Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Only place I sort of liked it was on groomers. Weird ski for me in the soft stuff. Maybe I needed more than a few runs to get it figured out, but it was a “twitchy” ski.
    My experience exactly with the Rustler 10, wanted to like them since I had the cool white/black LTD topsheet with red Attacks on them. Looked awesome, sold them and never looked back

Is the volkl confession gone next year?

nope - their dealer work book still shows it: http://www.zuzupopo.com/xe/catalog/232253

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 08.44.58.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	812.6 KB 
ID:	274914

Does anybody know if the new ski Sam Smoothy was skiing a whilst back was an update freeride stick, or "just" the Revolt121? Aka this ski:
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 08.40.55.png
Views: 2388
Size:  679.8 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 08.28.44.png 
Views:	269 
Size:	372.4 KB 
ID:	274912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 08.35.59.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	446.2 KB 
ID:	274913  

Gear rumors 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    nope - their dealer work book still shows it: http://www.zuzupopo.com/xe/catalog/232253

Name:	Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 08.44.58.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	812.6 KB 
ID:	274914

Does anybody know if the new ski Sam Smoothy was skiing a whilst back was an update freeride stick, or "just" the Revolt121? Aka this ski:
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-03-19 kl. 08.40.55.png
Views: 2388
Size:  679.8 KB
    He’s on the new version of the One. It’s 191 cm, 121 underfoot, based off the One, Two and the Volkl park skis. I think it’s the Revolt 121.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

When Eder was on the Low Pressure Podcast, he said the Revolt 121 was a newly designed ski that he had a lot of involvement with. It looks like a really nice design between the shape and the profile, and obviously based on what we've seen they're both chargy and playful.

Gear rumors 19/20

Looks like it could be a cool ski. Eder is a bit of a Hoji protege iirc. Looks like it has a similar tip/tail rocker profile to Hojis/Rens.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 03-19-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    When Eder was on the Low Pressure Podcast, he said the Revolt 121 was a newly designed ski that he had a lot of involvement with. It looks like a really nice design between the shape and the profile, and obviously based on what we've seen they're both chargy and playful.
    I’m sure the design is decent, but I’m reticent to sing praises. It’s not like volkl invented taper and mustache camber this year. They finally made a playful ski that isn’t fully rockered. Bout time. That sort of ski is widely available.

Can’t see this dislodging me from billy goats.

I’m guessing the volkl athletes that aren’t as big as Ian Mac are relieved to have a middle ground between the confession and a fully rockered ski. No wonder they’re stoked.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

if anything the revolt121 is gunning for k116s, not BGs.

good on Völkl for listening to their pros and straying from their wider than x=full rocker formula GregL seemed to like it, so if Völkl has inadvertently designed a banger good for all of us (as it seems like Völkl designs can bleed over to other brands as well - even if this might be the other way around)

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    I spoke with the Salomon rep at a recent demo day up at Whistler and he said that the 2020 QST 106 had a whole bunch of updates: construction (cork tips/tails, distribution of carbon/flax stringers); rocker profile (deeper tail rocker lines and increased splay); sidecut profile (turning radius increased from 20m @181cm to 22m @181cm). He said that the new ski was improved in every way, without any compromises/tradeoffs. I pressed him on this and he admitted the 2020 version might be another 100g heavier than the 2019 version.

Didn't get on the new skis, but I like the 2019 QST 106 and am intrigued by the 2020 edition as a slightly burlier and more freeride-oriented version.
    I was able to get a few runs on the 2020 QST 99 and 106 this weekend. My friend also tried the QST 106. We both really liked them and found them to be versatile. You could lay back on them or really drive them and they responded really well. I wouldn’t think of them as burly, but was surprised how well they sliced through crud. Also carved really well on groomers. Found the 99 to be more energetic with a stronger tail, the 106 released a lot easier. Haven’t been on the 2019 QST’s so can’t compare.

New marker binding on kye petersons skis. Shift competitor? Or just new toe for the royal family?

Name:	509D11BF-DC06-4624-A104-6E0C2C0B11A4.jpeg 
Views:	265 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	275254

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    New marker binding on kye petersons skis. Shift competitor? Or just new toe for the royal family?
    I saw that too and thought the same, but pretty sure it's just a race binding:
    https://www.marker.net/en/products/b...cell-180-4031/

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    I saw that too and thought the same, but pretty sure it's just a race binding:
    https://www.marker.net/en/products/b...cell-180-4031/
    yep, race binding, note the brakes stuck up on the topsheet
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Anyone have dimensions/weight on the Black Crows Ferox Freebird 2020? Failing at googling this info. Thx.

An elusive bird. I’d hoped to ski it but the crows crew didn’t make it to our local demo.

You've probably read all of it - but if not, what is I could find from a quick search:

from REI: New for fall 2019, the Ferox is the cousin to their immensely popular Corvus Freebird, but while the skis have near-identical weights and waist widths, the Ferox skis much more like a true freeride board than the Corvus. Its twip-tip shape and softer construction means the Ferox is more playful in soft snow than the Corvus, while the carbon/fiberglass “H” shaped reinforcement strip helps it maintain pop in crud. If you’re looking for a one-ski backcountry quiver, this might be your go-to. REI will continue to carry the Black Crows Corvus and will be bringing in the Ferox for next winter.

Name:	FeroxBlackCrows.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	275478
    SKIMAG: The French brand Black Crows will replace the Anima Freebird with the strikingly beautiful Ferox Freebird for 2019/2020. Weighing in at 3,600 grams per pair at the 181cm length, the secret sauce of this ski is its three dimensional semi cap construction that has a performance enhancing carbon fiber/fiberglass layer, putting more material over the edges of the ski, where it counts most.

skipass: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	179741.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	580.3 KB 
ID:	275479

there's also a couple of french youtube videos giving some info, but my frog is pretty weak.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FoVUw760o (shows rocker)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWlFkj5Vb1k&t=390s

interesting that they are replacing twin rocker touring ski with a flat tail one. Also Corvus freebird is 109 and Ferox will be 110? How's that working?

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    interesting that they are replacing twin rocker touring ski with a flat tail one. Also Corvus freebird is 109 and Ferox will be 110? How's that working?
    I'm a big fan of my Anima Freebirds, but I wish they had a bit less tail rocker. Hopefully the Ferox tail isn't too flat, though, because it's nice to have an easy release back there for tight spots. I assume that's the case, otherwise it would be too similar to the Corvus Freebird.

Screen grab from the link above:
    Name:  ferox.png
Views: 1613
Size:  900.5 KB

I think that is a bit less no? More tail splay than Corvus Freebirds, as well as a fair bit less chamber - so they should be quite a bit more slarvy / playful.

It will also be interesting to compare them flex wise. If my memory serves me right then I remember Anima Freebirds being rather soft.

Yeah way less. Anima Freebirds are nearly full twins. Those look pretty nice.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Skied all the new K2 mindbenders today.
    90ti: easy going, carved a nice turn with good energy, great for intermediates or someone who wants a really easy frontside ski.

99ti: Skied the 184 and it was awesome. Could carve turn shapes of all sizes, easy to slide around in the bumps, damp and stable. Ties with the bonafide for my favorite skis in the 90-100 all mtn class.

108ti: Skied the 186 and couldn’t really make it work for me, but the snow was not great. It’s torsionally very stiff underfoot and in the tips, but you can slash the tails out whenever you want. The tail is very powerfull and the ski feels really strong when you bend it, it will spank you if you get in the backseat. Really want to try the 193 as I think I’ll be able to leverage the longer tail a bit better.

116c: Skied the 186. Again not in great snow, but I really enjoyed this ski, great turn initiation, easy to slarve, carves really well for a wide ski, feels lite, but still pretty damp. Really balanced and fun in the air, makes you want to pop off everything. Skied at recommended and at +1 and the ski felt a lot more balanced at +1. Would love this in the 193.

Is the Kendo 92 a euro product only? Shows in some of the books but not others.

Maybe midway through product launch someone pointed out having an 88mm, 92mm, 96mm, and 102mm wide version of the same ski was silly. 4mm between models can lead to consumer confusion and not buying a ski. Do I want the 92? Maybe the 96? Or the 88? Shit I don’t know, gotta go home post on three forums and make a spreadsheet to find out. Also it makes it difficult on shops.

Raw speculation: can anyone envelope a touring binding using the pivot turntable heel (that isn’t cast). Similar to how to the Shift is just an STH on a diet?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Raw speculation: can anyone envelope a touring binding using the pivot turntable heel (that isn’t cast). Similar to how to the Shift is just an STH on a diet?
    Seriously. It's the BAM Pindung.

If you made the BAM Pindung out of carbonthermoplastic instead of metal, you'd have exactly what you're asking for. BAM just doesn't have the Salomon type money to make their's out of carbonthermoplastic. Look will/should buy them.

Also, I think that we're seeing real and repeated evidence (however anecdotal) that the shift is not the sth on a diet. The shift is a touring binding with less elasticity that should be skied as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Also, I think that we're seeing real and repeated evidence (however anecdotal) that the shift is not the sth on a diet. The shift is a touring binding with less elasticity that should be skied as such.
    It is for some of us... so far anyway. Time will tell.