morning cup of joe... Like, she literally had never even heard of a goat’s milk macchiato!

Might as well have been speaking Greek to these poor peasants. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi ChaseBrooklyn! May I suggest that you shouldn't be so hasty to condemn the wonderful skiing the northeast offers? The rain and refreeze this week made some terrain downright treacherous and the area management "did the right thing" by limiting access to some of the terrain. I think that you may also have "cabin fever", being at Sugarloaf on Christmas eve, you should of thought about the "food" angle beforehand, as many establishments are closing so that their employees can enjoy Christmas eve and Christmas. Perhaps you could have brought a cooler and prepared some meals in your room? All in all, the conditions are actually more dependable and consistent to anything you will find in the west due to the superior snowmaking. Also the terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the setting is Norman Rockwell-esque!
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all of the lurkers and non-lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile hypocritical guttersniping at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    Preserved for the posterity of excess italics and quotation marks.
    No longer stuck.

Hi ChaseBrooklyn! May I suggest that you shouldn't be so hasty to condemn the wonderful skiing the northeast offers? The rain and refreeze this week made some terrain downright treacherous and the area management "did the right thing" by limiting access to some of the terrain. I think that you may also have "cabin fever", being at Sugarloaf on Christmas eve, you should of thought about the "food" angle beforehand, as many establishments are closing so that their employees can enjoy Christmas eve and Christmas. Perhaps you could have brought a cooler and prepared some meals in your room? All in all, the conditions are actually more dependable and consistent to anything you will find in the west due to the superior snowmaking. Also the terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the setting is Norman Rockwell-esque!
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all of the lurkers and non-lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile hypocritical guttersniping at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

So Done With the East Coast

Wow, Gregs really stepping up his shit talking. CO is dry AND stupid? Could have sworn there were some good schools there.

Is this Brooklyn JONGer has gotta be an alias. If he's that dumb and entitled, he shouldn't have made it through the registration prosess with more than an m series name.

I DEMAND THE MOUNTAIN BE FULLY OPEN BEFORE CHRISTMAS. THERE ARE NO GOOD RESTAURANTS IN NEW ENGLAND.
    I left 11 years ago and can still confidently say this urban hipster dickhead is wrong about everything. And if he's one of the autistic alii from Rutland, also still go fuck yourself.
    Greg is stupid. The Denver/Boulder/FC area has one of the highest concentration of smart/highly educated people in the Country. Not to mention CO School of Mines is often ranked higher than MIT for engineering.

"food" or food?
    No longer stuck.

good god, I remember something about Rutland...yes a few laughs were had at your expense..apologies and the answer is "no"...funny thread though

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by HHTELE View Post
    A truly artful troll. Near perfection. But the food thing just made it too perfect. And reality is never perfect. As a NYC region native transplanted in Maine for many years, I can tell you that Pizza and Chinese food remains an issue- the problem is real. But even a New Yorker wouldn't bother complaining about ski area food. Creating a good troll is a balancing act, and you went just a hair over the top.
    But thank you for the effort, and the entertainment.

(In the highly unlikely chance that this is real- I speak on behalf of the entire state: We are really going to miss you.)
    Same thoughts here.

What's old is new again, there was Highway Starr until big corporate shutdown epic ski. He returns here with a new name and a new angle.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

I myself am a very frustrated EC skier and I've been rather salty the past few days. Conditions went to shit right before the holidays. Seems to happen quite often here. The key to enjoying the East is flexibility, You really hav to get it while its good. If you're a dumb piece of shit like myself and the OP, who live in NYC and work like suckers, then you're pretty much screwed.

This year I'm saying fuck it. Fuck it to everything. Fuck my family, my friends, my job. When it snows, I'm getting in my car and I'm going skiing. Here's to getting fired!