Drones Shutting Down Airports?

What's up with the drone(s) that's been buzzing Hethrow for the past several days? If someone can pull that off for days without being caught or even shut down, who knows what other mayhem that could be delivered via drones with the perps not getting caught??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

As battery power and technology improve I believe the threat becomes even greater because a small enough drone could evaid detection and do serious damage.
    Imagine just one flying into an engine during take off or landing with a small amount of excelerant or explosives.
    Somehow airports need the ability create a zone they can not function in, if possible. Hope that happens.

I think this is the way things are going (creating a buffer region that they can't fly in) but the technology is not quite there yet. I don't think it's too far off though from my conversations with govt contractors bc it just seems like a very easy way for someone to f*ck up a lot of lives currently
    we were laughing about how lax things are for purchasing a drone though and how it's probably some dad that got one for the holidays and is a dumbass

also was it spotted at heathrow? last I saw it was just at Gatwick
    skid luxury

Most drones won’t let you fly near airports or other restricted areas unless you confirm you have permission. I could see just not letting them fly there.

You could always fly them w/o GPS though. Or build one from a kit.

The Canuck’s fed transport reg do not require permissions and certificates for drones <35kg. Not sure I agree with that cut-off needing specialized training to receive the certificate to fly. Even though all drones are restricted from all registered aerodromes and forest fires (among other restrictions), they are just too available for the common fool to acquire and fool with.

In LA cops shoot drones down with nets. Not because of planes, because there are so many random flyers. I’d love to have that my job at an airport, looking and netting drones, ha.

As for software limiting fly zones around airports, it’s too easy to make your own without that software, I think...

Ban drones

Just heard on CBC Radio that 2 people were arrested.
    Looked for a link but nothing yet.

There used to be a few more restrictions on the proliferation of the radio transmitters, frequencies, etc for the r/c airplane and copter gear.. add in a steep learning curve to learn to fly them well. Now any clown with a smart phone and $1500 or so can procure a pretty advanced aircraft capable of delivering dangerous cargo or kamikazi-ing into aircraft with human cargo. I'm not sure about the technology to block all frequencies near airports but think of all the cell phones, car lock fobs, R/C cars, and on and on that people also use near airports. No doubt savvy people could leverage those frequencies if they really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What's up with the drone(s) that's been buzzing Hethrow for the past several days? If someone can pull that off for days without being caught or even shut down, who knows what other mayhem that could be delivered via drones with the perps not getting caught??
    Facepalm.

Gatwick you eejit.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    There used to be a few more restrictions on the proliferation of the radio transmitters, frequencies, etc for the r/c airplane and copter gear.. add in a steep learning curve to learn to fly them well. Now any clown with a smart phone and $1500 or so can procure a pretty advanced aircraft capable of delivering dangerous cargo or kamikazi-ing into aircraft with human cargo. I'm not sure about the technology to block all frequencies near airports but think of all the cell phones, car lock fobs, R/C cars, and on and on that people also use near airports. No doubt savvy people could leverage those frequencies if they really wanted to.
    Not to mention the affect it could have on the actual airplanes' avionics.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    In LA cops shoot drones down with nets. Not because of planes, because there are so many random flyers. I’d love to have that my job at an airport, looking and netting drones, ha.
    Name:  caddyshack_itsinthehole_vd_188x141_052820100817.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  21.6 KB

Im sure it wouldn't be that hard technically to hardwire GPS into the chips and geofence airports, but similarly to making it impossible to text in a moving car there's bound to be some pushback and nobody wants to be the one to carry the ball on it. They'd rather let people die than lose some sales.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Im sure it wouldn't be that hard technically to hardwire GPS into the chips and geofence airports, but similarly to making it impossible to text in a moving car there's bound to be some pushback and nobody wants to be the one to carry the ball on it. They'd rather let people die than lose some sales.
    If only there was some kind of overreaching entity that controls how businesses do business that could demand that they do this or else.

Nah, they closed.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

These are not the drones that you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Just heard on CBC Radio that 2 people were arrested.
    Looked for a link but nothing yet.
    I don’t believe it, those people look too stupid.

Who ever it was had to be a serious nerd to scramble the frequencies or the Uo authorities are serious chumps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Saw a good Netflix documentary about drones, made during the Obama admin. When he was bombing weddings every weekend. Pretty scary what the future brings.

The same DJI drones we see at Best Buy we’re being used by ISIS. The military definetly has jamming technology, don’t know why it wasn’t used at Gatwick

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I don’t believe it, those people look too stupid.

Who ever it was had to be a serious nerd to scramble the frequencies or the Uo authorities are serious chumps.

My bet is on someone who was flying them remote from hundreds or thousands of miles away.. perhaps using a repeater hidden near the airport and networked via some unsuspecting local business's wifi.

They released the dumb looking couple without charges.

I hope we never read about a db carried by a drone making an appearance at a large gathering like a ballgame.

Drones flying in formation in the desert of eastern CO https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...1-799036684d21

Up to 30 jet sounding drones flying in formation? WTF is some group training for something out there? "We don't think it's of a malicious nature... LOL

When a few bad actors screw up the result is more regulations that everyone else has to follow.
    It won't bother me a bit to have fewer of those damn things buzzing around.

it’s also an excuse to start privatizing the FAA which has been on the republican wish list for awhile.

fucking annoying
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi