Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    All from the Evo link (i have been waiting a few days for them to update the page) but hm, did Völkl kill off the BMT line? If so that is a shame. BMTs are not depicted on Evo at least, nor is any successor other than current touring skis. Late release or axed?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020_volkl_skis_2.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	265216

The subtle tweak to add a tree line / mountain range to Rossi S7skis really make them look a whole lot better imo.

I really like the simplification of the Eric Pollard line - makes sense!

Icelantic graphics are better than some years past imo - well done!

Name:	2020_icelantic_skis_2.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	265217

Odd that Dynafit still has not come up with a successor to their old Beast, to take the fight to Tectons and Shifts (and Kingpins).

I really like Armada's new ARV graphics!

Name:	2020_armada_arv_skis.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	265218

and agreed, Backlands look super promising, XTDs does as well.

My question is how is look making the p18s gripwalk compatible? Just a new afd hopefully like what they did with the wtr

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    My question is how is look making the p18s gripwalk compatible? Just a new afd hopefully like what they did with the wtr

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yes, they will be GW compatible.
    Click. Point. Chute.

did Völkl kill off the BMT line? If so that is a shame. BMTs are not depicted on Evo at least, nor is any successor other than current touring skis. Late release or axed?
    Was just looking at the 19/20 catalog yesterday, BMT's remain except the 122. Too bad, the 122 is a kick ass ski and pretty much perfect for Japan, etc.

Well, I found my boots for next year!

Last edited by reckless toboggan; 01-19-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Was just looking at the 19/20 catalog yesterday, BMT's remain except the 122. Too bad, the 122 is a kick ass ski and pretty much perfect for Japan, etc.
    Ah - good to hear. Do you have a link or did you look at it in person? Agreed about the 122s though. I even have a spare pair in 176. Guess I should try to buy some in 186 to try before they go extinct. I really, really enjoy my pair.

Is it just an AFD swap or different baseplate for the Gripwalk Pivot 18?

Don't know my FKS/Pivot history too well but how far back does AFD swapping extend?

Kid-K,

Saw it in the 19/20 dealer catalog - no 122's. The 109's and 90's get topsheets much like the Katana and V-Werks Mantra. PM sent on 122's in 186

Wow! Atomic's post-war, Soviet, industrial color scheme is inspired. Would you call that color puce? Or just puke for short?
    On a related note, anybody got specs for the Backland Carbon boot? Could be interested

Name:	2020_atomic_hawx_xtd_boots.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	265242

Name:	2020_atomic_backland_boots.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	265243

Geezus. As a retailer I wish ski companies would stop hiring fashion industry "designers" to do their top sheets. Come on Volkl, leopard skin? Black and grey boots that all look like rental boots, fuck.
    That rear entry Atomic is an abomination. The Dynastar Menace is cool but it starts at 169 so not short enough for good small women and teens and the longest length is too short for rippers, fuck.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It’s all about selling skis to dentists.
    Except the Proto's available in two lengths both of which are too long for the dentists around here.
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Do we have any changes to the Menace model that used to be the Slicer? Will it be longer? Wider?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Do we have any changes to the Menace model that used to be the Slicer? Will it be longer? Wider?
    169, 175, 181, 187 lengths 132,98,120
    so looks like just bringing back the shortest and longest lengths of the Slicer which was the Sixth Sense and may have been the last Troublemaker...can't remember
    Those molds definitely do not owe the company any money.
    My thoughts on the shortest lengths still stand though, need at least a 15x and a 19x to compete with other brands.
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

Bummer it ain't wider.

Really need a mid-100 offering to complement the Pro-To and compete with the Blizzard, Nordica, Atomic, Rossignol, etc. offerings.

187 length ain't bad, but not really wide enough for an all-mountain ski IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodhemn View Post
    I know the 18/19 L138 was a one-off build, launched as part of their Dreamtime series, and wasn't announced until the end of June -- see https://www.dpsskis.com/en/blog/dps-...ime-offerings/. If DPS brings it back again for 19/20, they may handle it the same way.
    This actually makes sense. Pretty limited usage case to make a full run of skis

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Is it just an AFD swap or different baseplate for the Gripwalk Pivot 18?
    Don't know my FKS/Pivot history too well but how far back does AFD swapping extend?
    If its just an AFD baseplate it will be the same mold as the WTR baseplate. This means only 2011 or newer bindings will work for this baseplate.
    Here is some photos showing the difference of new release (2011 and on) and pre 2008 models. This was previously posted from when the WTR AFD was released.

Name:	imgcache.php.jpeg 
Views:	260 
Size:	314.3 KB 
ID:	265514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imgcache.php.jpeg 
Views:	258 
Size:	391.7 KB 
ID:	265515

when we are on the topic of Looks - it is a sponsored ad on Skipass, but still kinda interesting wrt the photos and the read: http://www.skipass.com/news/175686-l...in-france.html

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    paging all dentist: DPS 2020

https://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/dps_1920
    What to do when you've got just one shape (W112) that lots of people (including myself) love? Produce a slightly fatter version, a straighter version, a narrower version, and a cheaper version. Not seeing much innovation from DPS. Where are the boots?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000427713774

More info on mindbender from K2 on Gear 30.

I am intrigued, but did I hear this right they are looking to add stiffness to their skis with that fancy new sidewall they are adding to their skis? Seems silly if you have a sheet of titanal why do you need more stiffness from your sidewall? Is that what got Solly in trouble in prior years QST?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If anyone can get ahold of some of the P18 GripWalk AFDs early -- I'll take two

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    If anyone can get ahold of some of the P18 GripWalk AFDs early -- I'll take two
    Or if anyone finds out the part number from Look/Rossi.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000427713774

More info on mindbender from K2 on Gear 30.

I am intrigued, but did I hear this right they are looking to add stiffness to their skis with that fancy new sidewall they are adding to their skis? Seems silly if you have a sheet of titanal why do you need more stiffness from your sidewall? Is that what got Solly in trouble in prior years QST?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Titinal does not in itself make a ski stiff.. has more to do with core profile and glass than titinal. There are definitely sidewall materials out there that are quite burly. Didn’t listen to the podcast but the sidewalls on the good race skis are quite different than what you would find on any ski in a store.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Or if anyone finds out the part number from Look/Rossi.
    Maybe they won't make one - they didn't change the WTR Dual ones between year one (not GripWalk-approved) and year two (GripWalk-approved in the alpine setting).

(#FCEF002 is the number for WTR AFD for the P18 in case you need that).

Anyone hear of a ProMachine version of Strider coming? ProMachine fit me great.