Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    bro it's christmas

make the best of things your not in nyc
    I'd invite you to colorado but this place sucks dick, ever stand in line for an hr to get on a lift or take five hours to drive somewhere that should only take one hr?
    I would have a panic attack if that happened and TGR would hear all about it.

Merry Xmas to you too;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Are you drinking right now?

You sound angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Jong post of the year and just under the wire
    Thanks. Now that I have some Jong recognition, things are gonna start changing around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    And wtf is Jong? Dont get the reference cause I’m new here.
    The dragon eats its own tail...

Also, curiously, "acer" is the genus to which Maple belongs and is a mis-spelling of acre, the unit of measurement. My point being, for a guy who's pissed at the east coast, you're very much in tune with the trees there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Approaching troll level. Maybe passed.
    Ahh, yeah good call.

Yeah, ice aint no fun, but when its all you got it all you got.

Big Jong
    Classic sense of entitlement.

It's called risk management. A number of folks have died from skiing groomers, because of losing control. You may be able to ski the icy terrain, but others may not.

Additionally, they could be preserving certain trails for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, because of the recent rain.

Yes, weather, does in fact play a role. I agree, the prices are shitty for east coast skiing, but sometimes you've just got to enjoy what you're presented with.

I just wish all east coast skiers would only ski the east. Shitty thread.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

....but when its all you got it all you got....
    exactly!
    merry christmas east side

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by aepeak View Post

It's called risk management. A number of folks have died from skiing groomers, because of losing control. You may be able to ski the icy terrain, but others may not.

Additionally, they could be preserving certain trails for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, because of the recent rain.

Yes, weather, does in fact play a role. I agree, the prices are shitty for east coast skiing, but sometimes you've just got to enjoy what you're presented with.
    Yeah, I get you, but what I’m saying is that I don’t buy it that all these trails are closed due to ice. It happens too often even in normal conditions...

Case in point, spent a week last Xmas at Killington. We got 6” the first night, 5” the second. It was my girlfriends first time skiing so I wanted it to be fun for her which is why I chose Killington because of its size and they have a super long Green called Juggernaut that is perfect for beginners. It was closed all 5 days we were there despite optimal, albeit cold, conditions...not to mention a shit ton of other trails.

It’s not just a black diamond thing, it’s always like this and I think it’s due to poor management, lack of resources, etc... like they don’t have enough ski patrol, etc...

Whiteface in particular. A lifty told me straight up they only open the far side of the mountain during the weekend due to staffing, lift expenses, etc... said it was just too expensive to run it all week... so why are lift tickets the same price then?

Call me Jong all you want, can’t call me a sucker though.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I just wish all east coast skiers would only ski the east. Shitty thread.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Looks like Santa isn’t coming down your chimney this year. Boo hoo

Maybe Deer Valley is more your speed?

Quote Originally Posted by aepeak View Post
    I must have missed the part about entitlement...

Maybe you should look up the definition of entitlement. I dont think you understand what it means.

I expect (demand) to receive the goods and services I pay for. I guess I cant expect a beta to understand that though.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Maybe Deer Valley is more your speed?
    Now you’re talking!!!

Did you read my post? Try again. The whole thing!.
    I tried. I got through most of the whiney-ass crap, but couldn’t get past that “drove 8hrs from NYC” part.

Let’s review. You choose to live a gazillion miles from any decent skiing, so don’t go very often and have to plan the livin’ shit out of every trip (regardless of weather patterns). And then whine mightily on a skiers forum when the “experience” isn’t orgasmic.

It’s obvious - Ullr (and Jesus) hates you

Y Killington. It was my girlfriends first time, so I wanted it to be fun for her which is why I gave her 6" the first night, 5" the second . Super long Green Johnson, she called me the Juggernaut, which is why I am perfect for a beginner. Poopenhousen was closed all 5 days we were there despite optimal, albeit cold, conditions...not to mention a lack of shit due to no good places to eat.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I tried. I got through most of the whiney-ass crap, but couldn’t get past that “drove 8hrs from NYC” part.

Let’s review. You choose to live a gazillion miles from any decent skiing, so don’t go very often and have to plan the livin’ shit out of every trip (regardless of weather patterns). And then whine mightily on a skiers forum when the “experience” isn’t orgasmic.

It’s obvious - Ullr (and Jesus) hates you
    Exactly.

[QUOTE=
    Case in point, spent a week last Xmas at Killington. We got 6” the first night, 5” the second. It was my girlfriends first time skiing so I wanted it to be fun for her which is why I chose Killington because of its size and they have a super long Green called Juggernaut that is perfect for beginners. It was closed all 5 days we were there despite optimal, albeit cold, conditions...not to mention a shit ton of other trails.[/QUOTE]

This is top level trolling. Juggernaut is basically a nordic trail and may not have lead to the domestic bliss you had envisioned. Consider yourself lucky.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

^^^^^in 11” of fresh snow, I bet that run is sweet. Should have poached it.

OP is making New Yorkers sound lame. Best advice is to return to Brooklyn and quickly eat at a hipster joint. Ah, bliss.

Merry Christmas DSM!!

Bull's UP!! JONG, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Here's a hint: everywhere sucks if you're looking for reasons.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

The OP deserves a participation award for his troll attempt.

Go ahead and duck a few ropes and report back. I’ll bet the resorts are probably just trying to keep you away from all of that sweet pow we are enjoying right now.

Taking bets on who's alias this is. The consummate NYer that complains that ya can't foind a decent bagel in Vermont. Sits at the bar telling everyone he's "from the city" and how aspen and vail are so much better than Sugarloaf. Stick to stratton and killington, you'll find your ilk to whine with.
    I think you need to find alpinezone.com, you won't get heckled there. nominate for Jong of the year. DSM got nuthin on this kid.
    Merry Merry, Oi Vai
    silly wabbit https://www.huntermtn.com/mountain-info/snow-report/
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

A few years ago we decided a trip to VT was finally due. Lots of snow before, then right on schedule it rained 5 days before then temps crashed to high of 10F for our stay. We like to ski moguls and they were rock-hard and dangerous to even pick your way through. I don't think I've ever skied moguls like that in dozens of trips out west.

I'll go with East Coast Sucks and have been flying from Philly or Newark for many years, usually to SLC. SLC is gettting crazy too. The line-up for the Little Cottonwood has been getting insane the last few years. Both up or down could easily take 1.5 hrs if there is even a little bit of new snow. Even the "back-way" to entrance SUCKS! Snowbasin used to be "undiscovered". This year for so so conditions, we were in a couple mile crawling line-up so we could park in Siberia! I'm praying for Recession!!!! Hoping to take the anti-dote this year - Big Sky???

Saying that, I am going to get more Pocono/Catskill skiing in this year, but I am going to pick my days.
    Let Gravity Be Your Guide....

Dude... This has got your name all over it. Maybe we could do a fund raiser for you and score you a seasons pass.

The First Indoor Snow Park in North America Is Coming to NJ. Yes, Really!
    http://www.njfamily.com/The-First-Indoor-Snow-Park-in-North-America-Is-Coming-to-NJ-Yes-Really/

All those hours wasted on the drive will now be ski time! I can't imagine how much you're gonna improve.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowbirdDevotee View Post
    A few years ago we decided a trip to VT was finally due. Lots of snow before, then right on schedule it rained 5 days before then temps crashed to high of 10F for our stay. We like to ski moguls and they were rock-hard and dangerous to even pick your way through. I don't think I've ever skied moguls like that in dozens of trips out west.

I'll go with East Coast Sucks and have been flying from Philly or Newark for many years, usually to SLC. SLC is gettting crazy too. The line-up for the Little Cottonwood has been getting insane the last few years. Both up or down could easily take 1.5 hrs if there is even a little bit of new snow. Even the "back-way" to entrance SUCKS! Snowbasin used to be "undiscovered". This year for so so conditions, we were in a couple mile crawling line-up so we could park in Siberia! I'm praying for Recession!!!! Hoping to take the anti-dote this year - Big Sky???

Saying that, I am going to get more Pocono/Catskill skiing in this year, but I am going to pick my days.
    These stories always make me chuckle.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hoping to take the anti-dote this year - Big Sky???
    Nope............ Don't do it......... No snow and closed. Nothing to see here, just keep right on driving.

You dissatisfied right coasters will probably like this resort in Wyoming
    https://www.skibrokeback.com/
    From what I’ve been told, rain is pretty rare, the terrain is great and the apres is off the hook