Powerwraps in Cochises?

Been a while since I've really been on skis, more than a couple of days a season. I plan to change that.

Anyone have experience with Powerwrap liners in the old Cochise Pros (130 flex). I had a pair of beat up ones stuffed into them at some point, but the liners crapped out before I got any real touring done on them. I have a pair of new liners, still PW,

Any mods to do with the liners once they're fully heat molded? Thought maybe using a scalpel to the ankle area might be a good idea, put duct tape over the cut so they don't tear apart, etc.

Any ideas welcome.

(I'm not going to buy any more new stuff, due to budget/wife/kids who deserve better, etc)

Dude you're back, maybe it would be time for some touring together like old times! My powerwraps didn't last touring, couple of tours and fabric inside started to peel off(although they were old to beging with).

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using TGR Forums mobile app

I have powerwraps in my old gen cochise. Works fine except that boot is about dead.

But i don't tour in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    Dude you're back, maybe it would be time for some touring together like old times! My powerwraps didn't last touring, couple of tours and fabric inside started to peel off(although they were old to beging with).

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sounds good Ville! I live in Bodø pretty much all of 2019,back to school. No idea about the skiing there,but locals say it can be good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TGR Forums mobile app

Btw,my place will probably be a lot dirtbaggier than last time,but you're welcome along with company!

Spent 3 seasons in 27 powerwraps in a 26.5 cochise (2013 model) shell. Skied decently well, much better than the stock liner, especially after 3 or 4 seasons in those. They did not tour well very (I suppose that's to be expected). I ended up having to trim the outside of the toes of the liners in order to get a good fit, but wasn't too much of a problem.

Riff has a great mod to a powerwrap. Basically, he cuts a wedge out over the Achilles and sews neoprene over the hole. I think that liner has lasted him like 3 seasons in his current boot.

I ran prowraps inbounds with the Cochise 130 and protours out of bounds. Really skied great. I only upgraded because a cabrio boot with a walk mode and tech inserts hit the market. It’s a great do it all boot.

Did not tour well with the wrap liner in. Was fine for sidecountry work.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Oh yeah -- i'm in 27 wraps in 26 boots. Forgot that.

Thank you gents. Was thinking somewhere along the lines of what SC's suggesting.

If I had the cash,I'd buy whatever a Krypton or FT with dfits and a walk mode is called,and likely get nice liners from the get go.

I have 28 Prowraps in a 27.5 shell and it works fine

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I toured in Powerwraps for a few seasons, (not Cochise), and it was fine. I liked the extra material at the cuff, and it made them stiffer. Currently, though, I have the Luxury in my Cochise.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Cheers. Just gonna mold the things, ski/tour, make them work.