Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    You guys are fucked, all this new tech and we are jizzing our pants over a pair of ugly ass slippers? God we are all old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Literally only a matter of time until we are as old as Pugski

Quote Originally Posted by uysy View Post
    Hi,
    I am a guy (from Poland :P) who tested new Black Diamond Jetforce PRO avalanche airbag. Also someone here posted my review (in Polish ). I already translated this review to English (*but I am not able to post URL here :P).

I can reply to any questions you want - about all three new systems
    Alpride E1 - supercapacitors
    Alprdie 2.0 - "old" 2 gas canister system
    Jetforce PRO / Jetforce BT (in PIEPS case).

Feel free to ask.

Modular packs will be available in Jetforce Pro and Jetforco BT (for PIEPS).
    ZIP-ONs called "BOOSTERS" will be available in 10L, 25L, 35L and 25L Splitboard Version. My suggestion - buy 35L option (3000g entire backpack).

There is NO way to remove "system" from base of the backpack.

Alpride E1 is fully detachable from the backpack. Right now there are 4 models with alpride E1
    Scott Patrol AP E1 - Alpride E1
    Alpride SuperCap30 Alpride E1 - limited edition
    PIEPS JetForce SC 20L
    Black Diamond JETFORCE TOUR 26L
    https://plecakilawinowe.pl

Nope, there is a SMALL chance that you can buy "empty" Bakcpack. From my point of view - there is no need to swap backpacks. 30L is nice and light.

Here you can find "short review" in English for Jetforce PRO / Jetforce BT (PIEPS). The only difference between BD and PIEPS will be...colours .

https://plecakilawinowe.pl/new-black...tforce-system/

About Alpride E1 system in Black Diamond / Pieps / Scott.
    Posts are in Polish, but feel free to ask here Also i added "translate" option (left upper corner).

Black Diamond:
    https://plecakilawinowe.pl/black-dia...ny-alpride-e1/

Pieps:
    https://plecakilawinowe.pl/pieps-jet...em-alpride-e1/

SCOTT:
    https://plecakilawinowe.pl/scott-pat...1-elektryczny/
    Second post in six years? *golf clap*

You guys are fucked, all this new tech and we are jizzing our pants over a pair of ugly ass slippers? God we are all old.

Was about to post the same damn thing

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Second post in six years? *golf clap*
    YES this was my long term master plan!

I noticed that someone is interested in new Avalanche Airbags. As you noticed, Polish language is a little bit hard to understand...if you are from USA.
    So I am here to help, that's all. We can remove all URL etc. My website is nonprofit I don't care. It was my personall blog, about avalanche airbags. Because no one did same thing, ever.
    And now you can find all details in one place .

@uysy your reviews are well written and it is clear you have solid knowledge and researched well. Thank you for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    @uysy your reviews are well written and it is clear you have solid knowledge and researched well. Thank you for posting.
    Thanks . I am trying to post more pictures than text. There is no point to write marketing "blablalbalbalba". We don't need to know other language to "read" pictures .

Heh. Honestly, compared to some of the revolutionary new products released in recent years (Tectons, Shifts, etc.) there's nothing so far this upcoming season that's blowing my skirt up. Skis themselves seem to have reached a plateau - everything being produced is just so damn good compared to several years ago now that (most) designers have figured out rocker profiles that don't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Heh. Honestly, compared to some of the revolutionary new products released in recent years (Tectons, Shifts, etc.) there's nothing so far this upcoming season that's blowing my skirt up. Skis themselves seem to have reached a plateau - everything being produced is just so damn good compared to several years ago now that (most) designers have figured out rocker profiles that don't suck.
    Bingo.

Although the Ninja Suit Pro from Airblaster is something I forgot to mention from the show. Once I snag that with my FT booties I may never leave the house.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Is it true Shimano is working on integrating the Di2 tech into heel lifters? Asking for a friend.
    workin' on the poor man's manual shifter based heel lifter system this season. acquired a handful of various shifters from the bike scrap yard and few miles of cable. it's a start, see where it goes. after more than a few instances of being stuck on some steep hard snow sidehill with a no fall zone below and just that one little shift in weight to reach back and turn or flick the heel lifter to the next essential, crucial setting could be the cause of a slip and fall to one's demise...i've come to the conclusion that the struggle is real and gotta figure out a better system.
    Master of mediocrity.

I do agree, the only thing I’m hoping for these days are light (sub 1200g) boots that walk amazing and ski pretty fucking good as well. Basically want a Scarpa F1 RS type job, I wanna replace my Vulcans and gain both ski feel and not loose walking comfort. Everything else is bang on-skis, bindings and beef boots are so dialled now.

Thanks . I am trying to post more pictures than text. There is no point to write marketing "blablalbalbalba". We don't need to know other language to "read" pictures .
    Could be best TGR post. Evar.

YES this was my long term master plan!

I noticed that someone is interested in new Avalanche Airbags. As you noticed, Polish language is a little bit hard to understand...if you are from USA.
    So I am here to help, that's all. We can remove all URL etc. My website is nonprofit I don't care. It was my personall blog, about avalanche airbags. Because no one did same thing, ever.
    And now you can find all details in one place .
    I think it was meant as a compliment. Rare that a low-count poster stops by to give extremely valuable information, especially in the correct place. Bravo!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I do agree, the only thing I’m hoping for these days are light (sub 1200g) boots that walk amazing and ski pretty fucking good as well. Basically want a Scarpa F1 RS type job, I wanna replace my Vulcans and gain both ski feel and not loose walking comfort. Everything else is bang on-skis, bindings and beef boots are so dialled now.
    It sure sounds like the latest Zero G Guide Pros from Tecnica are getting damn close. 1300 grams and can actually drive a ski (I know that's a bit more than 1200 but if they can deliver on the stiffness that'd be pretty amazing). I'm planning to give them a shot next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Is it true Shimano is working on integrating the Di2 tech into heel lifters? Asking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    and while they're at it: also ski boot collaborations for fully electronic tour/ski mode switching.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    workin' on the poor man's manual shifter based heel lifter system this season. acquired a handful of various shifters from the bike scrap yard and few miles of cable. it's a start, see where it goes. after more than a few instances of being stuck on some steep hard snow sidehill with a no fall zone below and just that one little shift in weight to reach back and turn or flick the heel lifter to the next essential, crucial setting could be the cause of a slip and fall to one's demise...i've come to the conclusion that the struggle is real and gotta figure out a better system.
    Haaa, after seeing the first 2 posts I was going to wager that Hoji or Swissiphic are pribably working on it. My back and shoulders thanks whoever does it. Part of the reason I’m interested in the hoji pro

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    I like the thought... but... a shifter system for heel elevators is a great idea until you have the fiddle factor of two shifter wires to attach to... your poles??? And not have them rip off in a minor fall, but have them easily stowable for descent?

Knew snowboarders who rigged up a pull wire to K2 clicker bindings to release in a slide.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Bingo.

Although the Ninja Suit Pro from Airblaster is something I forgot to mention from the show. Once I snag that with my FT booties I may never leave the house.
    Share a pick of ninja suit pro plz

That needs to happen for snowboards. That’s always a concern for guides. Wondering if a boarder is upside down in a tree well

It sure sounds like the latest Zero G Guide Pros from Tecnica are getting damn close. 1300 grams and can actually drive a ski (I know that's a bit more than 1200 but if they can deliver on the stiffness that'd be pretty amazing). I'm planning to give them a shot next season.
    Top of my list, just not got round to trying them on yet. Hopefully they have a nice flex but aren’t too strong and overpower my spring skis. That’s the beauty of the Vulcans eh, I can use them with tongue on my 186 110mm skis and then loose the tongue and ski my spring/long tour skis which are 176 and 95mm. So versatile.

Any word on the crispi prototype tele boot that’s supposed to update tele boots into the current century?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I think it was meant as a compliment. Rare that a low-count poster stops by to give extremely valuable information, especially in the correct place. Bravo!
    Yep. I am impressed uysy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Share a pick of ninja suit pro plz
    It has a windstop/Water resist fabric in the chest/shoulders/arms and also in the legs. I only really ever got cold in mine in those areas and I am so stoked for this upgrade.

Also has a longer zipper finally (as well as upgraded), and apparently has a more heavy duty Merino.

Sorry for the shitty pic, but I did actually see one in person and was able to feel the difference immediately.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1676.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	928.3 KB 
ID:	268202
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    New Dynastar Legends:
    Attachment 267810
    Menace Proto, 98, 90
    Attachment 267811
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Black P18s next year, stealthy.
    Attachment 267554
    I`m digging the new Dynastar graphics.
    Those black P18s..meh. They should have revived this colorway to match that Proto....
    Name:  IMG_4374.JPG
Views: 1624
Size:  112.6 KB
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

About Alpride E1 in different backpacks.

There is only 1 Alpride 2.0 backpack in BD Workbook for Season 2019/2020. But to be more specific:
    Black Diamond = PIEPS.
    Pieps has: 1 Alpride E1 backpack + 3 new Jetforce BT (same as Jetforce PRO) + maybe one backpack with Alpride 2.0 (two gass canisters).

Black Diamond has: 1 Alpride E1 backpack + 3 Jetforce + 1 backpack with Alpride 2.0
    = 2x Alpride E1 + "6"x new Jetforce + 1 Alpride 2.0 = A LOT

EDIT / UPDATE: Jetforce UL 26L with Alpride 2.0 system (two gass canisters). This will be the lightest Avalanche Airbag in Black Diamond menu - 1997grams

About recharge from 3 batteries = it will take abour 40 to 80 minutes! Also you can recharge from PowerBank - 20-40minutes, but power bank needs to be REMOVED after charging. You CANT use PowerBank as an batteries.

If you are looking for backpack with Alpride E1 system = Scott is your choice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Ski carry is shitty and small /short loops in this backpack. This is 1 day tour with max 100mm skis attached.

Here you can find more details with Alpride E1 - there is only ONE "idiotic" thing - System / capacitors placement. In the middle of the backpack :F.
    https://plecakilawinowe.pl/black-dia...ny-alpride-e1/
    Name:  47430575_358527154897542_8216296368805773312_n.jpg
Views: 1843
Size:  146.6 KB
    Last edited by uysy; 02-05-2019 at 08:14 AM.

That system placement is odd, but not a huge deal. I'd probably just put all my "rare use" things under it like first aid kit, repair kit, emergency bivy sac (what I normally shove in the bottom of the pack).

But yea it sounds like I should go Scott for an E1 since I need a bigger pack for teaching/rescue/guiding.

It won’t let me post a pick but Dynastar has a Instagram story if you check now has a picture of the legend 105 with new graphics
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/