How to bend Marker brakes?

If my search skills, or lack thereof, missed the relevant thread just call me some names and direct me to the already existent thread. But I have a bent brake I’d like to try to bend back in the right direction. Help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Vice+hammer = brake.

I've read the best way is to use a vice or a piece of pipe to bend them back, remove the Markers and then replace them with Look Pivots.

I assumed I’d get at least one replace with pivots response.

MarshalOlson made a vid about it that I used to bend mine.
    If you PM iceman he can help you find it.

Thanks

For Griffon/Jester brakes, it works great for me to use a table vise and a pipe. The arms can be flipped out of the spring-loaded part of the housing, then it fits well into table vise. Then I widen it by bending the arm outward, usually only by 10-20 degrees, then I bend the very end of the arm back inward. At the end, it's a little tricky to get the arms back into the spring-loaded housing, but you'll figure it out on your own. I am about 10 for 10 with Marker brakes, no arms snapped off, no troubles ever. But I have a high failure rate when bending FKS brakes.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 12-22-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy