Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I think it's lame as fuck when it's just some random dude (maybe even with his crew of 3 others) and they are blasting music on their bluetooth speakers -- all day, no matter where they go. Liftline included.

Acceptable use of playing music on the speakers:
    1) You're with your homies in the backcountry and no one else is around
    2) You're at a sundeck inside the resort and eating lunch partying with the homies
    3) Maybe in the resort parking lot while you're getting ready, but it's borderline there if you're surrounded by a bunch of other people
    4) Tailgating in the parking lot is acceptable if it's a place like the beach at abasin

Non-acceptable use of speakers:
    1) The liftline
    2) The chairlift
    3) Inside the resort while skiing/riding
    4) In the backcountry where other people can hear you

Don't be douche and think that other people want to hear your music. Likewise, don't be a douche and not give a shit if other people hear your music.

******HOW TO FIGHT BACK********

IF A DOUCHE IS PLAYING A SHITTY SONG IN THE LIFTLINE, OPEN YOUR PHONE AND START PLAYING YOUR OWN MUSIC.
    IF EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LIFTLINE DID THIS, IT WOULD BE CHAOS AND THE DOUCHE WOULD SEE HOW DOUCHEY HE/SHE IS.
    This should just be a sticky.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    IF A DOUCHE IS PLAYING A SHITTY SONG IN THE LIFTLINE, OPEN YOUR PHONE AND START PLAYING YOUR OWN MUSIC.
    IF EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LIFTLINE DID THIS, IT WOULD BE CHAOS AND THE DOUCHE WOULD SEE HOW DOUCHEY HE/SHE IS.
    Trust me, the volume on his blue tooth would blast the rest of us out. It had plenty of power. My phone wouldn't hold a candle to that thing.

If someone has the right to play music for everyone to hear, everyone has the right to tell them what they think about it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

nay
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

If you are going to play electronic music in public at least give me a hit of ecstasy, molly, or LSD to get in the mood.

SOP should be to sneak close in the lift line. Stealthily hit the reconnect button on their speaker. Reconnect with your own phone. Loop a track alternating between a siren and someone screaming Douchebag! Douchebag!

Have a friend post video of the event on TGR for e shaming.

The appropriate way to deal with the problem:

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I’ve come up with a rather elegant solution. All the convenience of wireless without the negative impact on others.
    Although my music is really good so I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t like it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8616.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	608.1 KB 
ID:	261569

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rode the gondy yesterday next to a Russian kid who was playing the music from tetris loudly through his ear buds.

I blame Putin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

please dont

Using Bluetooth speakers in public like this is just straight up lame and broadcasts to everyone that you're a douche. Anytime I've ever seen it, be it on skis or a bike. The culprit is a complete beater. Absolute worst are phish heads, who tend to be the most holier than music douche bags.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What the f@ck is it with these people that have absolutely no self awareness that not everyone wants to listen to their shit music? Is it some warped sense of entitlement that they think it's all about them and no one else matters? I'm not sure, but I've come to the conclusion that at the least, they're fucking morons. Check out this little clip below that I shot last spring in the Gondola at Mammoth. Turn up the volume for full effect.

A little back ground....I'm enjoying a chill day at Mammoth lapping the top and I ski down to the bottom gondi, get in and have the car to myself. Nice. As I pass the the Mid Chalet my serenity is about to be destroyed. This dude, along with his kid get in and he's got his stereo pumping. As usual, the music sucks big rhino cock. I politely asked him to please turn it down. Acting put out , he did, barely. Ok asshole, welcome to Jerry of the Day cuz your on candid camera! Between his shit music and annoying kid it was all I could do not to throw myself out of the gondi over the gap. Last thing I want is that song stuck in my head while I'm trying to rip a few laps off the top. The only thing I want on the chair is some good conversation, or silence.

I'm afraid the only solution is for all of us to get our own speakers and blast our own music. I'm partial to Jimmy Rogers blye yodels.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm afraid the only solution is for all of us to get our own speakers and blast our own music. I'm partial to Jimmy Rogers blye yodels.
    it's gonna get worse before it gets better. My go to is "Fury Whip" if the jukebox will play anything and people insist on shitty music.

just make sure yours is louder than theirs.
    hot set up for short $$

https://www.amazon.com/OontZ-Angle-S...ustomerReviews

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Car...KZNZVK36FZCJ54
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And Merry Xmas to you, smelly hippie.
    He is neither.

True story.

And he ain't heavy...

Yay.

Nay. Same for biking on popular trails.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Nay. Same for biking on popular trails.
    Speaker does make me a little self conscious on trails on the rare occasion I do run into someone. I wear my phone on my chest strap and I can hear it as well or better than the speaker and hopefully it’s not as intrusive. Pretty easy to mute with my thumb also. Some people think bear bells are annoying as well.

Yay, just make sure your Bluetooth speaker and phone are right next to your beacon out hiking around in the BC and I'll make sure not to dig you out.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Yay, just make sure your Bluetooth speaker and phone are right next to your beacon out hiking around in the BC and I'll make sure not to dig you out.
    Why bother with a beacon? Just find the buried victim via the sound of the music.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

^EXACTLY

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Vince usually has some Dead going first tram at Snowbird. I rocked Snobbery and Decay last weekend first tram, I don’t think anyone got it.
    A tram ride with Snobbery and Decay then maybe followed up with some Nasty Rox would get me so freaking pumped.

Nay on speakers. The douche factor here at Snowbowl is reaching the limits these days. Without some real snow and the ability to get away from the ski area on tours is making me more and more of a mountain biker this season. I'm cool with that though too, for now.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I was riding lunch loops in GJ one day and stopped to take a rest for a minute. This other group them comes up to us and decides to stop in the same spot right next to us. They are blaring some shitty music and talking really loud about their heart rates and training regimens. I guess some people are just more social than I am. But I wanted to punch every one of them in the cooter. Instead I rode away.

Just bust out the Jan "the Polka King" Lewan on your full volume phone speakers and hold it near the offenders head.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Nein!

Sent from my SM-N920V using TGR Forums mobile app