Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    At least one of the places I ski has BANNED skiing with ear buds in because it contributes to collisions. Back when the lifts were powered by dinosaurs we skied with these. No shit, I really had one of these when I was like 12.. and Get off my lawn!
    BoseSoundwear has you covered and it's fucking amazing. Hear your shitty music, everything around you and still be able to carry on a conversation.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iu-6.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	261704

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    At least one of the places I ski has BANNED skiing with ear buds in because it contributes to collisions. Back when the lifts were powered by dinosaurs we skied with these. No shit, I really had one of these when I was like 12.. and Get off my lawn!
    I am old enough to remember this ad. There was also the legendary AstralTunes system....I had forgotten about this classic ad before I just googled it:

Name:  AstralTunes 1978-ad.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  104.1 KB

A few friends play golf with tunes going either in a cart or hanging from their push cart. Not my thing. I prefer keeping my tunes to myself. I will use Apple earbuds as they let in ambient sound so I know what is happening around me, but the sound is OK. And I am not disturbing anyone else....no one else likes my 1970's and 1980 post punk pop and new wave these days....
    Using Tapatalk

Triple Nay. Use earbuds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Drives me nuts. Earbuds, fine. I have Bluetooth speakers in my helmet and will listen occasionally if I’m by myself, but not loud enough to cut me off from all surroundings. The guys with the speakers in the backpack or chest mounted can fuck right the fuck off.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Someone in the lift line had one the other day. Fucking annoying.

I pulled a “Slayer” on some stupid idiot today. He rolls up with some shit playing on his speaker.....I turned around and said...Jesus, if ur gonna play your speakers for all of us to hear, put on some Slayer......that shit rocks!

Not harsh enough.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I know..but the kid was only like 13.....too young to be too big a dick....I gotz standards.

Funny this popped up in my FB feed.

https://www.outsideonline.com/237828..._medium=social

Maybe should cross post in the spy phone thread. ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Fuck nay, by the way.

(not to be confused with FKNA)

Bluetooth speakers in your helmet and invoking Slayer. Meh.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ive been using them a bit on the skin track
    and in the drifty on the water
    fuck ya if your not down with jj cale
    and theres a chica @ sillytude who has one on her belt around her waist and her gortex clad der poopenhausen boppin to anything i watched and heard on soul train as a kid
    is good with me
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Been rocking Post Malone on blast lately. Lots of peeps been telling me I'm #1.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I know..but the kid was only like 13.....too young to be too big a dick....I gotz standards.
    Fair enough.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I’m a solid no against blue tooth speakers and headphones (at least while skiing down) at the resort.

I got on Shirley at Squaw the other week and loudly said “Bar!” Then slowly pulled the bar down. Dude on the other end grabs the bar and says “it would be nice if you let us know you were putting the bar down.” I say, “I said bar pretty loud.” Lady with little kid next to me chimes in and agrees. His response was “oh I have headphones in.”

I'm cool with headphones, but hard no on speakers. For those of you who hate headphone people, do you also hate deaf people? There's a local deaf chick that mountain bikes around here and I know to just wait till she stops to pass, she's pretty fast anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I'm cool with headphones, but hard no on speakers. For those of you who hate headphone people, do you also hate deaf people? There's a local deaf chick that mountain bikes around here and I know to just wait till she stops to pass, she's pretty fast anyway.
    No, I don’t hate deaf people, but that’s a pretty silly comparison. If I am against people skiing blindfolded does that mean I hate blind people? Use your headphones, just not while skiing downhill. And don’t bitch that you didn’t hear “bar” because you can’t hear anything other than your music.

Additionally deaf people are going to be far more adept at navigating the world without hearing than someone who just temporarily shut off their ability to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    No, I don’t hate deaf people, but that’s a pretty silly comparison. If I am against people skiing blindfolded does that mean I hate blind people? Use your headphones, just not while skiing downhill. And don’t bitch that you didn’t hear “bar” because you can’t hear anything other than your music.

Additionally deaf people are going to be far more adept at navigating the world without hearing than someone who just temporarily shut off their ability to hear.
    Nah, I think you hate deaf people.

Nah, I think you hate deaf people.
    What??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I'm cool with headphones, but hard no on speakers. For those of you who hate headphone people, do you also hate deaf people?
    I think CNN or MSNBC would love the way you think. You know Don Lemon?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    I think CNN or MSNBC would love the way you think. You know Don Lemon?

LOL
    TRIGGERED!!!!!!

It is called "Abelism" apparently. You guys are Abelists!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

^ this ^

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ive been using them a bit on the skin track
    and in the drifty on the water
    fuck ya if your not down with jj cale
    and theres a chica @ sillytude who has one on her belt around her waist and her gortex clad der poopenhausen boppin to anything i watched and heard on soul train as a kid
    is good with me
    Pretty sure he wrote my favorite Lynard Skynard song “the breeze”. Except I’ve been trying to play “Gimme three steps” on guitar lately. I love the way those guys use rests as part of the rythym.

And I only play Waylon Jennings or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on the bike and on the hill.