Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I dunno. I heard the spur doesn’t suck.
    I haven't skied them, but they seem to be pretty un-versatile based on descriptions and how frequently they've been for sale cheap. Rustler 11 is a sweet ski though. I'd consider Zero G's based on that design, actually. So I take it back.

Blizzard, make a Zero G 114, please.

^ See BD (Blizzard) Helio 116.

would be keen on a skinny spur with ZG technology.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Blizzard, make a Zero G 114, please.
    I bet the Austrians think if you need a touring ski wider than 105, you should hire an instructor and learn to ski powder.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I bet the Austrians think if you need a touring ski wider than 105, you should hire an instructor and learn to ski powder.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Gunthers not Bruces

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ^ See BD (Blizzard) Helio 116.
    It's da tits too
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Heard Vishnu is coming out with an all carbon uphill ski!

so what is up with these new skis volkl are trying to build so much hype around? (re insta)

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Does anyone know if the Black Crow Atris is changing for 2020?

Thanks, J
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

Anyone hear any rumors on new AT or AT Crossover boots?

I heard a rumor with virtually no details that Dalbello is going to jump into the super lite touring boot arena. No idea if it is a 1,000gram boot or a 1,500gram affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    I heard a rumor with virtually no details that Dalbello is going to jump into the super lite touring boot arena. No idea if it is a 1,000gram boot or a 1,500gram affair.
    you’re holding out on us! who’d you hear the rumor from? when?? how did the convo come up!?!?
    Last edited by margotron; 12-29-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Seems like with some lighter plastics their Lupo line wouldn't be far off.

Quote Originally Posted by rock.skier View Post
    Seems like with some lighter plastics their Lupo line wouldn't be far off.
    That’s what Im hoping. The shell of the Lupo ain’t light — and is markedly different than the shell material in the XTD and ZGPT

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    The shell of the Lupo ain’t light — and is markedly different than the shell material in the XTD and ZGPT
    The plastic used in the Lupo AX 120 is a new material called Irfran, and is close to Grilamid in terms of rigidity/weight as well as being very punchable.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    But it’s so much more fun to ski pow on fat rocker skis! Says the kid who grabs full camper 98 wide Kastles to ski pow some days

I skied a lap with Davenport in Highlands Bowl today and he was on the the new Kästle FX 106 HP. Appeared to be basically a lightened version of the BMX105 HP, with similar shape and profile. I'm guessing something that's ~2000g for 181 while still being ready to rip.

The only other detail I got from the shop owner who told me this was "about 1,300 grams". That's it, all I know.

The only other detail I got from the shop owner who told me this was "about 1,300 grams". That's it, all I know.
    That’s not a ‘super light’ boot by any stretch, but it’s right where I like my touring boots to be. Fingers crossed it doesn’t have a removable tongue mess-around and fits like a krypton/Lupo. I’m in the market to replace my Vulcans with a ‘proper’ touring boot that compliments my Lupo sidecountry/resort boots.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Really? Interesting. I would rather have a removable tongue boot that has an actual 3 piece flex pattern than anything else. Otherwise why not just go buy a hoji if you want to eliminate fiddle factor. What I want is a built from the ground up, proper 3 piece touring boot, around 1400g, to complement my Lupo sidecountry/resort/sled ski boots.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Really? Interesting. I would rather have a removable tongue boot that has an actual 3 piece flex pattern than anything else. Otherwise why not just go buy a hoji if you want to eliminate fiddle factor. What I want is a built from the ground up, proper 3 piece touring boot, around 1400g, to complement my Lupo sidecountry/resort/sled ski boots.
    Agreed. There's a lot of cool boots out there. Dalbello should stick with what's working with the lupo and just lighten that fucker.

Removable tongues are 100% worth it if you get get a downhill performance advantage. There is no boot on the market that has the same range of motion touring, and power downhill as the Lupo Carbon/Factory.

Throw me in a removable tongues are good* camp. I think a 1300-1400g Lupo Tour is 100% attainable while still skiing really well. The Lupo 120 AX is under 1800g / 26.5 with replaceable Grip Walk soles, a heavy cuff and powerstrap.

A narrower last, lighter carbon plastic cuff, minimalistic yet functional powerstrap (see ZeroG Tour), and thin fixed rubber 9523 sole would likely get you most if not all of the way there.

*when executed properly like the Lupo not in a pain in the ass fashion like the Vulcan, Backland.

If they make a lighter Lupo it'd be a prime contender to replace my MTN Labs. I like the MTN Labs but I'm thinking of getting a CAST setup for traveling and I don't want to mess around with my knees. The MTN Labs may just become coaching boots.