Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Or you could stop asking the IT department to print things for you so they can do their job.
    Are you retarded? Serious question. It’s cool if you are. Retarded people generally seem happy in an ignorance is bliss type of way. Yeah, R word alert but seems warranted when quoting your posts.

Someone asked me to print something. I said no and emailed a pdf. I don’t work in IT. Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Are you retarded? Serious question. It’s cool if you are. Retarded people generally seem happy in an ignorance is bliss type of way. Yeah, R word alert but seems warranted when quoting your posts.

Someone asked me to print something. I said no and emailed a pdf. I don’t work in IT. Merry Christmas.
    Like I said, great move to narrow the scope. Don't get caught in the issue of them having docs you did not turn over.

If you get deposed, read my 5 rules post in case you missed in on Page 3. And don't go without your own attorney.

Merry Christmas to you as well!!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

BTW, sorry I didn't know how tall that bank building is. I'm sure it's a real national treasure.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Like I said, great move to narrow the scope. Don't get caught in the issue of them having docs you did not turn over.

If you get deposed, read my 5 rules post in case you missed in on Page 3. And don't go without your own attorney.

Merry Christmas to you as well!!
    Yeah, that was great info.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Yeah, that was great info.
    I really think that's wrong but our legal lifestyle goals are totally different. You want to minimize your time and pain. I would see this as an opportunity for you to practice going to court in case you ever have to for real.

In court, I want to widen the scope, make someones life as painful as possible, cost them a fortune, prolong the proceedings for years and make their lawyers pull their hair out so they bill for even more.

I don't want people threatening to take me to court, I want them to think I'm the last person they ever want tied to a case. 'It's cheaper to settle and lose than fight and win" is the worst philosophy ever for me.

I do about 800 jobs a year from $250-$2.5m. Thinking I can avoid every problem out there would keep me from getting any work. I can get stuck with a bad sub, bad gc, bad customer, bad supplier, bad product, unforeseen existing conditions, market downturns, budget overruns, fake injuries, fake car accidents or even the weather. 800 jobs a year x 20 years I'm at 16,000 jobs, I have to expect court stuff to happen at least a little. When it does, I want to be more practiced and prepared than anybody they've seen.

I also want people to use me knowing other people won't take them to court because I'm there and I will always help good people.

A good lawyer knows the law, a great one knows the judge.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought your info was good too. I'm not liable for anything in this case. I did my job. Someone else didn't do theirs. Even if I didn't do my job, I wouldn't have liability. The guy I used to do work with fired me because he didn't like what I told him regarding the situation. Now he's a defendant. I like your philosophy but I'd prefer in this case to wash my hands and never hear about the guy and his company again. That means spending as little time as possible providing info and even less time being further involved in the case. I think if I were to end up deposing or testifying, I'd use a mix of yours, Fred's, and Ken's advice.

Ugh... Conundrum. I'm so sorry. I feel your pain after only one year. Give me a shout with an update!!!
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

It’s a painful one. I’ll buy the first round the next time I see ya.

Follow up. Case settled. Never provided more info than a couple pdf's. No contempt charges. I am curious what the plaintiff got but I'll probably never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This is a helpful training video

lol this is so good

I have been subpoenaed as a witness in an arbitration hearing tomorrow. Basically, my customer, the homeower, fired the original GC. I came in, removed some existing finishes and then set the cabinets and did all the trim carpentry. I'm paid in full and have a good relationship with my customer.

Should I be armed with all by emails, invoices, time sheets/daily reports, etc.? This would take a couple hours to compile. I just received a VM to contact the defendant's (former GC) attorney. I can ignore that right? What else should I expect? I really want to just say as little as possible. It's a small town and I've got my business future to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I have been subpoenaed as a witness in an arbitration hearing tomorrow. Basically, my customer, the homeower, fired the original GC. I came in, removed some existing finishes and then set the cabinets and did all the trim carpentry. I'm paid in full and have a good relationship with my customer.

Should I be armed with all by emails, invoices, time sheets/daily reports, etc.? This would take a couple hours to compile. I just received a VM to contact the defendant's (former GC) attorney. I can ignore that right? What else should I expect? I really want to just say as little as possible. It's a small town and I've got my business future to protect.
    You don't have to take anything. And you shouldn't.

You shouldn't contact D's attorney.

Say as little as possible... because you don't particularly recall much about the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'd show up in nothing but underroos. That is my professional advice.

Pretty much what I thought. I think I supposed to assume that this is being read by the attorneys so I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'd show up in nothing but underroos. That is my professional advice.
    Make sure they are the oldest dirtiest underroos you have. If you have your money, get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Say as little as possible... because you don't particularly recall much about the project.
    Just like an IRS audit.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

^^ WORD x 1,000,000

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Do your best impersonation of Matt Damon's impersonation of Brett Kavanagh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRJecfRxbr8
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

How did it go Foggy?

I really felt sorry for the people paying the attorneys. The defense was completely useless. The arbitrator knew it. I was completely honest, mildly condescending and brief. My two go to responses were, "I don't know" and "I don't remember".

I pretty much set the tone when I made everyone in the room introduce themselves and wrote down everyone's name. I miss spelled the defense council's first name which she must have seen on my notebook. She made a point of correcting me. Instead of changing the spelling, I double underlined it and doodled stars and rockets around it like a Jr. Highschooler.

I think they realized pretty quickly that I was about worthless to both sides. I was outta there in about 30.

I really felt sorry for the people paying the attorneys. The defense was completely useless. The arbitrator knew it. I was completely honest, mildly condescending and brief. My two go to responses were, "I don't know" and "I don't remember".

I pretty much set the tone when I made everyone in the room introduce themselves and wrote down everyone's name. I miss spelled the defense council's first name which she must have seen on my notebook. She made a point of correcting me. Instead of changing the spelling, I double underlined it and doodled stars and rockets around it like a Jr. Highschooler.

I think they realized pretty quickly that I was about worthless to both sides. I was outta there in about 30.
    Well done.

Had little doubt you'd do it right.

She made a point of correcting me. Instead of changing the spelling, I double underlined it and doodled stars and rockets around it like a Jr. Highschooler
    fkna this is gold

So I'm curious--did the first contractor screw up and cost the client a lot of money, or was the client unreasonable and fired the contractor for no good reason and cost him or his insurance company if he was covered a lot of money in legal fees.

I think the doodles and rockets are worthy of high praise. Congrats