Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2019 Mantras taken at Northstar 12/20/18

My skiing partner had his rentals taken yesterday, 2019 184 cm Volkl mantras, from Northstar at the end of the day from a rack near the top of the gondola. The ski shop which rented them, where he also works, will charge him $1,200 if they don't turn up in 7 days. Please post a reply if you know something about this. Thx much.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

seems like there's two crimes going on here. the original theft and then the owner stealing from his employee. have him talk to a lawyer before his employer illegally obtains any of his money.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I bet some Bay Area dentist grabbed them on accident. I hear it happens all the time at Heavenly.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

No mistake...there were only two pairs of skis on the rack....mine and his...and he separated his skis onto 2 racks. If you know some tweaker/loser in the Tahoe area who suddenly started skiing on 2019 mantras with demo bindings, post it here. Nothing on Craigslist or ebay yet.

Gotta admit, never considered locking up rentals or demo skis, only skis I own. Doesn't the credit card company have any kind of insurance or back up, or was there no credit card transaction since he works at the shop?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Gotta admit, never considered locking up rentals or demo skis, only skis I own. Doesn't the credit card company have any kind of insurance or back up, or was there no credit card transaction since he works at the shop?
    Still missing those 184, 2019 Mantras with Saloman demo bindings. The shop has docked my friend's entire paycheck until he works it off or the skis turn up. He doesn't even have gas money. If your tweaker "friend" has these skis, please just take them and turn them in to N* security. I bet the fucker who stole these skis probably is at least freeloading off someone who surfs TGR or reads it himself. Do the right thing now.

What shop is this? Someone needs to beat the fuck out of the owner, who I am fairly certain is breaking the law.

oh, and fuck you for thinking someone on TGR knows something and is hiding it. You've been here 17 months what the fuck do you know? Go back to newschoolers and you'll likely have better luck.

Shop is probably owned by VR.
    Increasing shareholder value!

Seriously, tell the guy to tell the shop owner to sit on a dick.
    https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Deductions.htm
    The ability of an employer to deduct amounts from an employee's wages due to a cash shortage, breakage, or loss of equipment is specifically regulated by the Industrial Welfare Commission Orders and limited by court decisions. (Kerr's Catering v. Department of Industrial Relations (1962) 57 Cal.2d 319). In addition, there have been several court decisions that significantly restrict an employer's ability to take an offset against an employee's wages. Barnhill v. Sanders (1981) 125 Cal.App.3d 1, (Balloon payment on separation of employment to repay employee's debt to employer is an unlawful deduction even where the employee authorized such payment in writing); CSEA v. State of California (1988) 198 Cal.App.3d 374 (Unlawful to deduct from current payroll for past salary advances that were in error); Hudgins v. Nieman Marcus (1995) 34 Cal.App.4th 1109 (Deductions for unidentified returns from commission sales unlawful.)

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    Still missing those 184, 2019 Mantras with Saloman demo bindings. The shop has docked my friend's entire paycheck until he works it off or the skis turn up. He doesn't even have gas money. If your tweaker "friend" has these skis, please just take them and turn them in to N* security. I bet the fucker who stole these skis probably is at least freeloading off someone who surfs TGR or reads it himself. Do the right thing now.

Go fuck yourself.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I bet the fucker who stole these skis probably is at least freeloading off someone who surfs TGR or reads it himself. Do the right thing now.
    ????

I'd call you a halfwit, but you've already named yourself amoeba, so...

$1200? That’s insane. Cost on the entire setup at demo purchase price for the shop can’t be over $500...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^This.

Yup - no way the shop is paying retail on their own rental fleet, or retail on anything. Offer $400 the cost to replace the skis at best. Also, there are tons of cameras these days - go back to where they got hijacked and see if there are cameras there. May help.....some.....course everyone is dressed up like they are going to rob a bank when skiing....may not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Shop is probably owned by VR.
    Increasing shareholder value!
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    What shop is this? Someone needs to beat the fuck out of the owner, who I am fairly certain is breaking the law.

oh, and fuck you for thinking someone on TGR knows something and is hiding it. You've been here 17 months what the fuck do you know? Go back to newschoolers and you'll likely have better luck.
    Oh give me a fucking break, if you think that criminals don’t use TGR or know honest people that do. Either help or shur the fuck up.

Oh give me a fucking break, if you think that criminals don’t use TGR or know honest people that do. Either help or shur the fuck up.

Nobody is offended. You just sound like a desperate, butt hurt, 13 year old. Not the best way to solicit help from a community that you've contributed nothing to.

Hope your buddy gets the ski back, or least the shop doesn't screw him as badly as they're threatening to.

OP has 19 posts. He’s not a Mag just a complainer. Move along. Nothing worthwhile to see here.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Either help or shur the fuck up.
    did you read my posts? all the help you need is right there. either you are lying (likely) about what is happening or the boss is straight up breaking the law. He CAN NOT GARNISH WAGES for that. If it actually is a Vail owned company a visit to HR will straighten it out or he should document everything and see a lawyer.

But again, you come across as a lying sniveling piece of shit so who knows what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Go fuck yourself.
    Best advice so far.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Not a professional criminal but I have stayed at a holiday inn express and surf tgr naked. You are kidding yourself if you don't think northstar doesn't have a camera on every ski rack. Nut up and go to security. tell your brah to file a police report. give a copy of the report to the shop owner. Shop owner files claim with insurance and move the fuck along.

Mag translate = "One of you cocksuckers know who took my friends skis. Stop covering up for them and do the right thing and get the skis back to the shop."

Fuck off!!! Mag translate = "Fuck off!!!"
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'm wondering if there's more to the story. If the skis were 'rented' from the shop isn't there some kind of coverage in the rental for something like that? Perhaps the employee 'borrowed' them which is the source of the owner's interest in charging full retail?

And.... what rental shop employee doesn't have his own kit? Why take the shop's gear?

And OP is a twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I don’t see why he couldn’t be charged for it. If it’s his day off and he rents a pair of skis just like any other Jerry why wouldn’t he be liable for the cost? That being said, y’all would be surprised how few cameras most ski resorts have. Having cameras opens you up to a whole world of lawsuits that would never happen without footage.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums