Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    snobbery and decay I could live with
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Gaper quote thread.

If he called me a dickhead he'd soon be on the ground wondering where his ski went.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    ok, this is funnier by 3700%
    OK, Benny I saw your post and knew some shit was going to fly. How did you not know?

All the Mormon kids from BYU-I have been rocking speakers and Christmas music at the Ghee the last week or so. It's obnoxious.

GM did you almost fight a guy in the Great Escape line this morning? Looked like it was going to be a solid match with one guy begging to be punched. Reminded me of people begging cops to shoot them on LivePD. Holidays are getting fucking intense.

Too many speakers blasting in the left pant pocket with the go pro on the pole in the left hand sliding around for sure.

Hiking, skiing, touring. All things that should not be augmented with speakers. I’ve confronted several people while hiking in the summer.

I have yet to have one ride a chairlift with me however not sure the speaker would make it to the top.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    ....speakers blasting in the left pant pocket with the go pro on the pole in the left hand sliding around for sure.
    i rode chairs with that guy at LO!!

he was tall and in his late 60s,
    playing sting and james taylor
    he did turn it down in the lineup

.true story

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

un-fucking-acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I pretty much hate people skiing with speakers. 33% because it’s usually shitty music, 33% because it’s a total “look at me” ploy and 33% because it’s fucking inconsiderate.

I’ll cut you some slack if you’re playing something good but it still annoys me.
    You nailed it. I've been known to politely say "Excuse me, I just want you to know that your music sucks and so do you." If you say it politely enough people don't feel comfortable telling you to fuck off. Works on the subway too. "Excuse me sir, the audio from the game you're playing on your phone is extremely irritating, and I hate you."

Put on some damn headphones when you have to have tunes in the Mountains. Skiing and hiking with speakers blaring.... Fuck That!

You get it, Diamonds.

In the end it's definitely inconsiderate and bad manners for sure. Don't blast music anyplace it isn't cool to smoke/vape and vice versa.. I'd rather not have to listen to other peoples' music and I'd rather not be smelling other peoples' weed. I don't complain about either to the violators or resort staff though. Not worth the effort and aingst.. and I've been on the other end of both as a violator myself when younger so just keep skiing and tune them out.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Nay

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I'm all for hearing music I like so I support it. You can fuck off if you're playing music I don't like however, skiing is a time for oneness with nature and shit.

Lots of this bullshit lately with the youngins'.

In the lift line, on the trail or riding park sure, nbd but these morons are blasting absolute crap hiking out the BC gate, which is when I give them a ration of Shit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    GM did you almost fight a guy in the Great Escape line this morning? Looked like it was going to be a solid match with one guy begging to be punched. Reminded me of people begging cops to shoot them on LivePD. Holidays are getting fucking intense.

Too many speakers blasting in the left pant pocket with the go pro on the pole in the left hand sliding around for sure.
    No, this happened yesterday. We didn't almost get in a fight but it may have sounded like it could result in that. I was telling him to ride with the twosome in front of us, he didn't want to and wanted to ride with us and I just kept suggesting, impatiently, that he ride with the twosome. Then I more or less cut him off from joining our group. I guess that made me a dickhead. Whatever...

This guy wasn't that young, maybe 30'ish but an obvious ass clown.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    At least one of the places I ski has BANNED skiing with ear buds in because it contributes to collisions. Back when the lifts were powered by dinosaurs we skied with these. No shit, I really had one of these when I was like 12.. and Get off my lawn!
    I've been rocking the walkman skiing since high school. Astral tunes was the high tech for ski tunes. In the day and age of cheap loud blu tooth speakers, I'm surprised more people aren't blasting tunes in the lift line to be annoying/cool. I strap one to my handle bars for mtb but wouldn't impose on skiers when you can just rock ear buds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

^^^We used those, then walkmans to practice our ballet routines.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Gaper quote thread.

If he called me a dickhead he'd soon be on the ground wondering where his ski went.
    i guess we wont see you at bbiut19
    eh dickhead
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

And Merry Xmas to you, smelly hippie.

Last weekend, we had a couple of millennials blasting Aerosmith “Dream On” in line at the Funi at Squaw and they were singing along at the top of their lungs. I thought it was fun/funny. Merry Xmas all!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Last weekend, we had a couple of millennials blasting Aerosmith “Dream On” in line at the Funi at Squaw and they were singing along at the top of their lungs. I thought it was fun/funny. Merry Xmas all!
    Yeah I'm not skiing today because i don't want to hear Christmas carols on the slopes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I think it's lame as fuck when it's just some random dude (maybe even with his crew of 3 others) and they are blasting music on their bluetooth speakers -- all day, no matter where they go. Liftline included.

Acceptable use of playing music on the speakers:
    1) You're with your homies in the backcountry and no one else is around
    2) You're at a sundeck inside the resort and eating lunch partying with the homies
    3) Maybe in the resort parking lot while you're getting ready, but it's borderline there if you're surrounded by a bunch of other people
    4) Tailgating in the parking lot is acceptable if it's a place like the beach at abasin

Non-acceptable use of speakers:
    1) The liftline
    2) The chairlift
    3) Inside the resort while skiing/riding
    4) In the backcountry where other people can hear you

Don't be douche and think that other people want to hear your music. Likewise, don't be a douche and not give a shit if other people hear your music.

******HOW TO FIGHT BACK********

IF A DOUCHE IS PLAYING A SHITTY SONG IN THE LIFTLINE, OPEN YOUR PHONE AND START PLAYING YOUR OWN MUSIC.
    IF EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LIFTLINE DID THIS, IT WOULD BE CHAOS AND THE DOUCHE WOULD SEE HOW DOUCHEY HE/SHE IS.

No, I'm telling you, Terry Tate the motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I think it's lame as fuck when it's just some random dude (maybe even with his crew of 3 others) and they are blasting music on their bluetooth speakers -- all day, no matter where they go. Liftline included.

Acceptable use of playing music on the speakers:
    1) You're with your homies in the backcountry and no one else is around
    2) You're at a sundeck inside the resort and eating lunch partying with the homies
    3) Maybe in the resort parking lot while you're getting ready, but it's borderline there if you're surrounded by a bunch of other people
    4) Tailgating in the parking lot is acceptable if it's a place like the beach at abasin

Non-acceptable use of speakers:
    1) The liftline
    2) The chairlift
    3) Inside the resort while skiing/riding
    4) In the backcountry where other people can hear you

Don't be douche and think that other people want to hear your music. Likewise, don't be a douche and not give a shit if other people hear your music.

******HOW TO FIGHT BACK********

IF A DOUCHE IS PLAYING A SHITTY SONG IN THE LIFTLINE, OPEN YOUR PHONE AND START PLAYING YOUR OWN MUSIC.
    IF EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LIFTLINE DID THIS, IT WOULD BE CHAOS AND THE DOUCHE WOULD SEE HOW DOUCHEY HE/SHE IS.
    Other than inside, should this etiquette also be applied to weed? i.e. uncool to do it where others can't avoid smelling it, i.e. no smoking weed on the lift or on/off trail where others can smell it?? It seems to me that blasting sounds others might not appreciate isn't any different than blasting odors others might not appreciate. I don't bitch about either, but if you bitch about one, be open to getting bitched at for the other.

Bust out a fat stinky cigar to fight it?

Yup. Keep your weed on the DL and out of the face of JAFOs.

Same with cigarettes.

I love the smell of weed, but somebody smoking a cigarette sends me into a heavy, heavy asthma attack. ... Which is a pain in the ass given the asthma attacks I'm having from the smells I coming from a jacket I recently purchased from a mag who didn't mention that they were a smoker. It's so bad, washing it twice did not get ride of the cigarette smoke smell/particles.

Basically, do whatever shit you want, but keep it on the DL so you aren't that guy who fucked it up for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point