Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Looking at the binding, I thought it would explode or prerelease if you even skied a mellow groomer at low speed.
    Presumably they are locked in?

Gear rumors 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Actually the brakes works with all ATK bindings except the Raider 2 12 and Freeraider 2 14 since they’ve got a wider pattern at the heel, right ?
    Doesn’t the Raider series have the same heel hole pattern? The wider pattern your seeing comes from the plates they ship with, no? At least thats how the old Raiders were designed.

I think the first Raiders had the same heel hole pattern as the other lighter ATK, but the new ones have a wider pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Wow, they actually ski that Grizzly binding down hill. For sure thought it was a uphill race only binding.
    https://grizzly.ski/en/grizzly-test-jasna-low-tatras-2/
    Before anyone rips on their style, keep in perspective the gear they are skiing.
    That's actually impressive as fuck.

Super cool binding concept too.

Stand in the place where you live. Now face north.
    Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    That's actually impressive as fuck.

Super cool binding concept too.
    That's crazy. No way I would have skied that binding that aggressively inbounds on hardpack and chopped powder, even if they were all backseat with 160 cm skis and 160 cm poles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Snow Shovel View Post
    That's crazy. No way I would have skied that binding that aggressively inbounds on hardpack and chopped powder, even if they were all backseat with 160 cm skis and 160 cm poles.
    Noticed the poles also. Use of poles that long would put me in the backseat.

Quote Originally Posted by uysy View Post
    Hi again
    About Aerosize vest - Made in Poland (They consulted some features with me ) - feel free to ask any question
    How it works:

About Arva airbags - don't forget guys that you need to add XXX grams to each backpack (all weights are WITHOUT canisters / cylinders). Overall you are fucked in United States :P No Carbon canisters, so in this case you need to add ~530g to each backpack model. So 40L = 2700g - same weight as an Mammut PRO 45L RAS 3.0
    Attachment 269371

I can't for the life of me figure out why the fuck NA can't get carbon avy cylinders. In paintball there are carbon cylinders for days that aren't that much bigger and are rated for up to 5000psi.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

I will tel you why - Money
    Mammut, Arva, BCA, Ortovox etc - somoeone need's to pay for USA Certification for Carbon cylinders (law regulations etc) .

Btw I just Finished "review" od ABS Airbags.
    Long story short: heavy (heavier then Jetforce PRO ), expensive (to buy and cylinder replacement).
    You can use "auto translate" but weight / capacity is pretty clear
    (2 new things at the end of article - new backpack and "airbag for face" ).

https://plecakilawinowe.pl/plecaki-l...sc-abs-s-cape/

Tried out a few 2020 skis for a few runs yesterday. I’m 6’2”/175.

K2 Mindbender 90Ti and 99Ti in 184cm-Very easy to ski but solid and damp feeling. Traditional mount but had them moved a few cm forward and were more playful there. Very similar feel to the Nordica Enforcer series. Didn’t ski like a heavy ski but went through crud like a heavy ski. Really liked them!

K2 Marksman 184cm- Don’t know if the tune was off on these or what, but they didn’t feel as fun and surfy as I was hoping. Felt nice, damp and solid but swing weight felt heavier and not as playful as the Mindbenders which I wouldn’t have expected. Have to try them again after a re-tune.

Wondering how the Mindbender 108Ti would compare for more directional skiers with the mount moved up a bit as the other Mindbenders were so good.

Blizzard Rustler 10 180cm-Heard reports they were supposed to beef it up and tried it to see. Reps said it was unchanged and didn’t ski any different than this years. Just wishful thinking that it was going to get upgrades I think. So if you like this year’s, you’re good but if you wanted a beefier version, you’ll have to look elsewhere.

Line Outline 186cm-Replaces the Mordecai and Magnus Opus in one ski at 117mm underfoot/16m radius. Liked it! Stiffer than the SFB, more like the Mordecai in feel. Med stiffness and not too light that it wasn’t terribly bucked around in crud but soft and playful for tight turns at lower speeds too. Not a charger of course but not a wimp either. Would be a fun ski for a lot of people as it was very easy to ski. Has the Partly Cloudy core.

Line SFB- didn’t ski it but flexed and felt similar to last years in weight and flex but now wider at 107mm underfoot and has the convex base tips.

Own the new Enforcer Free 104 186cm and they were showing it there as well. Have 3 days on mine and love them. Moved my mount up 2cm and they are a very solid feeling ski that motors through crud and is very playful in the bumps. Carves very well for that width. A more “free ride/free style” Enforcer 100 or quicker on its feet Enforcer 110.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post

K2 Mindbender 90Ti and 99Ti in 184cm-Very easy to ski but solid and damp feeling. Traditional mount but had them moved a few cm forward and were more playful there. Very similar feel to the Nordica Enforcer series. Didn’t ski like a heavy ski but went through crud like a heavy ski. Really liked them!

K2 Marksman 184cm- Don’t know if the tune was off on these or what, but they didn’t feel as fun and surfy as I was hoping. Felt nice, damp and solid but swing weight felt heavier and not as playful as the Mindbenders which I wouldn’t have expected. Have to try them again after a re-tune.

Wondering how the Mindbender 108Ti would compare for more directional skiers with the mount moved up a bit as the other Mindbenders were so good.

Blizzard Rustler 10 180cm-Heard reports they were supposed to beef it up and tried it to see. Reps said it was unchanged and didn’t ski any different than this years. Just wishful thinking that it was going to get upgrades I think. So if you like this year’s, you’re good but if you wanted a beefier version, you’ll have to look elsewhere.

Line Outline 186cm-Replaces the Mordecai and Magnus Opus in one ski at 117mm underfoot/16m radius. Liked it! Stiffer than the SFB, more like the Mordecai in feel. Med stiffness and not too light that it wasn’t terribly bucked around in crud but soft and playful for tight turns at lower speeds too. Not a charger of course but not a wimp either. Would be a fun ski for a lot of people as it was very easy to ski. Has the Partly Cloudy core.

Line SFB- didn’t ski it but flexed and felt similar to last years in weight and flex but now wider at 107mm underfoot and has the convex base tips.

Own the new Enforcer Free 104 186cm and they were showing it there as well. Have 3 days on mine and love them. Moved my mount up 2cm and they are a very solid feeling ski that motors through crud and is very playful in the bumps. Carves very well for that width. A more “free ride/free style” Enforcer 100 or quicker on its feet Enforcer 110.
    V cool about the Enforcer Free 104. How’d you buy one?

Did you notice the Line convex base at the tips/tail? It’s on the Outline too right?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    V cool about the Enforcer Free 104. How’d you buy one?

Did you notice the Line convex base at the tips/tail? It’s on the Outline too right?

I buy A LOT of skis from Corbetts.com as they are close to me and asked if they were getting any in before next season. They just got in 6 pairs in last week and grabbed a pair for myself based on the SkiEssentials video thinking I’d like them. I do!

Yes, it has the convex tip/tail on the SFB and Outline. We had about 4” of fresh that morning and they did seem pretty surfy and easily to turn in fresh and weren’t bad at all for their weight when it got tracked out. Think they are about 2050grams which isn’t burly but felt much better than my old 1850 gram SFB did in those types of conditions. How much of their performance was due to the tips/tails I don’t know but they skied very easily through fresh snow.

Rustler 10 is 100-150g heavier with a core that’s 1mm thicker from tip to tail. Not a dramatic difference but noticeable if you know what you’re looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by couchsending View Post
    Rustler 10 is 100-150g heavier with a core that’s 1mm thicker from tip to tail. Not a dramatic difference but noticeable if you know what you’re looking for.
    Thought that too and told the reps that I’ve heard this from a few people. 3 reps said it was unchanged and even had Ski Essentials weigh a 2020 vs 2019 single 172cm ski(only ones they had around) and there was a 20 gram difference which easily happens between a pair of the same ski. SkiEssentials thought it was unchanged too. My left vs right Rustler 9 are 40 grams different.

Kinda doubting that anything was done to them now. Who knows?

I actually brought a scale into Corbetts and picked the heaviest pair of Rustler 9 and they were 40 and 70 grams heavier than the other pairs there. My new Enforcer Free 104 are only 2 grams different left/right and the other pair in the store was 10 grams different so very consistent on those skis.

Thought that too and told the reps that I’ve heard this from a few people. 3 reps said it was unchanged and even had Ski Essentials weigh a 2020 vs 2019 single 172cm ski(only ones they had around) and there was a 20 gram difference which easily happens between a pair of the same ski. SkiEssentials thought it was unchanged too. My left vs right Rustler 9 are 40 grams different.

Kinda doubting anything was done to them. Who knows?
    Just to add to the confusion our rep said they only beefed up the tip. Hand flexing them back to back I couldn’t really tell a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Just to add to the confusion our rep said they only beefed up the tip. Hand flexing them back to back I couldn’t really tell a difference.
    Flexed the 180cm, skied it too and didn’t seem any different. Skied like “I wish they did add 150grams so it was closer to 2000 grams and wouldn’t get bucked around in crud so much”. Lol

Rep also said “no one has complained about it being too light and not stable at speed”and responded “umm, everyone complains the Rustler 10 is too light and not stable at speed”. Rolls eyes....

If all the Rustler series gained weight and were around the 2kg range plus at 180cm, they would be perfect for their purpose. Still lighter and more playful than an Enforcer/Bonifide type ski but still decent when things get tracked out.
    Last edited by noslow; 02-15-2019 at 11:12 AM.

IIRC couchsending actually works for Technica/Blizzard and probably knows what he's talking about.

However it sounds like they are not doing a very good job getting all the reps on the same page.

Rep also said “no one is complained about it being too light and not stable at speed”and responded “umm, everyone complains the Rustler 10 is too light and not stable at speed”. Rolls eyes.....
    While it could be more stable, most skier's are going to find it plenty heavy and stable at speed. Whatever group you run in where 'everyone complains its too light and not stable at speed' represents a very small minority of skiers on the Rustler 10. If you are in the 5% of skiers who would like something which is heavier, and more stable at speed, buy a Cochise/Bonifide, or another ski. Blizzard likely wants those two lines to have a bit of separation. The rustler series is designed to be a bit more playful. FWIW, @210lb, I find the Rustler 11 in a 188 to be plenty stable for me in most conditions. There are times where I wish I had the 192, or something more stable (192 Armada Declivity X!), but they are few and far between.

Useful content:
    Having skied a dozen and half new skis so far this winter I will say things are overall pretty good. Haven't skied much I wouldn't be happy owning and skiing regularly. Maybe I'm just better at not testing the shit skis, but less of the meh sticks than previous years.

- 192 Armada Declivity X can fucking rip for a soft snow ski. This one blew me away at how smooth and stable it was without giving up float in anything soft. Kinda ruined a bunch of the other new 110-120mm skis for me due to how stable and awesome it was. This should be on many TGR's shortlist. A little cumbersome in tight areas, but still manageable, and very confidence inspiring. Honsetly I'm just saying that to find something bad about it. Damp, smooth, solid, still floats in pow. I skied it on the pre-production mount line, which I'm told is 2cm in front of the production rec line. I would leave it there. I wish I had measured from the tail since it fucking ripped and I might get this in the future.

- Volkl Revolt 121: Playful without being squirly. Didn't actually look to see if it had camber, but it skied like it. Likes to pop in and out of the snow. Made finding little popper wind-lips and ledges a blast. Pop up, down, slash, repeat. Anyone who is worried about the Bentchetler going light should look at this ski. Obviously float wasn't an issue.

- Line Vision 108 - Most surprising ski of the test. Doesn't ski near as light as it is. Playful and quick but comfortable going through the mid day windbuff and chop at some speed. Could be a great resort capable touring ski or 50/50 ski for someone who takes a more playful approach. I'd like a bit more float in untouched deeper snow. Overall impressed me. Probably the only 'non-touring' ski to get light right, IMO.

- K2 Mindbender series (99ti, 108ti, 116C): First off, these skis are not simply scaled versions of each other. The 116 is not a wider 108, and the 99 is not a narrower 108. They are purpose built for different skiers. All are pretty damn good once you account for who they are intended for. The 116C is a playful pow ski. It is quick, agile, and floats great. Turn initiation is quick and precise in all snow conditions; much more agile and precise than any previous K2 pow skis over the last decade or two. Its not however, your pow charger of the current PNC/Pinnacle/Seth 118 (not to be confused with the shit pinnacle 95/105). It gets deflected easy at speed in chop and hard bumps. It's just damp and forgiving enough to point through the bumps, but its not comfortable. Overall it's going to be a great resort pow ski for most strong skiers, just maybe not the point it through the crap crowd. Easily the most fun in the trees of all the wider skis I was on.
    MB 108ti: Fucking rips, first K2 in 15 years you need to be careful who you put on it. If you get backseat it will kick your ass. It takes a strong skier with good technique. If you're on the lighter end of the spectrum size down. I'm 210 and the 186 was the right size. 178? was manageable and the 193 took some effort. This sits right between a rustler and a cochise for me. Really adapt at working through variable conditions with some firm, some soft, some chunky. Smooth and powerful with good edge initiation if you stay forward and drive it.
    MB99ti - more approachable than the 108ti. Quicker turn initiation, especially when skied from a centered stance. Locks in on semi-firm groomers (nothing really hard to test on). Still comfortable going through chop. Didn't find float really lacking for a 99 ski. Struck me a more soft snow friendly Mantra M5(96mm) that wants a little more speed.

-Mantra 102: Skis like a bigger version of the M5. Should be aimed at bigger skiers who can overpower the 96. Skis better the faster you go. Took a few runs to figure out where it likes to be skied from. Works well from a variety of stances, likes speed. Very comfortable blasting through chop. Tip is a little sluggish to commit when compared to the M5 or MB99.

- ON3P Woodsman 108 - More fun and versatile version of K2 MB 108. You can ski it from a centered stance, but still get forward on it.

- Faction Prodigy 4.0 - Meh. Cool bro. It's 112 and playful and nothing special. Skis exactly how you think it would.

- DPS Koala 119 (184) - more stable version of revolt 121. Still playful. A new ski for DPS for sure. Not the directional missile of the Lotus 122 Pure 3, but way more stable than the other skis out there. Fun for blasting around PNW chop where you have some deep sections but might roll over a bump to find a chute totally skided out by a snowboarder (I skied this in different conditions than the others). It can be shut down quickly. I'd consider mounting this one back just a hair unless you're a very centered skier.

-Kastle FX 116 HP - Good ski which favors bigger skiers. Skis well. tip got hung up a little for me. Gonna be hard to show me where its $300 better than a Declivity X or Rustler 11 (192).

Is there a published weight on the MB116C? It sounds like a fun touring ski.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    - 192 Armada Declivity X can fucking rip for a soft snow ski. This one blew me away at how smooth and stable it was without giving up float in anything soft. Kinda ruined a bunch of the other new 110-120mm skis for me due to how stable and awesome it was. This should be on many TGR's shortlist. A little cumbersome in tight areas, but still manageable, and very confidence inspiring. Honsetly I'm just saying that to find something bad about it. Damp, smooth, solid, still floats in pow. I skied it on the pre-production mount line, which I'm told is 2cm in front of the production rec line. I would leave it there. I wish I had measured from the tail since it fucking ripped and I might get this in the future.

Is that the one with the skull eyeballing you on the topsheet? Sounds nice

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Is that the one with the skull eyeballing you on the topsheet? Sounds nice
    No, thats an ARV 116 and is not stable.. This is one of the zero collection. Ski on the far left:

No, thats an ARV 116 and is not stable.. This is one of the zero collection. Ski on the far left:
    Are they made by elan? Like the invictus?

I don’t know who makes them, my guess is Atomic, like the majority of the line. The Invictus 108 was built by Blizzard BTW. I’d have to look for a SN stamp.

I don’t know who makes them, my guess is Atomic, like the majority of the line. The Invictus 108 was built by Blizzard BTW. I’d have to look for a SN stamp.
    Thanks!

Xavier - have you spent much / any time on the Wren 108? Curious on your thoughts on the Woodsman in comparison.

Sounds like K2 finally made a real ski again. They even poached Karl from ON3P to promote it.

While it could be more stable, most skier's are going to find it plenty heavy and stable at speed. Whatever group you run in where 'everyone complains its too light and not stable at speed' represents a very small minority of skiers on the Rustler 10. If you are in the 5% of skiers who would like something which is heavier, and more stable at speed, buy a Cochise/Bonifide, or another ski. Blizzard likely wants those two lines to have a bit of separation. The rustler series is designed to be a bit more playful. FWIW, @210lb, I find the Rustler 11 in a 188 to be plenty stable for me in most conditions. There are times where I wish I had the 192, or something more stable (192 Armada Declivity X!), but they are few and far between.
    ).
    When I say “everyone complains about stability at speed” on the Rustler 10 I’m talking about every review that has been written about that ski who mentions how it’s fun and playful it is but not so stable in longer fast turns or in crud. Remember when the Blistergear review came out and everyone on this site and others I visit were kinda bummed about their lukewarm review of the Rustler 10. They had 140lb skiers on the 188cm and still found it didn’t like any speed.
    Skimag, SkiEssentials and others all mention stability issues with it.
    Everyone loves the Rustler 11 and Rustler 9 but it’s hit and miss on the Rustler 10.

The Rustler 11 and Rustler 9 are perfect skis for those looking for a more playful versions of the Cochise or Brahma. I own the Rustler 9 in a 180cm and it rips.

The Rustler 10 just seems to be a bigger drop down in performance compared to the Bonifide and I’m sure many consumers are hoping it does end up getting beefed up a bit so that a very good ski could become great.

Was looking forward to trying out the K2 MB 108Ti but it wasn’t available for demo. Your review makes me even more intrigued! Hear it was the charger of the group and based on how great the 90Ti and 99Ti skied, I’m sure it’s great!
    Hear some of the team riders skiing it -3cm rom Center so those skis must have a very large sweet spot for mounts.