Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    That would be so in a standing position.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowbirdDevotee View Post
    A few years ago we decided a trip to VT was finally due. Lots of snow before, then right on schedule it rained 5 days before then temps crashed to high of 10F for our stay. We like to ski moguls and they were rock-hard and dangerous to even pick your way through..
    Correction: Icy bumps aren't dangerous...skiers who can't ski icy bumps are dangerous.

OP is that you?

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018/...juana-resorts/

Open Letter to Vail Resorts From Pissed Off New Yorker About Legal Marijuana Use At Resorts

Dear Vail Resorts,

Let me explain to you why I will not be returning to this resort anytime in the near future and will indicate to other families on online forums that they should decline to come to Vail as well.

As you are aware, marijuana is now legal in Colorado. I have been visiting Vail and Beaver Creek for many years now with my family, and enjoyed all my years here with no real problems. We have a lot of memories here. Within the span of several days, my son and I were exposed to numerous conversations on buses, gondola rides and restaurants related to recreational drug use. The fact that people are restricted to smoking pot in the privacy of their room doesn’t mean that they won’t reek of pot on gondola rides, or that they won’t be talking about getting high with numerous other substances within earshot of numerous families. Within the span of two to three days, I had at least three to four separate occasions in public areas where I had to specifically ask people to not talk about their drug use. People were obviously put off by my asking them to stop, and I was furious to even be put in this situation.

I think the public debate on allowing pot to be sold is completely off. The people who live this type of lifestyle can’t afford to support resorts like Vail that frankly cater to a demographic more like my own, and candidly, you don’t get to be successful by engaging in this type of lifestyle. Why am I going to pay to come to a resort where my son is exposed to these sorts of things? I don’t want him skiing or going anywhere on his own — he is a teenager, and why should he be shaped by these types of conversations?

Not only this, but it’s a safety hazard. Do you think I want people speeding by me on the slopes who were high the evening before?

I really recommend you get this situation under control as quickly as possible because word will get out to families very quickly. At this point, I’m very much inclined to go to Utah for my vacations instead of Colorado. You can’t be a destination resort for high-earners and a pot-town at the same time — you have to choose.

Christine Arakelian

New York
    27° 18°

Marijuana is a gateway drug. Fast forward and next thing you know Vail and Beaver Creek will be full of heroin and meth addicts and all the bathrooms will have sharps containers like the Stewart's stores along the Northway. Your ON3P's will have to be locked up or will be stolen and traded for a quick hit of the juju juice. And good luck finding an unoccupied bathroom stall to take a shit in with all the passed out junkies. You all can laugh at Christine, but this is where Vail is headed.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

So Done With the East Coast

Hey OP jongster, why go “out West” when for the same amount of flight time you can go to Euro-land?
    Yer dumb.

Edit to add: oh that’s right, the food sucks in Europe.
    Last edited by plugboots; 12-27-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Lets go to France and get sum French toast.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Lets go to France and get sum French toast.
    Is that a drug reference?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    OP is that you?

Open Letter to Vail Resorts From Pissed Off New Yorker About Legal Marijuana Use At Resorts

Dear Vail Resorts,

Let me explain to you why I will not be returning to this resort anytime in the near future and will indicate to other families on online forums that they should decline to come to Vail as well.

As you are aware, marijuana is now legal in Colorado. I have been visiting Vail and Beaver Creek for many years now with my family, and enjoyed all my years here with no real problems. We have a lot of memories here. Within the span of several days, my son and I were exposed to numerous conversations on buses, gondola rides and restaurants related to recreational drug use. The fact that people are restricted to smoking pot in the privacy of their room doesn’t mean that they won’t reek of pot on gondola rides, or that they won’t be talking about getting high with numerous other substances within earshot of numerous families. Within the span of two to three days, I had at least three to four separate occasions in public areas where I had to specifically ask people to not talk about their drug use. People were obviously put off by my asking them to stop, and I was furious to even be put in this situation.

I think the public debate on allowing pot to be sold is completely off. The people who live this type of lifestyle can’t afford to support resorts like Vail that frankly cater to a demographic more like my own, and candidly, you don’t get to be successful by engaging in this type of lifestyle. Why am I going to pay to come to a resort where my son is exposed to these sorts of things? I don’t want him skiing or going anywhere on his own — he is a teenager, and why should he be shaped by these types of conversations?

Not only this, but it’s a safety hazard. Do you think I want people speeding by me on the slopes who were high the evening before?

I really recommend you get this situation under control as quickly as possible because word will get out to families very quickly. At this point, I’m very much inclined to go to Utah for my vacations instead of Colorado. You can’t be a destination resort for high-earners and a pot-town at the same time — you have to choose.

Christine Arakelian

New York
    Very porous argument, Christine. And fuck you, Christine.

On another note, edibles are the way to go when at the resort. No fiddling with cold vape pens or lighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is that a drug reference?
    More of a movie reference. Lame I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    More of a movie reference. Lame I know.
    27° 18°

French fries?

Very nice. “I love Snoooooow.”

OP is that you?

Dear Vail Resorts,

Christine Arakelian

New York
    I was in the parking lot at Bachy on Christmas day. Saw a mom puffing away on a doobie. Her two very young kids, politely waiting for mom to finish her hit. I guess Bachelor chose to be a low income destination for pot heads? Still, I wouldn't rule out Utah as a ski vacation spot.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That's awfully stuck-up for a New Yorker. Must be Upper East Side money.
    Then again, I called it quits with the east coast back in 07. My parents finally did a few years ago too.

I could really use some Zabars.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Then again, I called it quits with the east coast back in 07. My parents finally did a few years ago too.

I wish I couldve convinced family that the intermountain west was better. They just never got it. My bro in law does have a great construction biz here on the east coast, but with all the building and his current connections I can't imagine he wouldnt do awesome in a place like Utah that's booming. Both my parents are retired. I miss Utah a lot, but NY is still "new" again. The kids dig it here. We have more of a support system so I guess that's good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    OP: Cathay Pacific business class redeye JFK to YVR, 2hr drive to Whistler, dinner at Araxi, stay at the Fairmont, ski 2 days and back to work on Monday.
    Sounds dentisty
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Wow...5 pages now...great work guys

OP is that you?

Dear Vail Resorts,

Christine Arakelian

New York
    The funniest thing about Christine’s rant is that New York has the highest per-capita use of Ganga in the US of FKNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I was in the parking lot at Bachy on Christmas day. Saw a mom puffing away on a doobie. Her two very young kids, politely waiting for mom to finish her hit. I guess Bachelor chose to be a low income destination for pot heads? Still, I wouldn't rule out Utah as a ski vacation spot.
    Heh, After I teach my granddaughter to ski I’m gonna teach her to trim...

Remember when MtB management put up the “no smoking weed” signs at all the chairs? I met the guy who stole the one at Sky - he worked there - sez he has the worlds biggest refrigerator magnets.

OP is that you?

Dear Vail Resorts,

Christine Arakelian

New York
    Hopefully more and more people decide the same thing and ski Utah or CA. Buh bye stupid!

ya know... it may be time change your user name

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    Yes, I agree

fatass_douchebag, would be perfect for him!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Creekies Bitch?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Hopefully more and more people decide the same thing and ski Utah or CA. Buh bye stupid!
    Dude if not for the easy weed why would anyone go to Colorado? Crowded, overpriced and meh snow. I'd take Utah any day over CO, but I am biased and typically travel with my own weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Dude if not for the easy weed why would anyone go to Colorado? Crowded, overpriced and meh snow. I'd take Utah any day over CO, but I am biased and typically travel with my own weed.

No idea. Stay in Utard.

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    How do I say this? People know me.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.