Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    That’s good to know. Was that on a mtb or road? I clean my chains fairly regular but can’t seem to make them last that long. As stated before I haven’t been on a DA in a while though
    My everyday road bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    My everyday road bike.
    Still a lot of hours. I’m going through about a chain and a half/year (cheap sram chains). Curious to compare a DA now

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    Not to derail the thread (har-har) but my last two DA chains lasted 18,000 and 20,000 miles each.
    That's insane.

Not to derail the thread, but ....
    In regards to the backpedaling issue, I can say it does in fact have as much or more to do with the cassette as it has to do with chainline. At least from my experience:
    One bike with a Sunrace 11-42 had terrible backpedaling issues. Then I switched to an Eagle cassette and the problem mostly went away.
    One bike with a Shimano 11-42, then a Sram 10-42 had backpedaling issues. BUT, they did improve slightly after moving to the 10-42 Sram cassette. Interestingly, I then switched THE SAME bike to an Eagle cassette, the problem mostly went away.
    So yes, Sram figured something out with the Eagle cassette design and I'm hoping the others will figure it out as well.
    However many are in a shit ton.