Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    I never got that either. Like you are crossing an ocean already and the extra 3 hours in plane to get out West is to much?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    You have to read the conditions and upcoming weather know when to go and when to avoid...
    This is the cliff notes version of A Skiers Guide to the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know what's funny? The British. For many years, they have been coming to Killington from about mid February into March in groups. Weird, huh? (Lately I've been thinking our mother nation is a tad senile) They could easily go to hundreds of places in Europe. Hell, airfare over there is really cheap, and, even if they're flight phobic, they could take a train. Or, why not just take an extra sleeping pill and fly to Denver? But, they like Killington. Strange. Maybe the bad food agrees with them.
    must be for the hot italian jersey babes man
    27° 18°

You know what's funny? The British. For many years, they have been coming to Killington from about mid February into March in groups. Weird, huh? (Lately I've been thinking our mother nation is a tad senile) They could easily go to hundreds of places in Europe. Hell, airfare over there is really cheap, and, even if they're flight phobic, they could take a train. Or, why not just take an extra sleeping pill and fly to Denver? But, they like Killington. Strange. Maybe the bad food agrees with them.
    The traditional British ski package vacation.

Has very little to do with actual skiing.

I'm sure the east coast is priced far lower and attracts those who have no clue.. Probably paired with a trip to large east coast city for shopping and eating at chain restaurants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    .. why the Greens can be open but not the Blacks.
    ... 'cause they haven`t gotten over the 60s.

When I was working at Gore in 90’s, we had a 60 person group of Mongolians show up one February..... Mongolians all the way from fucking Mongolia!

That must’ve been one hellava brochure we sent them.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    When I was working at Gore in 90’s, we had a 60 person group of Mongolians show up one February..... Mongolians all the way from fucking Mongolia!

lol. were they stoked???

On the whole flying overseas thing, I agree it’s viable for longer trips. My typical west coast trip involves flying out after working all day on Thurs or Fri, skiing two or three full days, then a red eye back to NY and straight to the office on Monday morning. I can make that work to Seattle, Denver, Reno, Tahoe, SLC, even Vancouver. Haven’t quite found a European destination that has the combination of flight times and convenient drive/train times to really make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    lol. were they stoked???
    They now work in Troy as sex slaves at massage parlors.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wow, Boone. We're aiming lower and lower in this thread. Who's going to talk up that hill in Jersey next?
    Actually quite a bit HIGHER (elevation) than anything else lift served east of the Rockies. Look it up jong! Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Actually quite a bit HIGHER (elevation) than anything else lift served east of the Rockies. Look it up jong! Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain..
    As a resident of NC you sir are on optimist.

There is an entire thread devoted to this. For $75 a day this can all be yours.

http://www.skisugar.com/sugarlive/

So Done With the East Coast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    legend in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by surface whore View Post

legend in my own mind

meh.... looks mediocre at best.

meh.... looks mediocre at best.
    But that pole position sure is purty!

Took me more than 30 mins to get there, im gonna have to pass.

Are there many British people?

Strangely there are. My guess is it is the combination of very good snow making and grooming for reliable intermediates coupled with the service that Brits come to NE resorts instead of Europe.

They've Brexited... Gotta go somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The traditional British ski package vacation.

Has very little to do with actual skiing.

I'm sure the east coast is priced far lower and attracts those who have no clue.. Probably paired with a trip to large east coast city for shopping and eating at chain restaurants.
    Yeah, but.....but.....I can't believe it's cheaper. Trans Atlantic flight and transport to slopes? Compared to Euro budget airlines? Less time, too. Sure, there's checking out Boston or NYC, but this has been going on for thirty years, at least, so how many times can you go to Manhattan in the winter? Lift tickets are probably about the same in a package. God, the food sucks, or at least isnt something to look forward to. I dunno.......jezuz, Chamonix or Tignes in one hand, Killington in the other......duh....

Do they hate the rest of Europe, especially the French, that much?

Forgot to fall back on the old, "how many people travel from the west to ski the east vs. the other way around" bit. Yeah, I meet people all the time on lifts in the east from Denver and SLC and Portland. Saved their pennies.

Forgot to fall back on the old, "how many people travel from the west to ski the east vs. the other way around" bit. Yeah, I meet people all the time on lifts in the east from Denver and SLC and Portland. Saved their pennies.
    no one will ever accuse you of lacking the courage to take a brave stand.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Uhhh... like.... Portland is already in Maine, so it really wouldn't be that uncommon to meet folks from there on lifts in the East. Your west coast bias is fully exposed!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Strangely there are. My guess is it is the combination of very good snow making and grooming for reliable intermediates coupled with the service that Brits come to NE resorts instead of Europe.
    It was a joke to Bob about Alpy.

That's sorta like asking, "Who, in their right mind, that lives on the Front Range, goes to Eldora instead of a *real* resort?"