Anyone ever ship their skis using sendmybag.com?

Looking at using this service as an option to send a double ski bag ahead of me to japan next month. Anyone have any experience with them or a similar service? https://www.sendmybag.com/ship-skis

I did with shipmyskis.

Super easy. Would do it again if I ever have to fly United to JH.

Printed the tags, taped em to my ski bag, dropped it off at FedEx, and that was that. Did the same on the way home.

yeah im trying to see if there is a way to beat the japan's airline baggage fees. Also, going to japan for 10 days and I want to bring and inbounds and touring rig and I've heard stories of japanese airlines not allowing more than 1 pair of skis and a pair of poles in a ski bag. Ive heard they dont allow any ski clothes or gear in the bag at all, just skis and poles. Looking at options and figured there had to be a better way to do this. I'd be really stressed out if I showed up in japan with a dakine double ski bag and they told me to lose a pair of skis and to ditch all the other shit in my bag.

Anyone ever ship their skis using sendmybag.com?

Flew United SFO-Narita then ANA Narita-Sapporo. DAKine ski bag and two pairs. No fee.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Good to know thanks nick

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    yeah im trying to see if there is a way to beat the japan's airline baggage fees. Also, going to japan for 10 days and I want to bring and inbounds and touring rig and I've heard stories of japanese airlines not allowing more than 1 pair of skis and a pair of poles in a ski bag. Ive heard they dont allow any ski clothes or gear in the bag at all, just skis and poles. Looking at options and figured there had to be a better way to do this. I'd be really stressed out if I showed up in japan with a dakine double ski bag and they told me to lose a pair of skis and to ditch all the other shit in my bag.
    None of that's true. Don't waste your time. you going north or hakuba?

I accidentally typed in seemybag.com. Please don't make that NSFW mistake.

Just another data point - like others have said, I've flown ANA to Japan with two pairs of skis and a load of gear in my ski bag and had no problem at all.